On a Long, long airplane trip

debut

to Singapore. Anyone have suggestions for something good and easy to take to eat while on board? Would love to take something a little filling, not much on Delta's food. DH said he was taking a couple of peanut butter sandwiches. Any one with any tips?

Here are my go to items. I am traveling to China soon, and my carry-on is already packed with these!

- Plant-based protein bars, such as Vega, Isagenix, Amazing Grass, etc. (can be used as a meal replacement)

- Almonds and walnuts - a small handful is very filling

- Bark Thins snacking chocolate

- Protein shake mix packets (Vega or Isagenix - I bring my small shaker cup and mix the packets with water - also a meal replacement or a filling snack)

I used to pack GoGo squeeze apple sauce packets, but I lost my taste for them.

to Singapore. Anyone have suggestions for something good and easy to take to eat while on board? Would love to take something a little filling, not much on Delta's food. DH said he was taking a couple of peanut butter sandwiches. Any one with any tips?

Will you have to change planes? When we changed in Japan we were told not to bring any food off with us. I and several other people left all sorts of package nuts and bars on the plane. Last time we flew through Singapore we took Singapore airline nonstop SFO to Singapore, so much easier, and they actually have decent food and are very generous with snacks and drinks.

• 4 weeks later...

We are heading to Singapore also but on SNG airlines which have a snack menu for whenever.

Take packaging snacks due to custom laws just to be on the safe side. We will have cereal bars incase my husband gets low (T1 diabetic).

You don't want to wind up like this lady who was in the news this week:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/23/us/apple-delta-fine-customs-flight-500-trnd/index.html