Mobile Pass

Has anyone used the Mobile Pass app lately? I tried last time I was on RCI when it was pretty new it wouldn’t load.

I had everything stored including passport numbers and followed instructions to put in terminal number when we docked back in Pt Everglades. It wouldn’t let me do it and I flat forgot to try on Princess last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So we just got off freedom Last Saturday 3-17. The first thing we noticed that was strange is Rccl did not give out the Custom declaration forms on the ship as they usually do towards the end of the cruise. We went to guest relations and asked about it. They Said they were not needed anymore and they did not have them. Hum, ok we shall see.

So in the morning we went to disembark,I started up the Mobile pass filled it out for Port Everglades. And tried to submit but it would not go through. Tried several times. It would not work. I said oh great we are gonna be stuck filling it out inside. So we did the self disembark. Carried all our stuff off. Got in line for customs. Went to customs officer,showed our passports. He looked at them then at us and said welcome home and on we went. No paper work,no questions on anything to declare. No questions at all. So has something changed? No complaints that was the fastest we have ever been through customs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Something I discovered when trying to connect to Mobile Pass in the terminal was to disconnect my WiFi and just use my network. My phone seems to have issues in airports also. When I turn off WiFi, then I have no problems connecting.

I realize I will use more of my own data that way.

So we just got off freedom Last Saturday 3-17. The first thing we noticed that was strange is Rccl did not give out the Custom declaration forms on the ship as they usually do towards the end of the cruise. We went to guest relations and asked about it. They Said they were not needed anymore and they did not have them. Hum, ok we shall see.

So in the morning we went to disembark,I started up the Mobile pass filled it out for Port Everglades. And tried to submit but it would not go through. Tried several times. It would not work. I said oh great we are gonna be stuck filling it out inside. So we did the self disembark. Carried all our stuff off. Got in line for customs. Went to customs officer,showed our passports. He looked at them then at us and said welcome home and on we went. No paper work,no questions on anything to declare. No questions at all. So has something changed? No complaints that was the fastest we have ever been through customs.

Customs forms are no longer needed, the last one I filled out was in 2016 I think. It is much faster through customs without people trying to dig out or fill out forms while in line.

Customs forms are no longer needed, the last one I filled out was in 2016 I think. It is much faster through customs without people trying to dig out or fill out forms while in line.

Thanks 2016 was the last time we cruised so this was new to us.

Someone who is cruising in May asked me about Mobile Pass. Where do you find information on this? Does it work with all brands of smart phones?

Here's the link:

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/mobile-passport-control

It's easy to do. You just scan your passport and make sure it is correct. The first time I scanned my passport, I was a little shaky and it added some extra characters.

Just check your scan...you will like it.

Something I discovered when trying to connect to Mobile Pass in the terminal was to disconnect my WiFi and just use my network. My phone seems to have issues in airports also. When I turn off WiFi, then I have no problems connecting.

I realize I will use more of my own data that way.

I’ll try that this time. What’s the fun in having a new toy if you can’t play with it! B

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's because it connects to some WiFi which does not have a proper internet connection (like the ship or "free" airport one - both of which may need a login before it works). So when you disable WiFi, you get a proper internet connection via cell data.

We were on the same cruise, doing walk off, going to use the mobile passport , when we got to the terminal we were told that the mobile passport line would not be open till after 7am

When we got off the Freedom on March 17th. the app now has terminal numbers to put in

Must be a very new addition to the app - don't understand why they would need that. Folks on the ship may not even know the terminal number.

You might find people still passing them out. We flew back from Hong Kong in November and they gave them to us on the plane. But we never filled them out as we had nothing to declare and it wasn't a problem when we cleared at SFO.

It's all about the federal paper reduction act.

Here's the link:

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/mobile-passport-control

It's easy to do. You just scan your passport and make sure it is correct. The first time I scanned my passport' date=' I was a little shaky and it added some extra characters.

Just check your scan...you will like it.[/quote']

Thank You for your prompt response. I will forward the link.

Must be a very new addition to the app - don't understand why they would need that. Folks on the ship may not even know the terminal number.

The departure video on your stateroom. TV gives you a terminal number to plug in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only in some ports.

Obviously, ports that allow electronic forms (which is what this theeas is all about) will require paper forms if you don’t fill it out electronically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just off Serenade in Port Everglades two weeks ago. Downloaded the mobile app while on board. I didn't scan my passport but just entered the passport numbers. When we docked, I used my data to enter the information for that cruise. I believe the information about departure times and lounges included the terminal number.

After we retrieved our luggage, we asked one of the terminal employees where the line was for the mobile app, and she checked the app and directed us. There were only two or three people in the app line and we were out the door in minutes.

Just off Serenade in Port Everglades two weeks ago. Downloaded the mobile app while on board. I didn't scan my passport but just entered the passport numbers. When we docked, I used my data to enter the information for that cruise. I believe the information about departure times and lounges included the terminal number.

After we retrieved our luggage, we asked one of the terminal employees where the line was for the mobile app, and she checked the app and directed us. There were only two or three people in the app line and we were out the door in minutes.

Not familiar with the benefits of using the app. Since forms are no longer needed, what is the difference between the app line and the regular line?

So I've Downloaded the app and scanned the family passports. Honestly not sure how to use it though! If I'm reading your post correctly I just add my ship's arrival info then show it at customs from a mobile app line? We're sailing from Fort Lauderdale Saturday. Is that port Everglades? Just returned from a short spring break cruise with my oldest in Miami and learned it was not in use there. Thanks from the newbie!!

Not familiar with the benefits of using the app. Since forms are no longer needed, what is the difference between the app line and the regular line?

I've downloaded it and added passports but kinda wondering the same thing!! Thank you for asking!