Pricing of alcohol on Pacific Jewel/Pearl

I can help with wine, but not beer. Price per glass is not good value. $8-$12. We always bought by the bottle and carried it off to our cabin if not finished at the time. I have read on other threads that P&O -Dawn, Jewel and Pearl are now not holding wine for you in the dining rooms. Grrrrr. Bottle prices ranged on the Jewel wine list from $22 for McWilliams select series Riesling to $72 for Cloudy Bay sav blanc. And some at even higher prices. Several in all classes at mid $30 mark, a few at $26-29 and a range again across all styles for $40-60. The selections at the bars vary and on our cruise the popular fair price Cab Merlot ran out half way through the second week. Colleen

There are also some very good red wines available too and if you do order a good bottle remember to ask them to bring you some red wine glasses which they will bring you from the Chef's Table dining room.

Cheers

Di

What sort of drinks do you have in mind? Cocktails are about $9, beer ranges from about $6.50 to $8 and I think Colleen has covered glasses of wine. I can tell you a bottle of Glandore Chardonnay is $46 a bottle and a bottle of Penfolds 389 is $98 a bottle. By memory a bottle of Moët is around $72 a bottle.

Sorry, no lists, that novelty wore off some time ago:eek: but someone might have one.

My prices are based on the Jewel which we got off last week.

Colleen - Cloudy Bay - yum:)

Cheers

Di

Basic beer(Tooheys cans)- $5.50

Pure Blonde $7.25

Premium beer (corona, crown etc.) $7.95

Spirits (average)- $8.50 Keep in Mind that P&O charge you for the mixer on top of the spirit

Basic cocktails(menu cocktails that use no name spirits)- $9.50-11.50

Cocktails (made with normal spirits or MIX bar cocktails) - $13.50- 18.50

There are a few exceptions to the sprits part of this but that's what you're looking at in general.

P&O have the most expensive beverages by far! :(

Basic beer(Tooheys cans)- $5.50

Pure Blonde $7.25

Premium beer (corona, crown etc.) $7.95

Spirits (average)- $8.50 Keep in Mind that P&O charge you for the mixer on top of the spirit

Basic cocktails(menu cocktails that use no name spirits)- $9.50-11.50

Cocktails (made with normal spirits or MIX bar cocktails) - $13.50- 18.50

There are a few exceptions to the sprits part of this but that's what you're looking at in general.

P&O have the most expensive beverages by far! :(

ouch thats $ might stick to the tooheys!. not sure why they wouldnt go for a cheaper beer like Carlton. would make a killing at $4-5 each

ouch thats $ might stick to the tooheys!. not sure why they wouldnt go for a cheaper beer like Carlton. would make a killing at $4-5 each

I forgot to add that different bars have different menus and prices. Foe example the piano bar on the top atrium level serves those premium spirits both for shots and mixed drinks - so the prices are higher. Check it out as you explore the ship. Colleen

• 5 years later...

Just came back from cruise May 2018 so these prices are up to date ,most cocktails $12, draft beer schooner $8 , glass of wine $8 , best bar to have a quite drink the Oasis , you can here the music !

Just came back from cruise May 2018 so these prices are up to date ,most cocktails $12, draft beer schooner $8 , glass of wine $8 , best bar to have a quite drink the Oasis , you can here the music !

Do they have happy hour anywhere on P&O? I don't remember whether it was only Princess that did or both. :D:D

no happy hour ,no captains party..pretty much slimmed down .food is different also ,the Pantry is ok but not much choice , the Waterfront is better however some options have to be paid for,all in all PO have downsized ,still good value however.