Carnival Pride At-Sea Wedding Review

Thank you so much for the info! I know this was years ago for you but I am in the process of planning my carnival wedding for me and my finace. We are not sure if we want to have the wedding on the island or on a day at sea. Honestly after reading about your guys wedding I am soooo into the day at sea wedding. I would love to hear more about your wedding!

thanks again

• 4 months later...
Anything we DIYed (STDs, invites, FunTimes, door hangers, etc), we designed on our own and we had printed at Staples. They let us use our own specialty paper or we could chose from their selection. If you give me your email, I can send you the file. I did them in Powerpoint, so the text is easy to manipulate.

Hello, My email address is nahnahtheone@gmail.com could you please send me the template of the FunTimes you used! It would mean a lot to me! That is such a great idea too!! I love it so much! Thank you in advance!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Great review. My daughter is getting married in May on carnival too, so your comments are much appreciated. Can I ask how / where you were able to find the fun times wedding itinerary document that was personalized for your group?

I created the original and personalized it for my group. I no longer have the template file, sorry.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/24/2013 at 10:33 AM, Carnival_Brides said:

Meeting Penelope and Anthony

When we began booking the wedding originally we’d planned an embarkation wedding (EW), but changed it to a vow renewal after our ship tour last January. The wedding we watched was gorgeous, but the guests seemed rushed and the wedding party seemed flustered—this would not work for our families. There are obviously several differences between the EWs and VRs; chief among them that you must already be married to do the VR. The major planning differences between the two is that you MUST be way more flexible for the VR because you know very little in the way of details until you board the ship. We had a contract just like EWs and were able to book our entertainment, but had no information in the way of date, time or location—this all depended on the Captain’s availability and the events happening on the ship that day. When we first booked we were told that we would be unable to have our ceremony on embarkation day, the formal nights and one of the ports—this basically narrowed it down to Tuesday (the second sea day) or Saturday (the last sea day).

Somewhere between muster and dinner a letter appeared in our cabin from Carlos, the Food and Beverage Manager, welcoming us and offering to set up a time to meet our coordinator. We called and the line went unanswered so we went to dinner. While we were in the middle of the first course, our wedding coordinator, Penelope, who is on the dining staff, found us and we set up to meet at Breakfast the next day when she had more information from the Captain. At breakfast the next morning, she had our file from Miami with all of our requests and was able to confirm our wedding for 4:15 on Tuesday with reception and dinner to follow! We also explained that we were treating our ceremony like it was our actual wedding with the dresses, flowers, etc. She gave us the option of including our own vows, special ceremonies and a ring exchange; but we ultimately used the Carnival vows and the ring exchange. We had no special music requests for the ceremony, so she provided a CD. As she was moving through our special requests she noticed that we had asked for a Dreams photographer and offered to coordinate that for us. She also noticed that we requested the tux version of Funship Freddy at the reception for a few pictures. She said it had never been done before, but she’d check with the cruise director. Within minutes of the meeting adjourning and us getting ready to leave, Penelope returned and told us that the Dreams photographer was unavailable for the time we needed, but she had set-up a meeting with Anthony, his assistant, who was training to do weddings and Dreams. She also asked us to gather up any wedding items that she could set-up our reception items with her team, and allow our families to get ready and not sweat the small stuff. We filled the box with a piece of lace for under the cake, the cake topper, fingerprint tree, ink, butterflies for the altar flowers, a note for her explaining what everything was for. We dropped it off at lunch and didn’t have to deal with it until after the wedding the next day!

We met Anthony, our photographer, after lunch that same day and he spent about 20 minutes with us showing us his previous work and explaining a bit about Dream photography. We knew quite a bit from research, but it was nice to hear about how they liked to use environmental shots and natural lighting (when possible). It was also a chance for us to tell him our budget, so he didn’t go through the process of creating the very pretty album that was WAAAAY above our budget and we had no intention of purchasing. The outcome of this meeting was that we decided to meet at 3:00 (an hour before the ceremony) in the atrium for portraits so that we could have the best possible lighting (sunset) for the outdoor shots at the end of the wedding. This also proved helpful because our hair was destroyed the second we stepped outside--moving ship and whatnot.

Yay for planning a wedding in a day!

Heads-Up/Tip: After speaking to Anthony, we got the impression that wedding photography is in the process of transitioning from using the elegant night backdrops to the Dreams photography that utilizes the ship as a backdrop. When we asked about pricing, he also indicated that they are looking at changing the packages to account for the Dreams model. Dreams Photography is currently available on all four Spirit class, the three new Dream class and two other ships.