souvenirs from ships that have sunk

Camelia-

My friend was cleaning out her parent's attic the other day and discovered a box filled with travel souvenirs. Among them she found some things which belonged to the MS Oceanos (from the old Epirotiki LIne). I know that ship sunk years ago off the coast of Africa I believe. Thankfully no lives were lost and there were some real heroics by some crew members and behavior from the captain that was anything but heroic. She said it felt funny to see these remnants of a lost ship. She's wondering if they would be of value anywhere. She's not sure what to do with them - her parents are no longer here and she would only be keeping them for nostalgic reasons.

• 1 month later...

I have a nice collection of items from passenger ships that have sunk, does your friend want to sell the items or just let them go? if she doesn't want to keep the items and is looking for a home for them, Id be interested in adding them to my collection. if she's interested, my email is water_elfin50@hotmail.com please let me know what she wants to do with the items, as I'm interested in them, I hope either you or her email me, hope hear back :)

I forgot to mention I have items from 41 ocean liners and cruise ships that would end up sinking or as wrecks later to be scrapped., I hope saw my email in my last post, if your freind is still interested

Edited by norboy76
missed adding something to the post

• 1 month later...
My friend was cleaning out her parent's attic the other day and discovered a box filled with travel souvenirs. Among them she found some things which belonged to the MS Oceanos (from the old Epirotiki LIne). I know that ship sunk years ago off the coast of Africa I believe. Thankfully no lives were lost and there were some real heroics by some crew members and behavior from the captain that was anything but heroic. She said it felt funny to see these remnants of a lost ship. She's wondering if they would be of value anywhere. She's not sure what to do with them - her parents are no longer here and she would only be keeping them for nostalgic reasons.

I think I would try to find the entertainment staff members who helped everyone get safely off and pass the items along to them. Or send at least one item to the ship's captain as a persistent reminder of his dereliction of duty and cowardice. :mad:

Edit: Here you go - Moss Hills and his wife Tracy were easy enough to find: http://www.mosshills.co.uk/

Edited by bigwally