Silver Spirits Beverage Package Option

sabrefan

We usually like have a white with our first course and often a red with the main.

I would get our "premium" whites from one of the main bars (where they are readily available) and take them into the restaurant, world cafe or wherever with us. Once seated I asked for the list and ordered the next glass of wine according to what we selected for our main. It would then always arrive in good time to have with the main course.

While not a perfect solution to the wine waiting issues this work round suited us well and I hope it might be helpful for others too.

Great suggestion photopro2! This is a fairly easy option that I like quite a lot! Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
4 "nip" sized bottles. One vodka, one gin, one whiskey and I forget. There may be photos elsewhere on this thread.

You could for example have all 4 be gin.

On our recent Viking Sun we had a liter of Jack Daniels and a liter of Vodka delivered upon embarkation. We had the bottles replaced 4 times. Daily service of the mini bar covered mixers. We were in a DV cabin. Now admittedly, this was the World Cruise. Yet another reason the WC is a bargain!;p:cool:

On our recent Viking Sun we had a liter of Jack Daniels and a liter of Vodka delivered upon embarkation. We had the bottles replaced 4 times. Daily service of the mini bar covered mixers. We were in a DV cabin. Now admittedly, this was the World Cruise. Yet another reason the WC is a bargain!;p:cool:

For sure, on anything other than a WC, DVs don't get get the nip bottles and no one gets it by the liter bottle. However, I can see on the WC how delivering by the liter is cheaper (and produces less waste) than the nips.

I believe that the alcohol selection also includes wine and beer, not just nips.

Jim - did you order the litre bottles from the cabin steward or have to complete a form?

If we are in a V or DV, have purchased the SSP and order room service, will they include a drink with each meal if we request it (such as a glass of champagne for each of us with room service breakfast or lunch), or will I have to walk to a bar and bring a drink back to the room?

I understand soft drinks are included with SS package. Are specialty coffees?

Coffees (except those with spirits), tea, hot chocolate are free at all times from the bars, from the self-serve machines in the World Cafe, at meals.

House wines and beers and soft drinks are included at meal times. At other times during the day, there is a charge for them.

The only time that specialty coffee would fall under the drinks package is if it contained spirits. Also, keep in mind that you have 6 cans of soda in your mini-bar which will be re-stocked daily (except in the V cabins). No one gets upset if you walk out of lunch or dinner with an extra can or two of soda or carrying a glass of wine.

Thanks this has all been very helpful.

We have our first experience of a Silver Spirits package this autumn. I am clear about the premium wines and the soft drinks all day but can we get gin and tonics, whiskeys, vodka and lemonades etc within it too?

• 7 months later...
21 minutes ago, CathyP4 said:

After boarding can one buy a single silver spirits if one in the cabin does not drink alcohol or is the both in cabin must buy a bottom line rule?

Maybe you can talk to customer service.  Everything I've read says both people must have it.

55 minutes ago, CathyP4 said:

After boarding can one buy a single silver spirits if one in the cabin does not drink alcohol or is the both in cabin must buy a bottom line rule?

Yes, you can buy the package on board and you will be charged for the entire voyage, not just the days left in the cruise. The rule is both must buy it. There have been a few exceptions reported but to my understanding, it has been for medical reasons.

• 1 year later...
On 7/14/2018 at 7:25 AM, philw1776 said:

4 "nip" sized bottles. One vodka, one gin, one whiskey and I forget. There may be photos elsewhere on this thread.

You could for example have all 4 be gin.

On Alaska last fall: vodka, gin, rum, scotch. Seems really odd no American whiskey/Bourbon.

18 minutes ago, duquephart said:

On Alaska last fall: vodka, gin, rum, scotch. Seems really odd no American whiskey/Bourbon.

Yes, that is the standard.  Too bad there's not a bourbon option.  I'd take it.  2 gins, 2 bourbons. i drink single malt scotch, not the whiskey they stock.

33 minutes ago, philw1776 said:

Yes, that is the standard.  Too bad there's not a bourbon option.  I'd take it.  2 gins, 2 bourbons. i drink single malt scotch, not the whiskey they stock.

Yeah, I think it was JB or JW red. Pretty vanilla.