Info needed for Seattle hotels

nil6000

Can you please give me info on the Sheraton Seattle hotel? Like service, cleanness and the part of town it's located I know it will tell me of location on there web sight but I would like to get a first hand opinion. We are cruising to Alaska in June 4th 2019 out of Seattle Any info will be helpful.

Thank you very much.

Shiska

The Sheraton is a big "mainstream" hotel located right in the heart of Seattle's commercial core. It's easily walkable from many attractions such as the Pike Place market, Westlake Center (where both the light rail from the airport and the monorail to Seattle Center/Space Needle etc. are located.) It's modern, clean, and close to numerous restaurants, pubs, shopping etc.

We are going to Alaska from Seattle next year and need some advice on hotels.

Are there any that offer shuttle service from downtown to the airport?

Are there any near the airport that have a shuttle to the port?

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As gardyloo said, there are 2 piers, 66 & 91 and which cruise line you're on determines which pier you're going to. If you're on Princess, Holland-America, Royal Carribean, Celebrity or Carnival, you will sail out of 91, all others go out of 66. (I've noticed that this year 1 Celebrity cruise does go out of 66 for some reason also.)

Many of the hotels around the airport do have free shuttles to/from the airport to their hotels however but I don't believe any of the ones downtown have that service. As far as between the hotels at the airport and the two piers, yes, there are a couple of ways to make that trip. Some of the cruise lines provide shuttle service from hotels that they use both at the airport and downtown, Princess and Holland-America, for example. Other lines may or may not, I do not know. Other methods include two shuttle services, Seattle Express and Shuttle Express. Costs vary from $18 up. See contact info below for the 2 lines I mentioned previously. Oh, one other thing, Taxi service from Pier 91 to the airport is a flat rate $40 and has not risen in the past 2 years. I don't know what it will be next year.

Hope that you have a great vacation and cruise!

Tom

-------------------------------------

Transportation from SeaTac to Pier 91.txt

Uber prices SeaTac to-from Pier 91.txt

Transportation from Pier 91 to SeaTac .txt

Thank you for the information I will be looking into Cedarbrook. It seems like all the hotels in Seattle are very pricey. Again thank you for replying.

Shiska

You're welcome.

If price isn't an issue, I would recommend The Edgewater, which hangs out over Puget Sound on the Seattle Waterfront. It tends to be very expensive -- I think it was well over $500 last time we stayed there 2 years ago. Edgewater has a better location and if you can bear the cost, you can get a waterfront room with a spectacular view. At that pricepoint, I doubt we will stay there again, unless we're in Seattle in the off-season.

But the Cedarbrook Lodge is more relaxing, and comes with some really nice "freebies" included in the price. You even get a little bag of custom-blended bath salts from the spa to take home with you.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your trip!