3 adults in a cabin on Journey?

SLScouple

My business partner and I will be taking a cruise on Journey with our company (home office paying for our trip). We are thinking about bringing one of our employees. We've done this before on Royal Carribean and the additional cost was minimal. We're fine with all sharing a room.

I'm wondering, what is the sleeping arrangement for a oceanview or veranda that sleeps 3 and what is the approximate additional cost for another adult in the same room?

Thanks for any advice!

You might find 3 a tight fit in an Azamara Ocean View or Verandah cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agreed, not particularly doable for three adults no matter how well they get on. Club continent might be a better option if it’s doable cost wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The 3rd 'bed' is a convertible armchair. Not hugely comfortable but I have done it for 15 nights and survived fine! Extra cost for the 3rd person seems to be $1500 for a 7 night cruise - just booked 2 and that's what the extra person was listed at. Of course we are family travelling together....if you didn't know each other really well I don't know if it would work, it's a tight squeeze. But we don't tend to spend time in our cabin other than sleeping.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Forums mobile app

The stewards can bring a foam topping to the sofa bed if you need it.

We were 3 in a CC suite and it was fine but we were family. We were on a 16 day cruise and there was not quite enough room for all our clothes but we just utilized one of the suitcases that was hidden under a bed. My sister and I each took a half of the cruise for sleeping on the sofa bed.

For a veranda room, I guess it depends on your style of travel and tolerance for being cramped. For example, if you normally like to go camping and sleeping in a tent, then you would be ok with 3 in a veranda. If you are like me and have princess issues, I might bravely say I am ok with the third being a child but it would have to be my kid that I adore and can do no wrong.

There are several nice quiet public areas that you can utilize for getting some alone time in addition to treating the veranda as an extra room. If one of us said she was "going upstairs to read" that meant that the introvert needed some time alone and we all respected that.

TLDR - it depends on your travel style and how good you are communicating.