Tell me about the spa on Splendor

pblack

My husband and I are booked for a week in August for our anniversary. This go around we've booked an inside spa room. We've never had a spa room before and have never used the spa on the ship. I know that the biggest difference with the spa rooms is the included spa passes. I guess my question would be what is not to miss in the spa?

I do have another question also regarding booking spa treatments. Is it better to book now or wait till we get on the ship? I'm not picky about time/date (we've done this itinerary a few times). I thought I had read if you have a spa room you get some kind of discount on treatments. I'm just not sure if that discount is better than the discount you get for booking now.

Thanks in advance!

A spa room is excellent! We’ve done them before but not on Splendor. But: The hubs and I did 7-day spa pass on the Splendor and loved it. The heated loungers are so relaxing, as well as the thalassotherapy pool. With a spa room, you’ll get some spa offers each day. As I recall one was for a discounted Rasul mud treatment in a special area of the spa with a rain shower and steam room.

A spa room has a few extra amenities, some special toiletries and slippers.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had an interior spa cabin on Splendor last month. We both loved the spa access. DH spent time every day in the various steam rooms. I found them too hot/steamy/ not really my thing. However, we both spent time every day in the Thalasso pool--think giant hot tub with hardly any people in it.

We were just a short flight of stairs away accessing the spa which contributed to our high usage. I also went to the gym almost every day just because it was so easy to access.

We booked more spa treatments on this trip than we usually do because we wanted to splurge, and because we were offered progressively better discounts. I almost booked online to take advantage of the promos, but I'm glad we waited to book until we got on the ship. For example, they were offering some embarkation-day only specials on massages, but they time slots were full for that day so they booked us for the first sea day at the same price. It was awesome. We got to know most of the spa staff and they would always throw out some treatment they thought we'd like for 20% off. Their sales pitches worked :D

We also really liked having robes and slippers to use. I didn't think we'd care about that but we saved packing space by not packing our slippers (we usually do) and being able to just throw a robe over our bathing suit and head up to the spa every day was so nice.

We would do it again for sure, but I'd probably do a balcony next time just because we missed having balcony access.

Don't miss a thing!! DH and I had a couples pass to the spa on the Splendor a few weeks ago and it was a major highlight of our cruise. We loved it all--the thalassotherapy pool, the heat rooms and steam rooms (four in all), the "rain" showers, and even the flavored waters in the relaxation room. We made time to enjoy it all nearly every day of the cruise.

My ONLY disappointment was that there wasn't a lot of consistency in the thermal suites from day to day... the temperatures seemed to jump around, and the aromatherapy aspect (which I really enjoy) was completely nonexistent on some days. My husband met a gentlemen in one of the steam rooms who actually brings his own eucalyptus oil to add a drop to the fountains...I am so doing that next time! Also, a little tip--you are able to change the music in the thermal suites, as well as the volume (there are knobs right next to the door on the outside of each room), so keep that in mind. I adjusted each room to perfection whenever I was lucky enough to be the only one in a room at the time (which was surprisingly quite often!).

We weren't in a spa room so I have no insight on that, but I've always found the best prices on spa treatments to be port day specials, booked on board, and this time was no exception. I had a 75-minute massage that included hot stones and a facial for only $140 while we were in Puerto Vallarta. I also received a 20% off coupon to use on my next treatment (which I didn't end up taking advantage of, but boy was it tempting!).

I'm curious how much the couples spa pass runs? Hubby and I leave on the Splendor two weeks from today for our honeymoon and it will be both our first ever cruise, we are so excited!! We both LOVE spa treatments, and quiet and relaxing environments so the spa area is more up our ally rather than the bar nightlife area.

I'm curious how much the couples spa pass runs? Hubby and I leave on the Splendor two weeks from today for our honeymoon and it will be both our first ever cruise, we are so excited!! We both LOVE spa treatments, and quiet and relaxing environments so the spa area is more up our ally rather than the bar nightlife area.

I want to say that i've read the spa couples pass will cost $200ish for the week. I could be wrong though.

• 1 month later...
We've booked a spa interior on Splendor in April. So I will get back to you and I'm eager to hear as well.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Forums mobile app

Just returned. The spa area is heavenly. So loved the lotions, bath gels, shampoo and conditioners. The thelassotherapy pool is awesome! We were in room 1050 and got two free passes for classes. We took a yoga class and a pilates class. We loved the steam rooms but felt they could have been cleaner. But of course, you do get spa service discounts at 10%.

We loved that pool and wonder if we can sail again without a spa.

