Photo packages!

tortuga1975

I'm so happy they finally added photo packages!

I'm interested in the $99 package (5 photos, one canvas).

The canvas is large (16x20) hope there's a way to ship it home!

If anyone is sailing soon and could post more details. Like, the 5 photos, is that (5) 8x10 photos?

Others not in your stateroom are not included in the package... That's too bad, I wanted one of my father with my kids, but he is in a different stateroom. Also, my oldest son is in a different stateroom. I guess I'm stuck buying individual ones - which will probably mean I don't buy as many.

I just bought 3 of the $250 packages, I am SOOOO happy they implemented this. I wish they had done it ages ago, we spend a ton on pictures.

Pro tip: If you're buying pictures on board, take a manila envelope with you (9x11 or larger) and put a thin piece of cardboard in it. That way you can put all of your pictures in it and they won't get bent up in your luggage.

I just bought 3 of the $250 packages, I am SOOOO happy they implemented this. I wish they had done it ages ago, we spend a ton on pictures.

Pro tip: If you're buying pictures on board, take a manila envelope with you (9x11 or larger) and put a thin piece of cardboard in it. That way you can put all of your pictures in it and they won't get bent up in your luggage.

Great tip--thanks

Others not in your stateroom are not included in the package... That's too bad, I wanted one of my father with my kids, but he is in a different stateroom. Also, my oldest son is in a different stateroom. I guess I'm stuck buying individual ones - which will probably mean I don't buy as many.

I was disappointed in that also. My son will be in a room with his cousins. I would hate to have pictures with just the 3 of us (myself, husband and daughter) and not him. Of course, I could buy extra pictures....

I was disappointed in that also. My son will be in a room with his cousins. I would hate to have pictures with just the 3 of us (myself, husband and daughter) and not him. Of course, I could buy extra pictures....

Not sure how Carnival handles this... but we had my daughter in a room with my mom on a disney cruise and they had no problem letting us get family pictures with her in them. We just explained the situation. Not sure if you have to buy these packages before you board or not. But its worth a try if you can do it on board.

I would like clarification on family members staying in different cabins, too. We're leaving next week and our kids are in a separate cabin from us. I don't think it would make sense for us to buy 2 packages since most of our photos onboard will be family photos.

Ok, these two restrictions make me think the cabin restriction means that if two of the six people in your photo are in another cabin, that is allowed, but a photo of ONLY the two of them is not allowed. Otherwise, how could there ever be a photo of a group of six to nine, which is allowed?

• Photos of others in your group not staying in your stateroom are not included in the package.
  • Large group photos (10 or more), Weddings, renewals, Quinceañera, Special events, Generic ship images or Dreams Studio images are not included

I have not purchased these packages on Carnival, but I have on Royal. When you get your photos taken, they scan your sea pass card, which would be linked to your account. Therefore, I would assume that if you are in the photo and use your card it wouldn't matter if people were in the photo that aren't in your cabin. Think about it, the photographers don't know who is in what cabin. Everything goes by your account/sea pass card.

Curious to know of anyone who is on board and purchased these packages.

I was so excited to see this. We're leaving in the morning to sail on the Sunshine on Saturday. I tried to buy the package and I only get an error. Is my sailing too close?

*****Crisis averted!***** I closed out and did it again. Make sure not to put the booking number 'and' sailing month before clicking through :-P

Edited by bjd2
Edit info

Not sure how Carnival will handle but we did the unlimited photo package on Disney. Me and my Mother in Law were in one cabin (on paper) and my husband, father in law, and 2 daughters were in the other cabin. We purchased the package under my husbands cabin. All pictures were included as long as one person from that cabin was in the picture so I could take pictures with my husband and/or children but me and mother in law could not get solo pictures included. This worked out great for us and we probably got around 300 pictures... It was a great value.

Are these photo packages offered on all ships or just some?

I'm not sure- does it require the Pixels to be onboard? If so, then it's limited to those ships who have the digital process in place. Definitely it should be the case if you pick the digital package, because I don't know how they'd provide you the electronic version unless Pixels was in place.

As to the question about others not in the same cabin, right or wrong, the fine print on the site says 'Photos of others in your group not staying in your stateroom are not included in the package.'

Wait ... a question.

Pixels Plus states ALL YOUR PRINTS but when looking at the package states: Save up to 67% vs purchasing (30) 8x10 prints onboard.

Does that mean I only receive 30 prints?

Same with the Pixels Plus Digital, states ALL but says 60.

Some clarification would be great.

Not sure how Carnival handles this... but we had my daughter in a room with my mom on a disney cruise and they had no problem letting us get family pictures with her in them. We just explained the situation. Not sure if you have to buy these packages before you board or not. But its worth a try if you can do it on board.

Yes, it says you have to buy the package before you embark.

j7tbbd.png

Just my thought but if you purchase the photos I don't see what difference it makes to them who else is in the photo

From what I read if there are minors under 21 in a different cabin they could be included in the pictures so if you have a child staying in a different room but under 21 they should be included. I just purchased the $250 package and board the Vista on Saturday. I’ll report more when I get back.

As to the question about others not in the same cabin, right or wrong, the fine print on the site says 'Photos of others in your group not staying in your stateroom are not included in the package.'

They changed the terms and conditions (already):

At least 1 person in the stateroom must be in each photo in the Pixels photo package or children under 21 staying in a different cabin to receive the images as part of the pixels photo package.