Spice Beach on your own?

spammie

Hi. Just wondering if you need to book an excursion through the ship to go here or can just go on your own? Is there an entrance fee and are cabs readily available to take you back to the ship. Celebrity Equinox - May 4th. Thanks!

No you don't need to book an excursion to Spice Beach. It's about a 5 minute cab ride from the piers. It's $10 each way and that can be split by 4 people - so, $5 a couple if you ride together. If you want to walk there it's not far but can be hot. So if you're going to walk, better to walk there and take a cab back to downtown when you're done. Yes, there should be cabs available. I don't remember what the cost are for Spice Beach exactly but you can rent chairs/umbrellas for a very reasonable price and get food/drinks there.

No you don't need to book an excursion to Spice Beach. It's about a 5 minute cab ride from the piers. It's $10 each way and that can be split by 4 people - so, $5 a couple if you ride together. If you want to walk there it's not far but can be hot. So if you're going to walk, better to walk there and take a cab back to downtown when you're done. Yes, there should be cabs available. I don't remember what the cost are for Spice Beach exactly but you can rent chairs/umbrellas for a very reasonable price and get food/drinks there.

Thank you so much! We will definitely take a cab. Wanda

• 3 weeks later...

Hubby and I went to Eden Beach/Spice Club in January. We walked along the water's edge and it was of course a hot day. At Eden/Spice Beach, it was $5pp or $10 for both of us and included two lounge chairs and shared umbrella. There is a bar/restaurant onsite as well as a pool, bathrooms, and an outdoor shower.

There's a pier with a ladder for easy entry into the water. We snorkeled from this beach and headed over to Coco Beach next door. Along the way we saw a coral farm, porcupine fish, cow fish, trumpet fish, etc. Around the ladder you can see a lot of Sargent majors, blue tangs, and other varieties of fish. If you go snorkeling at this resort or anywhere else on the island, you will need to purchase a "marine tag".

It was neat to see Klein Bonaire across the water.

We walked back to the cruise ship pier. I would say it took us about 45 minutes to walk. We also stopped along the way so I could take some pictures of our adventure. It was a beautiful sunny and hot day. Make sure to bring water with you and hydrate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
It's not the Beach Club staff that enforces the marine tag regulations, it's STINAPA and I'm told they do patrol the beaches, but I've not personally seen them checking for tags (though others have).

So far cruise ship tourists don’t need a marine tag. $10 for a snorkel tag is a valuable price to support the marine park.

You can buy them at every dive shop!

In front of spice beach is Wannadive!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
Hubby and I went to Eden Beach/Spice Club in January. We walked along the water's edge and it was of course a hot day. At Eden/Spice Beach, it was $5pp or $10 for both of us and included two lounge chairs and shared umbrella. There is a bar/restaurant onsite as well as a pool, bathrooms, and an outdoor shower.

There's a pier with a ladder for easy entry into the water. We snorkeled from this beach and headed over to Coco Beach next door. Along the way we saw a coral farm, porcupine fish, cow fish, trumpet fish, etc. Around the ladder you can see a lot of Sargent majors, blue tangs, and other varieties of fish. If you go snorkeling at this resort or anywhere else on the island, you will need to purchase a "marine tag".

It was neat to see Klein Bonaire across the water.

We walked back to the cruise ship pier. I would say it took us about 45 minutes to walk. We also stopped along the way so I could take some pictures of our adventure. It was a beautiful sunny and hot day. Make sure to bring water with you and hydrate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is this a beach or a pier?