Hahaha. I'm a Pre-Gold Newbie! Whoop de doo!

So much talk about loyalty perks - we're newbs about to embark for our first ever on Royal, and we're Pre-Gold. Gotta have status, even if it's a really terrible status!

On the other hand, getting excited about this cruise. . . that we really should not be taking, because we just got off a cruise in January and we are working stiffs who just don't do that all the time. Furthermore, DH and I are both busy at work in a way that is hard to overstate (we are both middle management at two different companies) and the timing for us to be abandoning our respective workplaces has turned out to be poor. We both are very dedicated to the concept of servant leadership and therefore feel bad about leaving our teams to manage a large workload without our help.

Back on the first hand though. . . it's the 12 year old's spring break, and we're getting out of here for a week so we intend to make the most of it. It's been a long, cold winter and we have been working quite hard, so we intend to strut around that ship with our pre-gold status like we own the place. We might grab a deck chair in the morning and actually sit in it reading or better yet, napping. We might just go up to the Windjammer or down to the Park Café whenever we feel like it and get nothing but dessert all day long. After all, we are Pre-Gold. Who wouldn't be impressed by that? I just hope we can find a seat in the PG lounge and get decent bar service for that PG free tap water perk!

Edited by KmomChicago

Pre-gold is a fine status. I took my gf in January when she had that status. In most ways, she had the exact cruise experience I did! Though I would occasionally run into the Diamond Lounge, grab a cappuccino, and then slowly sip it in front of her until I started to feel better about my status. ;)

Congratulations on deciding work is a waste of time and cruising is the real purpose of life.

With the crown & anchor loyalty scheme.after a while you will find it’s not for your benefit,it for the benefit of Royal Caribbean.

For the sake of a few token gifts ,they have you hooked.

Hook,line and sinker.

So much talk about loyalty perks - we're newbs about to embark for our first ever on Royal, and we're Pre-Gold. Gotta have status, even if it's a really terrible status!

On the other hand, getting excited about this cruise. . . that we really should not be taking, because we just got off a cruise in January and we are working stiffs who just don't do that all the time. Furthermore, DH and I are both busy at work in a way that is hard to overstate (we are both middle management at two different companies) and the timing for us to be abandoning our respective workplaces has turned out to be poor. We both are very dedicated to the concept of servant leadership and therefore feel bad about leaving our teams to manage a large workload without our help.

Back on the first hand though. . . it's the 12 year old's spring break, and we're getting out of here for a week so we intend to make the most of it. It's been a long, cold winter and we have been working quite hard, so we intend to strut around that ship with our pre-gold status like we own the place. We might grab a deck chair in the morning and actually sit in it reading or better yet, napping. We might just go up to the Windjammer or down to the Park Café whenever we feel like it and get nothing but dessert all day long. After all, we are Pre-Gold. Who wouldn't be impressed by that? I just hope we can find a seat in the PG lounge and get decent bar service for that PG free tap water perk!

We were all pre-Gold once! It took us about 20 years to make it to Diamond. One cruise at a time. Make sure to place your card on the bar conspicuously when ordering something so that everyone can see the "Pre-Gold" on your card!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Love it! But you will love Royal! Have a great time! And some words of wisdom from this retired RN: life is too short to worry about work. Live while you can. The place won’t collapse without you. Family is most important, so enjoy that Spring Break with your 12 year old! That is time you can never get back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Love it! But you will love Royal! Have a great time! And some words of wisdom from this retired RN: life is too short to worry about work. Live while you can. The place won’t collapse without you. Family is most important, so enjoy that Spring Break with your 12 year old! That is time you can never get back.

Wonderful words! We were all pre-gold once. Our memories cruising with our kids are wonderful. Enjoy your 12 year old, make memories. Our next cruise will be our first cruise without one of our sons. We started cruising when our oldest was 11 (he is now 24) and our youngest was 6 (he is now 18). Our trip in April will be our first cruise with out one of our kids and have a bit of mixed emotions on that one. Our kids have enjoyed our family vacations and seen so many places and done so many things.

Relax and have fun, but be very careful- our first cruise as a family got us hooked!!

OP, your post "Made My Day," and with your attitude you will have an awesome time.

As someone said the perks aren't that great until you get to the top and since we still have not hit the lottery, we will not get to the top.

As for work, on more than one occasion I had to miss work due to required surgery/recovery. Guess what, work went on without me, but it was great to be welcomed back. In this day and age you must enjoy every day so Happy Sails to you and your family.

Both my husband and I are Pre-Gold, too! Excited to see what RCL has to offer those of us at this special status.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Forums mobile app

Welcome to the Pre-Gold status. They really should have a separate line at the cruise port. Really pull out all the stops to encourage you to become regulars on RCI. Complementary champagne while you wait, someone to tote your carry-ons, someone to entertain the kids. Things like that.

The best part of pre-gold is the fun you have climbing the ladder. RCI really does have on of the better loyalty programs. Have a great cruise.

Love it after a crazy day at middle school! [emoji12]

Well my sister and I are just one step ahead of you as we are gold as of our first cruise in 2016. In June we will see what "gold" status is really like on our second cruise. [emoji2][emoji2]

if you show your pre-gold pass in the main dining room they'll give you a free glass of ice water.

So I’ve heard! I’ll definitely make certain everyone knows our status and that we get everything that’s coming to us!!

We’re red on Carnival and whenever we got near a blue on our 2nd cruise we were really good about flashing our cards in their face. The Carnival crew was very impressed with our blue AND red status. We could tell. We got lots of ice water! I love loyalty perks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by KmomChicago

Thank you for all the great responses!! Mutual admiration society. [emoji7] I feel I should add that we’re not just pre-gold. We’re pre-gold in an Inside Guarantee stateroom!!

Looking forward to our exclusive dining room and the special inside cabin butlers who are far superior to suites butlers.

That’s right. They don’t tell the suites people about our butlers but they come with our giant non suite inside staterooms. If you’re pre-gold, that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My Father and I were pre-Gold in April 2012 and now we're Emerald with 57 points each and after our upcoming Trans Atlantic we will be 8 nights away from Diamond!.

You'll jump through the loyalty levels as long as you sail!