Anyone ever heard of Go Ahead Tours for Latin America?

lbeck

We're considering a trip to Ecuador to include Galapagos and Machu Picchu. A friend used Go Ahead Tours and recommends them highly. The GAT www site shows 4.5 of 5 stars, but I'm always skeptical of ratings on the rated website.

I know that this site isn't really for tour company reviews, but any help or other resources will be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

We have used Go Ahead tours in Ireland and Spain. Friends used them in Australia. They are awesome. If we ever decide to go to Machu Picchu we will use them. Our tour in Spain was a walking tour with about 16 people. Hotels were great and we stayed in most places 2 nights. All breakfasts are included and several dinners as well. For both tours the tour guide went out of his way to make sure we had all the information we needed for any free time activities, restaurants, shopping, etc. I can highly recommend them. (It is way different from a cruise where you can unpack once and have all your meals taken care of...but the tours were awesome and we felt we really got to know the country we were in very well)

Go Ahead tours is a part of EF Educational Tours (student tours). Go Ahead focuses on tours for adults. We used them in South Africa and they are top notch - the recommendations are definitely to be believed!

• 2 weeks later...
We're considering a trip to Ecuador to include Galapagos and Machu Picchu. A friend used Go Ahead Tours and recommends them highly. The GAT www site shows 4.5 of 5 stars, but I'm always skeptical of ratings on the rated website.

I know that this site isn't really for tour company reviews, but any help or other resources will be appreciated.

We have done two wonderful tours with Go Ahead. Second was SA and included Machu Pichu and Iguazu. Falls are fabulous and as much a special memory as is Machu Picchu! Don’t miss them if you can manage it.

• 6 months later...

Well we're headed for the GAT of Galapagos and Macho Picchu. on Feb 18.

I'm especially concerned about a knee problem that began a few months ago.  Dr thinks probably cartridge.  I hope to do snorkeling in Galapagos and hiking in Machu Picchu.    Any additional information will be appreciated!

I'll do the excursions regardless.  This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I'll deal with the pain...