Just Married on the Carnival Magic

SKosto

Hello, my Wife and I just got married on the Carnival Magic on 12/2. We both noticed that there wasn't a whole lot of information posted that is recent, so, feel free to ask any questions, and we will answer to our very best.

Was your package under the old, more inclusive package or the new one, where they charge separately for everything?

Congratulations!!!

Were there any snags or issues that you would warn others about?

Edited by sandyzag
Grammar :)

We were under the new package, so please if you have any questions ask away!

The only snags were not related with the wedding department, but with the port. The signage for parking is not very clear, and non sailing guests (we had 40) are told to park in employee parking, which is not marked at all. The other being, we had two guests with the name Ken, they were both checked in under 1 name, and one guest had to leave the ship and wait through security and all that again to get rescanned in.

Congratulations!!!

We're you able to add your own personal touches to the ceremony? For example, reading of a poem, your own music, sand ceremony, rose petals before the bride comes in.

Thanks

The short answer, yes, you are able to add any and all of those to your ceremony. The only downside is, you have a limited time for your ceremony/reception. So you may want to weigh out what is important to you. They provide you with a ceremony outline, and you can pick some of their items or provide your own. We picked one of their poems, provided our own music/vows, and brought on our own silk petals for the flower girl. When providing your own music, your need to bring the music on a phone or mp3 player with an aux cord.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

The short answer, yes, you are able to add any and all of those to your ceremony. The only downside is, you have a limited time for your ceremony/reception. So you may want to weigh out what is important to you. They provide you with a ceremony outline, and you can pick some of their items or provide your own. We picked one of their poems, provided our own music/vows, and brought on our own silk petals for the flower girl. When providing your own music, your need to bring the music on a phone or mp3 player with an aux cord.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you so much for this info. Due to the time constraints you mentioned, we may consider having the reception later during the cruise. I've cruised with groups who had private parties which we thoroughly enjoyed. As of now, all of our guest are sailing so everyone will be able to attend if it's later during the cruise.

As for the music, did they provide a list to select from or do they have standard songs they use? A couple of the songs I want are popular classical wedding pieces so I'm wondering if they will have either of those songs available.

We plan to book the wedding within the next couple of weeks. I'm just trying to get a feel for what to expect upon making the date official. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

For the Precessional the options are:

You may choose from our selection of wedding songs or bring your own CD. Please select one of the following for your bridal party’s entrance (mark 1– if applicable) and your entrance (mark 2):

Wagner: “Wedding March” from Lohengrin (Traditional - Here Comes the Bride)

Clarke: Trumpet Voluntary (The Prince of Denmark’s March)

Pachelbel: Canon in D

We are bringing an iPod/MP3 player | Auxiliary Cable & Play list required

Recessional:

Music: You may choose from our selection of wedding songs or bring your own CD.

q Mendelssohn: “Wedding March” from A Midsummer Night’s Dream (traditional)

q Handel: “Arrival of the Queen of Sheba” from Solomon

q We are bringing an iPod/MP3 player | Auxiliary Cable & Play list required

If you want to leave me your e-mail, I can forward you all the documents so you can look over them. Which ship are you looking at getting married on?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in my long list of questions.

1. Was the check in process efficient? Do sailing guests go to a different person to check in or do all guests go to the same place.

2. Once on board, did all your guests disperse and roam the ship?

3. Once on board, you two went to your respective cabins to get dressed and wait, right? There was no "rehearsal" to see where the actual wedding would take place or any directions on how to do it? Or did the onboard wedding coordinator go over that all after boarding?

4. Did you assign someone to put out the wedding favors in the reception room? Did you worry at all about leaving them there until the actual reception or did you wait until the actual reception started and then put them out?

5. How long was your reception and when did all of your non sailing guests have to leave? 3p?

I think that's about it, for now! Thanks for taking the time out to respond.

1. Was the check in process efficient? Do sailing guests go to a different person to check in or do all guests go to the same place.

