Shower curtains on Pursuit?

Solas36

According to Oceania's descriptions, they are totally redoing the bathrooms - sounds like they will have all new fixtures, marble, and glass shower enclosures.

We are just off the Journey and it seemed that Azamara's reimagined standard staterooms did not change the bathrooms nor the desk and cabinetry in the stateroom (still that brown wood/white laminate) - ours looked a bit worse for wear.

I’m hesitant to join in the umpteenth ‘showergate’ thread, particularly as we’ve never had any issues with the shower curtain on any R Ship, however the Oceania Reimagination Brochure arrived in the post today, and I can’t find any evidence that they’re putting shower doors into Veranda Cabins. Sure they are reimagining the bathroom interior, but the shower descriptions seem to point toward the suites only. I may of course be wrong if someone knows better, but one fact appears from the photos of the Veranda cabin is that the bathroom footprint remains the same.

I’m hesitant to join in the umpteenth ‘showergate’ thread, particularly as we’ve never had any issues with the shower curtain on any R Ship, however the Oceania Reimagination Brochure arrived in the post today, and I can’t find any evidence that they’re putting shower doors into Veranda Cabins. Sure they are reimagining the bathroom interior, but the shower descriptions seem to point toward the suites only. I may of course be wrong if someone knows better, but one fact appears from the photos of the Veranda cabin is that the bathroom footprint remains the same.

My conclusion also.

I scratch my head when someone suggests Azamara refit the ships to enlarge the cabins. Where would that additional space come from? The corridors? Reducing the number of cabins with corresponding increase in prices? Any idea of the cost of doing that? The plumbing and wall changes required? Wonder why Oceania hasn't done it, either?

You'd convert three verandas into the equivalent of two CC suites, of necessity then at CC prices. So, if someone must have a bigger bathroom, just book a CC suite as the ships are now. Easy. Anyone expecting the same prices with one-third fewer veranda cabins is dreaming.

I can't imagine letting bathroom size determine my cruise ship decision.

R ships have extremely tiny bathrooms....It seems sad that Azamara hasn't found a way to refit the ships to create larger cabins. It would be nice if Azamara built new ships.

If you've ever watched TV programs about building cruise ships, it's clear why the cabins can't be enlarged. They are built as individual modules, sort of plug-and-play, and inserted into the hull. They are virtually complete when inserted, with plugging in plumbing and electrical as the only things left to be done. No way to move walls like you could do in a house.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's because the shower curtain never made love to you in the most personal places :):D

Don't ever bend over to pick up the soap!

Three or four "chip clips" (like the ones used to close potato chip bags) clipped on the bottom of the shower curtain keep it in its proper, and less intimate, place.

I happened to be cruising at the same time as Azamara's COO who said they had a design team working on a better shower solution for Pursuit and they couldn't find a workable solution. I'll ask my colleague who's on Pursuit to see if this happened, but the COO said the plan was to weight the shower curtains so they wouldn't swing and cling so much.

Glad that they are indeed considering a solution.

Glad that they are indeed considering a solution.

That was a suggestion I emailed to them a short time ago, also just make the curtains a bit shorter. When we were on the Quest there was about 3 inches dragging on the shower floor. We didn’t mind the size of the bathroom and thoroughly enjoyed our cruise. Looking forward to our next one on the Pursuit end of April [emoji568] !

Just back from a cruise otherwise I would have responded earlier.

My information was taken from an article in Travel Weekly dated 13 August.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Oceania-R-class-ships-getting-major-renovations

"Oceania Cruises will renovate its four R-class ships to the tune of $100 million over the next two years.The Insignia drydock in December will be followed by one for the Sirena in May 2019, the Regatta in September 2019 and the Nautica in June 2020

Beyond refreshing the 20-year-old ships, Oceania will have the 342 cabins on each of the ships "stripped down to their studs" in drydocks that will start with the Insignia this December.

Oceania said every fixture and surface of the bathrooms will be new with "designer features, perfect lighting, lavish vanities, and chic glass shower enclosures.".

This does seem to me to indicate that all 342 cabins will receive glass shower enclosures - but perhaps I've misinterpreted Oceania's intentions. Incidentally, nice to have the cabins described as such, rather than Staterooms, Suites etc. :)

i am short but way too wide. i do stand sideways in the shower since it fits better. my better half is average height and lower than average weight and neither of us has experienced the clinging the shower curtain. we did not use any weights or clips, just kept the door shut. and yes, it is a small shower, but if i want a large shower i just enjoy the one at home.

much ado about nothing.

i am short but way too wide. i do stand sideways in the shower since it fits better. my better half is average height and lower than average weight and neither of us has experienced the clinging the shower curtain. we did not use any weights or clips, just kept the door shut. and yes, it is a small shower, but if i want a large shower i just enjoy the one at home.

much ado about nothing.

Totally agree, this topic has been done to Death.

Azamara are NOT going to make major changes to the showers anytime soon, if it was practicable it would have happened long ago.

This is not just my opinion but that of the Chief Engineer on Journey.