Fabulous Viking Christmas in Germany Cruise Dec 8-14

steverhodes

First I would to thank the people on this forum who helped us choose the right clothing for our cruise. Although temps got into the low thirties a lot and we got rain and — yea! — some snow, we were never cold because you helped us be prepared.

Now onto a few brief reflections. This trip from the time we got to Cologne on Dec 8 until we left on Dec 14 in Nuremberg far exceeded our expectations. It was bracketed by two great markets, but Cologne was the one we liked best. We saw snow covered castles as we cruised. And generally we had a fabulous time. Two other couples joined us, and we all agreed it was one of our best trips ever.

Hopefully you can see by the pictures I took that the trip had one magical moment after another. I will never forget this amazing cruise.

If you’d like to see all of my pictures of this trip and of 8 other Viking cruises we have taken, you go to picture website:

http://www.RhodesVacations.com

60107219cf530d6f80a59e353c2f1d7d.jpg

b364e446963ad181c02b544031b2e7bf.jpg

f5eea7cc7a3556cb90066d62bd77b3e5.jpg

ad53ca1665147b802143f41fcd2e7c40.jpg

79302c39a4d2e6fd7e29008e72582da0.jpg

67a5f93870c8fd89fc3537cab1a26f13.jpg

Thank you steverhodes for the lovely pictures. Good to hear you had a magical time. Beginning of December often sees a few days of snow on the Rhine. This time it was actually cold enough to stay long enough for photographers to take some great pictures. And you caught those days, really lucky. :)

Which town is the photo with timbered houses, cobblestones and lights?

notamermaid

Thank you steverhodes for the lovely pictures. Good to hear you had a magical time. Beginning of December often sees a few days of snow on the Rhine. This time it was actually cold enough to stay long enough for photographers to take some great pictures. And you caught those days, really lucky. :)

Which town is the photo with timbered houses, cobblestones and lights?

notamermaid

Miltenberg which was wonderful and guide was hilarious.

Steve, your pictures are fabulous. Thank you for sharing them. To what cities did you go and what tours/free exploration did you do in each? I would love to see some of your same sights one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cologne

Koblenz

Miltenberg

Rothenburg od der Tauber [optional]

Wurzburg

Bamberg

Nuremberg

Only other optional I did was top of Cologne Cathedral.

• 6 months later...

Hi Steve - This is Sheila, one of our group of eight who so enjoyed cruising with you and your fellow Texans on the Viking Egil this July!

The Christmas Market cruise looks fabulous. I was just wondering if you could tell me which Viking cruise this is as I can't seem to find it specifically on their website.

Thanks!

Sheila

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Steve - This is Sheila, one of our group of eight who so enjoyed cruising with you and your fellow Texans on the Viking Egil this July!

The Christmas Market cruise looks fabulous. I was just wondering if you could tell me which Viking cruise this is as I can't seem to find it specifically on their website.

Thanks!

Sheila

My pictures of our cruise including a bunch of your group are now online at

http://www.RhodesVacations.com

Thanks!

Sheila

I answered this question as soon as you posted but looks like I forgot to push the submit button so I’ll answer it again.

The cruise last year was called Christmas in Germany. They run this itinerary only sporadically. It went from Cologne to Nuremberg. But it isn’t on the schedule for 2018, 19 or 20

We are going on the Danube Waltz this Dec 5 from Passau to Budapest with a pre extension in Prague.

Good Morning Steve!

Your pictures are fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing. What a wonderful time we all had!

And thanks for the info on the Christmas Market cruise. I'll be on the lookout for it in the future.

Best regards,

Sheila