Disney for a 20 something

I have thought about doing a Disney Cruise mostly because their ships are stunning.

However, is there enough nightlife/single adults traveling the line to make it fun for the 20 something 30 something set, if a group of single friends went?

Ow would we be alone in a sea of children and parents?

If you go with a group of friends and don't plan to party all night, you'll be fine. The nightclub areas are strictly adult only after 9pm, but they shut down about midnight....which just happens to be when the kid programming ends. Other adult only areas are less strictly enforced.

The first time I went to Serenity Bay I was surprised that there was no one "my age." Everyone there was a 20 something or a grandparent....till I realized that the people in between those groups were on the family beach.

If you asked about going alone as a 20 something, I'd be hesitant. If my daughter goes with me, I always give her the opportunity to invite a friend. It is just more enjoyable for her. It isn't that there aren't ANY single 20s on board, but there aren't always very many.

Tough question to answer. How big of a Disney fan are you? Personally I think I would have felt out of place sailing on DCL with a group of 20-30 year old single friends. However, I wasn't a huge Disney fan at that point in my life. It's going to be largely families with school age kids, and grandparents onboard, but plenty of adults sail DCL without kids as well. You could certainly have a great time as long as you are ok with an onboard experience that largely caters to kids/families.

• 2 weeks later...

6 years ago we went on a 5 day Disney Cruise with our family, the occasion was my granddaughters 6th birthday and my sons 30th bday. The family has always been Disney fanatics with my daughters family doing a week at Disney World or a cruise every year. I was worried though about my son coming from NY where he now works for a week on the Disney Dream. Well he had the time of his life, hanging out to 2-3:00 AM each night with the crew in the adult venues and then sleeping until noon the next day. He said it was absolutely great and though he is now married, he would be happy if I invited then on our next cruise. :D

Charlie