Bottomless Bubbles a good deal?

Laurie7724

Myself, husband and 6yr old grandson will be going on the Magic for a 7 day cruise this summer. We are not big drinkers so the cheers package probably wouldn't make much sense for us. My husband may have a beer twice on the trip if that. How is the bottomless bubbles package? Is it worth it and what does it include? I was hoping it included coffee and bottled water but i see it does not. I don't think it would pay for us to do the Cheers package. Any advice?

If you're not big soda drinkers it may not be worthwhile... as for bottled water, Bottomless Bubbles or not, Carnival has a great deal where you can buy a 12-pack of 16 oz bottles of water and have it delivered to your cabin for $4.50... I think the figure for adults to break even is 4 sodas a day... kids, it's 2 or so.

You'll get many different opinions on this. I have found for us, it works. We don't live local and fly to our port. We don't have a rental car and just don't feel like walking to get a 12-pack of soda to bring on. The last time though, our local friends brought some for us (I brought 1 and our son brought 1). I love to drink Pepsi (which isn't on Carnival) during the day, but I also drink a Sprite at night. I will drink a couple of sodas/day. So for me, I liked the convenience of having it, same for our son. He'll drink a lot of the juices that come with it and he can drink as many as he wants then. And when I'm sitting by the pool, I don't always feel like going back to the room, so when my soda gets warm, I just get a fresh one. Basically you need to drink about 3 soda/day to make it worth it, but we certainly do. We've never done Cheers, I don't drink alcohol and my husband may have a few drinks the whole cruise.

Here's the Bottomless Bubbles info in Carnival's FAQ's, to include prices and what drinks are included (several sodas and a few juices). https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3836

You're allowed to bring a 12-pack of soda (cans) on board per person, if that's something that will work for you. Like someone else said, you can buy bottled water ahead of time in the Fun Shops and it'll be waiting for you in your room. By the sounds of it, I don't think Cheers would be worth it to you if you're only going to use it for a handful of beers and some coffee. But in the end, it's value is up to each individual. Some people know they won't drink that much, but like the convenience.

Here's the Cheers info: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106

For us, it isn't worth it. We carry on 48 sodas with us when we board (you can take 36 since it's 3 of you) and go that route. That way they're actually cold soda from being in our cabin fridge vs hot soda being poured over ice. (I don't like ice in my soda anyway. Plus we drink what WE like, not the limited selection the ship has.

Personally I say go for it....maybe I am lazy or spoiled or whatever but I have enough to get on the ship between my purse, luggage, child etc...I don't want to have to deal with lugging around soda or water or whatnot....I can't imagine my family walking on the ship with 4 cases of soda...not having that extra burden to me is worth the cost of bubbles alone....

Personally, I'd say no. One day for an adult is roughly $9. Few people drink $9 worth of soda everyday on a vacation. On top of that, you are allowed to bring your own 12 pack. I find a cold can of soda to be the most superior version.

And if that doesn't suffice, buy a few glasses of it wherever you may be. It will be far cheaper.

Personally, I'd say no. One day for an adult is roughly $9. Few people drink $9 worth of soda everyday on a vacation.

Not sure how you figure that. Sodas aren't the only thing covered either, juice is too. Drinks are $2-$4 each. So, let's say $3 for easy math. That's only 3 a day. I don't drink soda at all myself, but 3 a day is on the low end of what I'd say would be expected. Let's say each meal, you get a drink & a single refill. That's already 6 drinks. That's not even taking into account any other drinks you get throughout the day.

For us, it isn't worth it. We carry on 48 sodas with us when we board (you can take 36 since it's 3 of you) and go that route. That way they're actually cold soda from being in our cabin fridge vs hot soda being poured over ice. (I don't like ice in my soda anyway. Plus we drink what WE like, not the limited selection the ship has.[/quot

I agree with you. 90 degree soda poured over ice yields a flat, watered down drink. No thanks.

It is certainly better than the ridiculous Cheers package. Our experience was that, in order to get a soda from the package you have to:

1. Go to a bar
  2. Get bartender attention ( he is probably busy mixing drinks for people who will tip him)
  3. Show your card and receive a small glass of soda
  4. Repeat

If you pay as you go:

1. Go to a bar
  2. Get bartender attention ( this becomes easier once he knows you are not one of those package customers who has already tipped)
  3. Show your card to be swiped
  4. Receive a can of soda (equal to two glasses of the fountain variety )

Which sounds better to you?

It is certainly better than the ridiculous Cheers package. Our experience was that, in order to get a soda from the package you have to:

1. Go to a bar
  2. Get bartender attention ( he is probably busy mixing drinks for people who will tip him)
  3. Show your card and receive a small glass of soda
  4. Repeat

If you pay as you go:

1. Go to a bar
  2. Get bartender attention ( this becomes easier once he knows you are not one of those package customers who has already tipped)
  3. Show your card to be swiped
  4. Receive a can of soda (equal to two glasses of the fountain variety )

Which sounds better to you?

This is what we ran into. I actually had to accompany my grandson to the bar to get the bartenders attention each time for half a can of coke. We'll take our own next cruise.

If they ever install the "Freestyle" soda dispensers, I'd buy it.

For us, no. We are fine with the juices in the morning, and the tea and lemonade the rest of the day (mix them half and half). You can also get juice or milk 24/7 from room service. My sons would rather enjoy a virgin strawberry daquari before dinner.

Compare it to the slightly more expensive non-alcoholic beverage program with Princess that not only includes soda and juice but all these frozen beverages, which is a great deal.

On a related note where does one get the juices? If I understand correctly, OJ is free at breakfast but the rest of the day it's not out on the Lido? SO if BB includes OJ and Pineapple (And grapefruit and cranberry but bleah) where would you get those juices? If at a bar will they fill up my Bubba Mug or only their tiny glasses?

I'm still pondering if BB is worth it to us. We generally drink water and the Lido water is fine plus we already bought 2 12-packs of the water for our room next month. BUT, I'm thinking of juices for mixers and maybe I wouldn't mind having some Cokes since I am on vacation and all lol.

This is what we ran into. I actually had to accompany my grandson to the bar to get the bartenders attention each time for half a can of coke. We'll take our own next cruise.

If they ever install the "Freestyle" soda dispensers, I'd buy it.

However, you will not encounter this problem with the package IF you are known to the bartender as a good tipper...we have the Cheers package but we tip well and bartenders always know us by name and will serve us before others who were infront of us...

I think it's a good deal. I'm buying it so my daughter can act grown up and order drinks. She will think that's awesome. Plus she loves pop and I don't let her drink it that much at home so it will be a good treat for her. I think it cost $25 for her, that's nothing compared to everything else I spent on this cruise.