This is the only place where we felt things could have gone better. Mind you, this is all Port Canaveral specific. Non sailing guests are told to park in employee parking, which is not marked at all, and a little iffy to find. A couple guests had to circle around 3x. We Had 2 Kens on our guest list, somehow they checked both of them in under the same name, and after boarding the ship, one had to disembark and go through the security check again. All guests will go to the same area to check in, and will sit together after checking in.

2. Once on board, did all your guests disperse and roam the ship?

For the most part, yes, most explored the ship because they aren't cruisers. The coordinator will tell them when and where to meet for the ceremony.

3. Once on board, you two went to your respective cabins to get dressed and wait, right? There was no "rehearsal" to see where the actual wedding would take place or any directions on how to do it? Or did the onboard wedding coordinator go over that all after boarding?

So, funny story, out of our 45 guests, there was only one other couple sailing, so I was going to use their cabin to get dressed and what not. Unfortunately, they had to cancel the cruise the night before the wedding because their son had to have an appendectomy. So I (the groom) had to get dressed before we arrived to the port. My wife had her make up and hair done prior to boarding, but had the final touches done in our room, and got dressed in there as well.

While you are waiting to board the ship, the coordinator will talk to the families, and give them ship maps with the ceremony and reception areas marked. She also spoke to my wife and I separately (the whole don't see the bride the morning of thing). She went over the music, and names and all the details of the ceremony to verify they were correct. She also instructed the Wedding party and myself to all arrive 20 minutes before the ceremony to do a dry run. She will also go get the bride from the cabin, and explain to her what will go on while they were walking to the location.

4. Did you assign someone to put out the wedding favors in the reception room? Did you worry at all about leaving them there until the actual reception or did you wait until the actual reception started and then put them out?

We brought our decorations on board in a copy paper box, and had my best man hold on to it. We then passed it off to the coordinator, who asked if we had any specific ways we wanted to set it up (we really didnt). Everything was set up before the reception, and what she did with the table was 100x better than we could have ever envisioned. We had custom music, and my biggest worry was giving someone my brand new phone for the whole day, but she assured me that she would guard it with her life. haha

5. How long was your reception and when did all of your non sailing guests have to leave? 3p?

Our reception was 1.5 hours long. I think the standard is 1 hour, but we paid for an extra 30 minutes. Yes all non sailing guests are required to debark at roughly 3pm.

I think that's about it, for now! Thanks for taking the time out to respond.

You're very welcome, if you have any other questions please feel free to ask, also, if you'd like any pictures of anything, please let me know.

Thank you! Answers have been so helpful to ease my mind about the unknown.

If you dont mind... how many total guests did you have and during the reception, how many appetizer servers and bartenders were there( assuming you had both)?

Thank you! Answers have been so helpful to ease my mind about the unknown.

If you dont mind... how many total guests did you have and during the reception, how many appetizer servers and bartenders were there( assuming you had both)?

You're welcome. Total guests was around 47 including us. We did not have alcohol at the wedding because of the cost, and being it was such a short reception and most guests had a 1.5 hour drive home. We just didn't think it was a good idea (guests can still purchase alcohol with their credit cards). We did have servers walking around with fruit punch and would get people sodas if they wanted. The food was self serve, and set up beautifully. I can take you the exact number of people serving, but i'd have to guess 3-4? It really was a total blur.

This post has been amazingly helpful! What type of party favors did you have for your guest, if any? I’m doing the appetizers and tea/punch on mine too. What appetizers did you guys pick and would you recommend others to pick the same? How about pictures? Did you love them, hate them? We’re the pushy with selling them to you? Did you wife stay in her dress the whole day after you set sail?

This post has been amazingly helpful!

You're very welcome, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

What type of party favors did you have for your guest, if any?

We didn't do any wedding favors, because we figured no one really wanted some knick knack with our wedding date on it hahaha.

I’m doing the appetizers and tea/punch on mine too. What appetizers did you guys pick and would you recommend others to pick the same?

