Just got new photo printer

framer

I've been babying/abusing my 7 year old Epson 4900 but it's seen better days. I got an estimate to service it that just does not make sense. So out with the old and in with the new. I got a new Epson P50000 a slightly upgraded but basically the same machine.

I do like to print real photos. I guess it goes back to my days working in studios doing darkroom work. FWIW Epson currently was a $400 rebate on this unit but it must be invoiced by June 30th.

framer:cool:

I have been want upgrade to but not willing to put out the dollars. I have an Epson 2400 and I am afraid it will start to be hard to find ink. The local Staples and Office Depot do not carry it any more, B&H still has it listed, but have not ordered any this year. So I am very curious as to how you like this unit and how long the ink will last. It has gotten great reviews and ink life extended. The 2400 the ink cartridge is very small and seems like I can get 20 - 30 large prints then one will go dry.

It's a production unit, more than I really need but over the years it pays for itself. You have to be a bit disciplined to use it every couple of day for at least one small print. Shake the inks every couple of weeks and manage workflow to use it enough. I sell enough 17 x 96 panos to several galleries locally to justify owning it. A normal person would find the P800 more useful.

framer