Dubai Embarkation/Disembarkation

ShipsInBergen

Hi All,

I've just booked a 7-night Dubai roundtrip for Feb 2019 on Costa Mediterranea (can't wait!). It's one of their turnarounds where the ship stays alongside for the first night, and departs at 14:00 on Day 2 of the cruise.

From researching online there is a lot of conflicting information re: embarkation/disembarkation times & procedures. There's a good thread on here, but that info is now over 3 years old. Is anyone able to confirm the following from recent experience?

- What time is the ship open for checkin/embarkation?

- What time are the cabins made available?

- Are there special dining times/arrangements for the first evening in port?

- Is there a bag-drop available at the port ahead of embarkation?

- What time will they kick me off the ship on disembarkation day?

If it's relevant, I've booked my own flights (economy seats with Norwegian; wish me luck ;p), and will have plenty of time to kill on the days at either end of the cruise.

Trying to get information from anyone at their customer service centre is like trying to get blood from a stone, so I thought I'd turn the question over to my fellow CC'ers and cross my fingers that someone can help out :D

I did a 7-day local plus repositioning this March. I wasn't impressed with the local trip but I enjoyed the repositioning enough to have booked it again next year.

I arrived several days early. (8-hour time change). I booked for overnight on ship, check-in opened 2000. Bag drop was open when I got there. I recall some sort of meal service. There are a lot of night flights and many people book for boarding day-of-departure, which is why you see two different dates for the cruise. I'm not sure of overnight hours for check-in. I recall some sort of passport control after check-in.

Port Rashid (Mina Rashid), no pedestrian traffic, you have to take a taxi, was about 30 UED from local hotel. Entrance is at the opposite corner from the ship, don't expect port security to speak English, have your cruise ticket ready to point out where you're going.

Debarkation in Dubai, the group I was travelling with had their own transfer, they were off by 0900 but I think there was some provision for later.