We did..... Cherry Tomato with Mozzarella, Shrimp Sushi, Roast Beef with Horseradish, Chicken Caesar salad. Beer Battered Fish, BBQ sliders, Steak Burrito, and Chicken with Tomato Salsa. The Roast beef, steak burrito and fish were the best. The sushi was nothing special, nor was the salad but those were our safe picks. I would recommend any of the ones we picked. A lot of it was a blur, but thats what stands out in my mind.

How about pictures? Did you love them, hate them? We’re the pushy with selling them to you? Did you wife stay in her dress the whole day after you set sail?

We LOVED the pictures. Our Photographer did an amazing job. My wife was in her dress until about 5:30pm. Your day will go as follows: Get ready, ceremony, reception, muster drill, photo shoot. So you will have already set sail by the time you start taking pictures. We didn't get to see them until the 6th night (7 day cruise). We then went to the dream studio, and she played a slide show, showed us the large photobook, and then gave us all the prints. After that she gave us the pricing list (it is identical with the one that is included in your wedding documents). She makes a bit of a push for the more expensive packages, but we let her know we arent comfortable with that. She then wheels and deals, and essentially you end up with a custom package. We bought the 20x30 canvas, an 8x8 photobook, 15 8x10s, 5 5x7s, and all of the photos she took on a usb drive for $1400. It was slightly more than we wanted to spend, but we were in love with the pictures.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. The biggest problem I noticed was the lack of current information on weddings, so I'm trying to help fill that void.

Our reception was 1.5 hours long. I think the standard is 1 hour, but we paid for an extra 30 minutes. Yes all non sailing guests are required to debark at roughly 3pm..

Do you think an hour is long enough for the reception? We'll likely have only 20 guest and everyone is sailing. May have 2 more who are not sailing.

Thank you again for all of the information you shared. We just booked our wedding on the Horizon in November. All of the information you shared has been so helpful.

Do you think an hour is long enough for the reception? We'll likely have only 20 guest and everyone is sailing. May have 2 more who are not sailing.

Thank you again for all of the information you shared. We just booked our wedding on the Horizon in November. All of the information you shared has been so helpful.

If all your guests are sailing I'd say it should be plenty, since you'll be partying the whole cruise anyways. Our guests started trickling out around the 1 hour mark. We also decided not to do the Garter or bouquet toss because there were only a couple of single people there. We also aren't much into dancing, but if your group is, the hour might seem a little short.

Here are a few pictures from the reception. The first is our guest book table, the 2nd is the upgraded 3 tier cake (it was red velvet with cream cheese and it was seriously the best cake I've ever eaten). That is also my wife's cascading bouquet that was purchased through the wedding experience. The next two photos show how the food was set up.2d20d4be1d84cae733d9a712bb8b0247.jpgdff91ab273da9844ddcff7af37be5925.jpg63066341937ea5365fe6a5b1bc1aa89b.jpgffb6c879368484c25b5266946756d1c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Forums mobile app

If all your guests are sailing I'd say it should be plenty, since you'll be partying the whole cruise anyways. Our guests started trickling out around the 1 hour mark. We also decided not to do the Garter or bouquet toss because there were only a couple of single people there. We also aren't much into dancing, but if your group is, the hour might seem a little short.

Partying the whole cruise....my thoughts exactly. :) We have only 1 single person attending so we won't have are garter or bouquet toss either. About half of my group loves to dance and the other have are pretty reserved. I think we'll stick with 1 hour.

Was the sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to your room or at the reception? I see those listed as included items.

Thanks for the pics of the reception set up. Awesome pics of the two of you as well. You are a beautiful couple.

Was the sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to your room or at the reception? I see those listed as included items.

They were in the stateroom waiting for us,as well as a very nice towel creation on the bed. I can post a pic of it if you'd like. Also during the cruise, and I'm not sure if this was just random luck or happens more often than not, but we got a free 8x10 and photo frame from pixels, and a fruit basket sent to our room from the hotel director.

Thanks for the pics of the reception set up. Awesome pics of the two of you as well. You are a beautiful couple.

Thank you for the kind words.