hotels near the port in San Francisco

Cobra427SC

:mad:

Some research on the West Coast Departures board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

would be very relevant. The Mods will likely move this thread there.

There is a Frisco in Texas, and one in Colorado. Princess doesn't have any stops there, but they do stop in San Francisco.

Thank you CruiserBruce. The hair is still standing up on the back of my neck! :mad:

Locals don’t take kindly if you refer to San Francisco, as “Frisco”. You are asking for a fight.

There is only one cruise port in San Francisco. Pier 26.

Not knowing your budget, try TripAdvisor.com for hotels near the cruise port with shuttle service.’

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

FYI...The old terminal is still a working terminal, much easier to board, & is used when there is more than one cruise ship in port.

Tom😎

Can you take your luggage aboard the trolley? Say a carry on, and a full-size luggage per person?

King

I wouldn’t do it as the refurbished vintage streetcars weren’t designed for people with that amount of luggage. You’re on vacation so relax and take a taxi, UBER, or LYFT.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wouldn’t do it as the refurbished vintage streetcars weren’t designed for people with that amount of luggage.

Totally agree, I am not sure they even allow luggage on the vintage streetcars. We rode one last year from Union Square to Fisherman's Wharf and they are nostalgic but tight and crowded. Gee, just like back in the day. Fun to ride but not for transporting anything other than yourself.

BTW: if you decide to ride one of the vintage street cars "F Line" make sure to read the muni site for fare rules. I can't recall the exact details, but I recall there are only a couple of ways to pay the fare. We didn't have it but the driver was kind enough to let us ride anyway.