Thinking about Chops lunch...

Sorry I should have been clearer. The $17 is for lunch. I'm wondering if they ever discount dinner onboard to say $25. If so, I'd rather spend a little extra and get dinner instead of lunch. However, if the menu is the same for lunch or dinner, then I'll stick with lunch.

Sorry I should have been clearer. The $17 is for lunch. I'm wondering if they ever discount dinner onboard to say $25. If so, I'd rather spend a little extra and get dinner instead of lunch. However, if the menu is the same for lunch or dinner, then I'll stick with lunch.

Other than some dishes like lamb chops, etc. it's a very good value. On our upcoming Easter Allure cruise it's has been $49 per for a long time in cruise planner and doubt that you'll get any deep discount. Also, the $49 does not include the 18% grats which is not applicable if you pre-book on-line (per my experience on the Jan. Anthem cruise.)

This is the price for lunch at Chops on my upcoming Anthem cruise too. In your cruise planner, if you click on it as if you're going to purchase, you can view the lunch menu. It is much smaller than the dinner menu. I'm thinking about doing it to avoid the Windjammer on embarkation day. :)

This is the price for lunch at Chops on my upcoming Anthem cruise too. In your cruise planner, if you click on it as if you're going to purchase, you can view the lunch menu. It is much smaller than the dinner menu. I'm thinking about doing it to avoid the Windjammer on embarkation day. :)

I didn't know Chops was open on embarkation day for lunch. Does anyone know if you have to have reservations. We did Chops lunch on our last Anthem cruise, and, although a smaller menu, it was very good.

I didn't know Chops was open on embarkation day for lunch. Does anyone know if you have to have reservations. We did Chops lunch on our last Anthem cruise, and, although a smaller menu, it was very good.

You are not required to have reservations.

I didn't know Chops was open on embarkation day for lunch. Does anyone know if you have to have reservations. We did Chops lunch on our last Anthem cruisI e, and, although a smaller menu, it was very good.

I thought I had read on these boards that Chops is open for lunch on embarkation day on the Anthem. Can anyone confirm this?

The Chops lunch menu is a smaller selection, but it still has a fillet. And a burger I think.

Much nicer to eat in Chops than in the mayhem of the WJ on the first day, and a cheaper way to try it than pay the (sometimes) outrageous price they want for dinner imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We booked it for our Grandeur cruise next month. I hate, hate, hate having to cram into the WJ just for lunch and Park Cafe isn't what we want. I also got it for the $17.60/person on sale a couple of weeks ago. Having been on Grandeur multiple times, we will just have a leisurely lunch before we go to unpack (hopefully our luggage will be there by the time we're done eating). No need to explore a ship we know inside out. The menu is available to view when you click on it under dining. It is smaller than the dinner menu, but there's still several choices.

I just booked the embarkation Chops lunch on the Anthem for the same reason, to avoid crazy embarkation crowds at the buffet. The menu is smaller, but there is a filet, which is what I would have ordered anyway. It seems like a great way to start a cruise!

I booked the lunch at the $17 price. Today I went into my reservation to try to change the time to one hour later, and it's not letting me without changing the price. Can I just change the time when I'm onboard without having to pay extra?

Yes, if space is available.

Sorry to thread-jack, but is embarkation day included as one of the "sea days" for lunch on the Ultimate Dining Package? I understand it is not technically a "sea day," but I was not sure about that first day. Royal sometimes has confusing rules for the package deals.

Sorry to thread-jack, but is embarkation day included as one of the "sea days" for lunch on the Ultimate Dining Package? I understand it is not technically a "sea day," but I was not sure about that first day. Royal sometimes has confusing rules for the package deals.

The availability of embarkation day lunch at a specialty restaurant varies ship to ship. If a ship offers lunch at a specialty restaurant on embarkation day, it would be included in the Ultimate package.

The availability of embarkation day lunch at a specialty restaurant varies ship to ship. If a ship offers lunch at a specialty restaurant on embarkation day, it would be included in the Ultimate package.

Thanks, Bob!