2019 Schedule

surmy555

I am so disappointed. I called Windstar asking about the Belles of the British Isles cruise which is the specific on I wanted to do next year. Well, they are offering it but the timing does not work for me.:(……...fooey!:eek:

When did they say this itinerary would run? It is not on their website 2019 schedule yet.

When did they say this itinerary would run? It is not on their website 2019 schedule yet.

HI, she did not have an answer but said she could see the itinerary. It is for Sept 15th, 2019 for 10 nights. The one time of the month I cannot sail is near month end (I still work:eek:) and being away on the 24/25th of the month won't work for me.:rolleyes:

We just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Surf. On our sea day we sat down with a Windstar trip planning assistant (not sure that was his actual title) to discuss future itineraries. We were told that the 2019 schedules are not full because each of the 6 ships will be out of commission for approx. 6wks to do renovations (mostly cosmetic). I was pretty surprised that they would do all of them in the same year but he said that is the plan.

Spirit shows a full schedule for 2019 so I put this report on the “not true” list. This is epidemic in the travel industry. Everyone just makes it up as they go.

• 1 month later...

A whole bunch of added sailing dates for the last half of 2019 have been added to the Windstar website in the past couple of weeks. These included a lot of northern Europe. The Copenhagen to Reykjavik on the Breeze 10-day sailing looks like it has some good out of the way ports of call. And you can make it a b2b by adding a 7-day circle Iceland onto the back end on at least one of the sailings (June 15, 2019).

That's interesting. They must have rushed that out because a lot of the newly added sailings have an empty itinerary and ports page. I haven't seen that before. The overview and map give some idea of the planned stops but no port times.

The Vancouver to San Diego sailing has some unusual ports. Sausalito - so they will be sailing in and out under the Bay Bridge to get there. That would be neat to see.

They have sailings for Star Legend into 2020. Star Pride is still only posted up to May 2019. Everything else shows sailings up to late October or early November 2019. No upcoming Asia sailing after Star Legend goes to Alaska in 2019 unless they send Star Pride there.

They just canceled my March 30 transatlantic on Pride...

Looks like it is out of service from 3/9 San Juan to 4/12 in Lisbon. Either dry dock or charter. At least it was too early for plane reservations!

That's interesting. They must have rushed that out because a lot of the newly added sailings have an empty itinerary and ports page. I haven't seen that before. The overview and map give some idea of the planned stops but no port times.

The Vancouver to San Diego sailing has some unusual ports. Sausalito - so they will be sailing in and out under the Bay Bridge to get there. That would be neat to see.

They have sailings for Star Legend into 2020. Star Pride is still only posted up to May 2019. Everything else shows sailings up to late October or early November 2019. No upcoming Asia sailing after Star Legend goes to Alaska in 2019 unless they send Star Pride there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They just canceled my March 30 transatlantic on Pride...

How disappointing. Did they give any explanation? There is a gap in the schedule of more than a month now - March 9 in San Juan to April 12 in Lisbon. Are they doing charters or is there some dry dock planned? The ship is still getting from San Juan to Lisbon during that time.

I don't know how well they did in Asia, generally, but our Yokohama/Osaka trip in April was completely booked.

I already had booked my flights, they offer just 250 USD compensation if i rebook for the April 19 cruise. but they cannot tell me when we should arrive in Lisbon on this one... so no way to change my flights... fees would be around 400 EUR, so a very bad deal.

the mail i got...

We are writing to inform you that your cruise on Star Pride’s March 30th, 2019 sailing has been cancelled. We are making this change as a result of a change in the Star Pride’s schedule next spring, which will require the ship to be re-deployed. Unfortunately, this change will require the cancellation of your cruise.

NOTE: The Transatlantic Crossing on the Star Pride will now sail on March 19th, 2019. You must let us know if you’d like to be rebooked on this cruise.

Guests are welcome to rebook on another cruise. No change fees or penalties apply to booking changes to an alternate voyage. If there is a price difference between the cancelled voyage and the new voyage, the price difference will be applied to the new booking.

• Lower Price - In the case of a resulting lower price, the new booking will reflect the new lower price and the original deposit applied to the new booking.
    • Higher Price – In the case of a resulting higher price, the new booking will reflect the higher price and the original deposit applied to the new booking.

