Cheers: can I purchase after a few drinks

You can buy it pre-cruise (for a discount), or on Days 1 and 2 only (at regular price). However, any drinks you purchased before getting Cheers will stay on your account. Your best deal is to purchase it prior to your cruise.

Definitely not. If you think you will drink an average of 5ish drinks a day, you will break even. Cheers is the best value on the ship in our opinion and we won't cruise without it.

Agreed, after spending over $700 on drinks on our last 7 day cruise, and that was with trying to be somewhat conservative, we decided Cheers! was the way to go on our upcoming cruise.

If you wait a day and buy Cheers you are charged the prorated cost for the package

Wait a sec... you are saying it is possible to wait until later in the cruise to buy, and you pay for only the days you use?

So on my seven day cruise I can buy cheers on day 5 and pay only 3 days (or nights as it were) ??

Please confirm.

Wait a sec... you are saying it is possible to wait until later in the cruise to buy, and you pay for only the days you use?

So on my seven day cruise I can buy cheers on day 5 and pay only 3 days (or nights as it were) ??

Please confirm.

• Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise - this program is not offered on a per day basis.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers%21-beverage-program

Please confirm.

No. You have to buy it the next day or you can’t get it at all.

Yes, and no. It's prorated but you pay for any drinks you had prior to that.

Ok, so on a 3 day cruise you could possibly buy no drinks on day 1 and get cheers on days 2 and 3. Makes sense, because I could not see drinking 15 drinks more than 2 days in a row.

Ok, so on a 3 day cruise you could possibly buy no drinks on day 1 and get cheers on days 2 and 3. Makes sense, because I could not see drinking 15 drinks more than 2 days in a row.

I don't know if that's available for a 3 day cruise as I've never been on one. However, it is on 5 days or longer for sure.

Please confirm.

That isn't what I saw/read. It seems like you only have 2 days to buy ... day 1 or day 2.

When did this change? I thought that you could buy at the end of the first night or the second day and they just zeroed out your first 15 drinks. The only charge for drinks 1-15 would then be applicable tax charged in port. I’m 95% sure it has worked like that for us before.

The big exception based on my understanding would be NYC or Galveston where yo have to buy second day.

When did this change? I thought that you could buy at the end of the first night or the second day and they just zeroed out your first 15 drinks. The only charge for drinks 1-15 would then be applicable tax charged in port. I’m 95% sure it has worked like that for us before.

The big exception based on my understanding would be NYC or Galveston where yo have to buy second day.

Wasn’t like that in the recent future. Maybe back when they first started Cheers but I know for sure not last March when I was on Vista going forward.

You don’t have to have 15 drinks to make the package worthwhile. The breakeven point is more like 5 drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You don’t have to have 15 drinks to make the package worthwhile. The breakeven point is more like 5 drinks.

Yes and no. 5 beers -- not really worth it. 5 bourbons (or other liquor) -- probably so. After that, you're making money. And don't forget: you can get all the bottled water, sodas, milkshakes, and coffee you can consume. Those things add up, too!

Yes and no. 5 beers -- not really worth it. 5 bourbons (or other liquor) -- probably so. After that, you're making money. And don't forget: you can get all the bottled water, sodas, milkshakes, and coffee you can consume. Those things add up, too!

If all I drank was beer, 8 would be the break even point for me. Taking into account I’m going to buy the program with a 10% off giftcard and drink at least 1 specialty coffee and 4 waters a day...brings it down to 6.

Sure. But the point being that purchasing cheers doesn’t inherently create a challenge to drink 15 drinks a day every day. I would like to remember my vacation as well as enjoy a few adult beverages.

I had a different experience. On the Paradise the week before Christmas, my wife and I both had a few drinks the first day THEN purchased Cheers, all the drinks we had prior to purchasing Cheers WERE credited back to our account. Obviously it reduced the number of drinks we had left for the 1st day, but to be expected. So seems like I'm in the minority cause nobody else had luck with it (not sure if they actually tried it or just are stating what they believe to be true)... but I tried it within the past 3 months and it worked fine.

Definitely not. If you think you will drink an average of 5ish drinks a day, you will break even. Cheers is the best value on the ship in our opinion and we won't cruise without it.

Agreed, after spending over $700 on drinks on our last 7 day cruise, and that was with trying to be somewhat conservative, we decided Cheers! was the way to go on our upcoming cruise.

I agree also, but my DW is always back and forth on getting the package. Now Schazzy you spent $700 I will infer that most if not all was alcoholic drinks. This is the reason I like Cheers, because you get any drink you want ie; bottled waters, specialty coffees, ect.....

Wasn’t like that in the recent future. Maybe back when they first started Cheers but I know for sure not last March when I was on Vista going forward.

Thanks for the info, was thinking about getting it in May since I don't plan to get DOU card. Will make decision before I get on the boat instead of going by the plan of seeing what I spend first day! Last time we purchased it was out of NYC and couldn't get it on the first day anyways so I guess we didn't notice the change

Cheers really shines in the short cruises 3-4 days and when you get premium drinks. Alchemy, steakhouse, top-shelf, it's a great deal.

For my upcoming 7-day, I can't do it, especially since both people in the room won't get their monies' worth. As someone who loves to drink, I can't do that much.

Was that $700 each or combined? If it was combined then you still came out ahead paying as you went this cruise. Definitely at the tipping point though - especially if you were opting to abstain some when you wouldn't with Cheers.