We were on a post hurricane/still miserable weather/changed itinerary cruise on her last fall. Tried to make the most of it after rain became the norm everyday. Was able to purchase at a prorated/reduced rate for a couple of days using partially my birthday voucher. Well worth it, especially with the pool/spa, we were able to escape the crowds. Just so peaceful!

So, my best friend and I tried the Cloud 9 spa cabin when the Splendor first set sail in 2009 (first ship to have Cloud 9). At that time, I had a long-term professional relationship with my TA and he upgraded us as a "gift" - we were hooked from day 1 and find it difficult to even consider a ship without something similar (really!). The location of the cabins is wonderful for us. we aren't big partiers, and the location of the spa cabins are pretty remote, and have very little foot traffic (pretty much only those who "live" in the neighborhood). The decor was serene, and much more zen than any cabin we'd ever had before. The big comfy terrycloth robes were divine. The spa products were lovely (at that time they even included a lavender pillow spray that was heavenly). And then there was the spa itself! We created a daily ritual for ourselves, where we would head to the spa around 4:00 when many were heading "home" to get ready for the evening. We would start in the thalassotherapy spa "pool" (a warmer and much larger jacuzzi type "pool"), and then make our way from steam room (with citrus or eucalyptus essential oils), to the less and less "hot" rooms, until we finally made our way to the heated loungers where we would just melt. Overall our "ritual" would last about 90 minutes. We'd bob and weave back "home" (I say bob and weave, because we were quite relaxed by this time), and take turns showering and hanging out on our balcony in those big comfy terrycloth robes, watching the sun set and coming back to life. For as long as it's been offered we've had "any time dining" and this allowed us to make our way to dinner, when we wanted (or I should say if we wanted!).

When we cruised with Celebrity to Alaska we were on the Mercury (she is now retired) and that ship had a similar spa (complete with the thelassotherapy pool and all) - let me tell you, it added an additional level of delight to that Alaska sailing! We now impatiently wait for another ship with a Cloud 9 or similar spa to sail to Alaska again.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned already that we're hooked on Cloud 9.

For the record, we never spend $ on the ship for massages or other treatments. The Cloud 9 alone is all the relaxation we need.

It's not for everyone, but if you enjoy a good steam/sauna, Cloud 9 is your place, and it cannot be beat.

Just returned. The spa area is heavenly. So loved the lotions, bath gels, shampoo and conditioners. The thelassotherapy pool is awesome! We were in room 1050 and got two free passes for classes. We took a yoga class and a pilates class. We loved the steam rooms but felt they could have been cleaner. But of course, you do get spa service discounts at 10%.

We loved that pool and wonder if we can sail again without a spa.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise! Counting down the days till we set sail.

So, my best friend and I tried the Cloud 9 spa cabin when the Splendor first set sail in 2009 (first ship to have Cloud 9). At that time, I had a long-term professional relationship with my TA and he upgraded us as a "gift" - we were hooked from day 1 and find it difficult to even consider a ship without something similar (really!). The location of the cabins is wonderful for us. we aren't big partiers, and the location of the spa cabins are pretty remote, and have very little foot traffic (pretty much only those who "live" in the neighborhood). The decor was serene, and much more zen than any cabin we'd ever had before. The big comfy terrycloth robes were divine. The spa products were lovely (at that time they even included a lavender pillow spray that was heavenly). And then there was the spa itself! We created a daily ritual for ourselves, where we would head to the spa around 4:00 when many were heading "home" to get ready for the evening. We would start in the thalassotherapy spa "pool" (a warmer and much larger jacuzzi type "pool"), and then make our way from steam room (with citrus or eucalyptus essential oils), to the less and less "hot" rooms, until we finally made our way to the heated loungers where we would just melt. Overall our "ritual" would last about 90 minutes. We'd bob and weave back "home" (I say bob and weave, because we were quite relaxed by this time), and take turns showering and hanging out on our balcony in those big comfy terrycloth robes, watching the sun set and coming back to life. For as long as it's been offered we've had "any time dining" and this allowed us to make our way to dinner, when we wanted (or I should say if we wanted!).

When we cruised with Celebrity to Alaska we were on the Mercury (she is now retired) and that ship had a similar spa (complete with the thelassotherapy pool and all) - let me tell you, it added an additional level of delight to that Alaska sailing! We now impatiently wait for another ship with a Cloud 9 or similar spa to sail to Alaska again.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned already that we're hooked on Cloud 9.

For the record, we never spend $ on the ship for massages or other treatments. The Cloud 9 alone is all the relaxation we need.

It's not for everyone, but if you enjoy a good steam/sauna, Cloud 9 is your place, and it cannot be beat.

Thanks for the feedback! We're definitely excited to try it for the first time. Counting down the days until we finally set sail!