Guests who do not rebook will be fully refunded. No change fees or penalties will apply.

Independent Air Change Fee Consideration:

If you have already booked air independently, we will reimburse you up to $250 per person for any fees you may incur due to flight changes. Copies of original receipts and new flight details/receipts are required to request/receive a refund. If you choose to cancel your booking, Air Change Fee Consideration/refund will not apply.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause. As always, our primary goal is to provide the best voyage possible for you.

Thank you,

Windstar Cruises

the mail i got...

We are writing to inform you that your cruise on Star Pride’s March 30th, 2019 sailing has been cancelled. We are making this change as a result of a change in the Star Pride’s schedule next spring, which will require the ship to be re-deployed. Unfortunately, this change will require the cancellation of your cruise.

NOTE: The Transatlantic Crossing on the Star Pride will now sail on March 19th, 2019. You must let us know if you’d like to be rebooked on this cruise.

Guests are welcome to rebook on another cruise. No change fees or penalties apply to booking changes to an alternate voyage. If there is a price difference between the cancelled voyage and the new voyage, the price difference will be applied to the new booking.

• Lower Price - In the case of a resulting lower price, the new booking will reflect the new lower price and the original deposit applied to the new booking.
    • Higher Price – In the case of a resulting higher price, the new booking will reflect the higher price and the original deposit applied to the new booking.

Guests who do not rebook will be fully refunded. No change fees or penalties will apply.

Independent Air Change Fee Consideration:

If you have already booked air independently, we will reimburse you up to $250 per person for any fees you may incur due to flight changes. Copies of original receipts and new flight details/receipts are required to request/receive a refund. If you choose to cancel your booking, Air Change Fee Consideration/refund will not apply.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause. As always, our primary goal is to provide the best voyage possible for you.

Thank you,

Windstar Cruises

Wow. Not sure if that would work for most people and I don't believe most travel insurance will pay for this. Can you do the new date?

Wow. Not sure if that would work for most people and I don't believe most travel insurance will pay for this. Can you do the new date?

I think we can do the new date, we will lose about 200 EUR per person...

If we do not, we have to cancel the flights wich will be 300 EUR.... i am not happy.... no onboard credit or anything else...

If we do not, we have to cancel the flights wich will be 300 EUR.... i am not happy.... no onboard credit or anything else...

Call and get a supervisor about OBC. Keep calling until you get someone who will do the right thing.

Call and get a supervisor about OBC. Keep calling until you get someone who will do the right thing.

Yes, or if you have a TA, get your TA to do it. My TA has been able to get OBC from Windstar to compensate for a mistake they made.

Is this "lose 200 EUR per person" before or after you include the WS $250 reimbursement? If before, you'll come out almost even.

Is this "lose 200 EUR per person" before or after you include the WS $250 reimbursement? If before, you'll come out almost even.

After.... flights are expensive now... we will see what my TA can do for me...

I love the way they sail from the Dominican Republic to San Juan by way to Alexandria, Egypt!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

MAR 19 TUE

SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO

6:00 PM

MAR 20 WED

AT SEA

MAR 21 THU

AT SEA

MAR 22 FRI

AT SEA

MAR 23 SAT

AT SEA

MAR 24 SUN

AT SEA

MAR 25 MON

AT SEA

MAR 26 TUE

AT SEA

MAR 27 WED

AT SEA

MAR 28 THU

HORTA, AZORES, PORTUGAL

8:00 AM

6:00 PM

MAR 29 FRI

AT SEA

MAR 30 SAT

AT SEA

MAR 31 SUN

AT SEA

APR 1 MON

LISBON, PORTUGAL

7:00 AM

• 3 months later...
On 6/11/2018 at 6:35 PM, milepig said:

Spirit shows a full schedule for 2019 so I put this report on the “not true” list. This is epidemic in the travel industry. Everyone just makes it up as they go.

Either there is a glitch in the online scehdule, or something has changed. The Spirit is not only showing sailings in January 2019 and then one in April.

EDIT: nevermind. Another WS glitch - I closed and reopened my browser and not the entire year is showing.

Edited by milepig