Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

[Host Jazzbeau:  Since I can't add a post above this first one, I am editing it to add the link to the Tips for Azamara Newbies spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit#gid=0

Thanks to @Grandma Cruising for keeping the spreadsheet up to date!]

It was suggested that it might be a good idea to have a ‘sticky’ thread which had tips for cruisers new to Azamara, so here goes.

White Night - Azamara Cruises normally include a ‘White Night’. This is an on-deck party, with a buffet served from the Patio area. Most people wear white clothing (though this is not required).

Speciality Restaurants- good idea to make your bookings as soon as you board. There is sometimes a bookings table in the terminal building and always one inside the entrance to Windows buffet.

Dining Packages - the speciality restaurants are $30pp, but you can buy dining packages at a ‘bargain’ price - for example 3 meals for $70pp.

Cocktails - the list of included cocktails is only intended as an example of the available cocktails, you can ask for any cocktail to be made with the included spirits.

Breakfast drinks - you can ask for a Bloody Mary and/or a Mimosa (Buck’s Fizz) for breakfast and you can have a smoothie made to your own tastes. If you like ginger ask for an ‘Energiser’ at breakfast - it’s a small smoothie which has ginger in it and is (unsurprisingly) very energising!

Stateroom fridge - the sodas in the fridge are included, the alcoholic drinks are not. You can ask your stateroom attendant to get you the sodas you like to keep in your fridge.

Bringing alcohol on board - you can bring alcohol on board to drink in your stateroom. If you want to drink it in a public room there is a $10 corkage charge.

Please add your own tips, so we can get a really good information thread for all those going on their first Azamara cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

The Living Room serves a variety of tapas pre-dinner and is a great place for a before-dinner cocktail.

The Patio serves a casual-dress, table-service dinner on deck 9. Menu includes lamb tournedos, beef paillard, chicken cordon bleu, and more. You can also take items from the Windows buffet to your table.

Suite passengers have no-charge access to the spa deck with thalassotherapy pool and lounge chairs at the front of the spa on deck 9. A limited number of spa deck passes are available for a fee for non-suite passengers.

[Fitting everyone's tips on one page will be a challenge, and most first-timers are not on Cruise Critic.]

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[Fitting everyone's tips on one page will be a challenge, and most first-timers are not on Cruise Critic.]

You’re right so I won’t. Stickies have to be normal threads I found out, so it’ll work like the Azamara Cabins ‘sticky’ thread.

There have been a lot of first-timers on CC recently.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

Can you provide info on pricing of T-Pool for non-suite guests and where and when to book?

Also, self serve laundry and if they do laundry specials (by the bag) during a longer itinerary

Thanks

I don’t know the pricing for the T-pool (but there are 2 jacuzzi pools on the pool deck too) but I’m sure someone else will.

On longer cruises there is often a laundry sale - on our last cruise it was $40 for a bag, and it comes back nicely folded, and pressed where appropriate (shirts etc). You can get a lot in a bag - there’s an art to stuffing it in!

As already said, the self-service laundry is free, including detergent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

During rough weather guest relations provides free 2 pac of sea sick pills, red apples and green apples (depending on what you believe), sugar coated ginger (also at entry to dining room).

Rolling items before putting them into the laundry bag side by side gets you 6 to 7 more items per bag.

Edited by MissyMom
Typing error
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Complimentary bottled water is always available to take off the ship when in port; there are tubs located near the exit.

There are umbrellas in your stateroom to take onshore, as well as some where you exit the ship.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much for these helpful tips. We are considering a 26 days cruise on Azamara. We have been on many cruises but never on Azamara. What is the official language on Azamara? I know there will be people from many different countries but we were wondering about the official language on this ship.

As a Az newbie, I really appreciate this thread. I hope it's okay to ask questions?

1. Can anyone tell me if daiquiris are part of the included drinks?

2. How will I get my Discoverer perks? I suppose there aren't coupons to use (like for laundry), but how will I get free internet, etc.?

As a Az newbie, I really appreciate this thread. I hope it's okay to ask questions?

1. Can anyone tell me if daiquiris are part of the included drinks?

2. How will I get my Discoverer perks? I suppose there aren't coupons to use (like for laundry), but how will I get free internet, etc.?

A Daiquiri is part of the ‘example’ list of included drinks.

When you get onboard you should get a letter in your stateroom about your free internet minutes. That gives you a code to use to access the internet using the free minutes and instructions. If you prefer to trade in your free minutes against a ‘Full Voyage Unlimited’ internet package, you need to talk to Guest Relations. At Discoverer level you get 90 free minutes or $100 off the cost of a ‘Full Voyage Unlimited’ package (cost $19.95 a day)

• Like 3

Thanks so much for these helpful tips. We are considering a 26 days cruise on Azamara. We have been on many cruises but never on Azamara. What is the official language on Azamara? I know there will be people from many different countries but we were wondering about the official language on this ship.

The official language on the ship is English and all announcements are made in English.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When you get onboard you should get a letter in your stateroom about your free internet minutes.

Don't aassume internet shuts off because you turn off your browser. It doesn't. We rolled through 100 minutes in error ( and AZ assisted/ reissued them).

AZ written instructions used to direct you to logoff.com. Guest relations was surprised that they no longer provide that written advice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

When you get onboard you should get a letter in your stateroom about your free internet minutes. That gives you a code to use to access the internet using the free minutes and instructions. If you prefer to trade in your free minutes against a ‘Full Voyage Unlimited’ internet package, you need to talk to Guest Relations. At Discoverer level you get 90 free minutes or $100 off the cost of a ‘Full Voyage Unlimited’ package (cost $19.95 a day)

The recent list posted on the board didn't include daiquiris so that's why I was asking.

Thanks so much for answering both questions. I appreciate it! (y)

The recent list posted on the board didn't include daiquiris so that's why I was asking.

Thanks so much for answering both questions. I appreciate it! (y)

You can see the list on Azamara’s web page on the bottom menu - go to ‘Onboard Packages’, then ‘Beverage Packages’ where you’ll find a link to the list of complimentary drinks. That takes you to this page https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

• Like 2

You can see the list on Azamara’s web page on the bottom menu - go to ‘Onboard Packages’, then ‘Beverage Packages’ where you’ll find a link to the list of complimentary drinks. That takes you to this page https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

Thanks! (y)

Azamara will always hold a Meet & Mingle Party, no matter how few or how many sign up for it. If you register you should get an invitation in your stateroom, but if you don’t you’ll find it on the first day programme, or you can ask at Guest Relations. It’s often at 6pm on embarkation day, after the muster drill.

• Like 6