Remy vs Palo Brunch

DCLCrazy

It's a totally different experience. Remy brunch is almost a scaled down version of dinner. Unlike Palo, where it's a buffet of sorts with a choice of entrees, Remy is a multi course delight. When we did it last June on the Dream, it wasn't busy, so we were really attended to. Definitely worth the experience.

Totally, completely different. The above description is good.

Palo, and Palo brunch are experiences like we can get in our medium sized city--there are restaurants that offer a good brunch on Sunday or on Mother's Day. There is nothing that compares to Remy brunch or dinner where I live.

I haven't done Remy brunch (or dinner for that matter) but it was a blog like this which convinced me that Palo brunch was a better choice for me. I honestly don't think I am enough of a foodie to enjoy Remy, and I live in a big city where this sort of high end fine dining is easily available - and I never go to those sorts of places here either. I loved Palo brunch and thought the service and food was excellent. I'm sure that is true of Remy too.

I did not mean to denigrate Palo at all. In fact, we normally cruise the Magic, which doesn't have Remy. But in my mind, Palo is "normal"in the sense that it is similar to a nice, upscale restaurant that I might choose for an anniversary dinner or something similar. Remy is seriously over the top. Remy is the sort of place where the maitre d' makes me feel inferior. Great food, service, atmosphere, but really more than I'm comfortable with. So, guess it is good that I don't have access to that sort of dining normally.

Remy is most comparable to Victoria and Albert at WDW....except that Remy is adult only.

Please keep in mind that their goal in Remy is to provide the best experience possible. It's great if you're open to trying new things (everything we've ever had there has been wonderful), but if you should happen to get a course you don't like they're happy to bring you something else.

Another option is the Remy Dessert Experience (Pompidou’s Patisseries Desert Experience) which has been offered in the afternoon on sea days on the Fantasy. I don’t know whether it is still offered. We did this Remy experience on the Christmastime Cruise. Our adult children find the Remy dinner experience a bit over the top and Palo brunch is a favorite for our family. Everyone enjoyed this dessert experience! No foamed foil gras or other high cuisine. It’s still pricey, but for us was a way to enjoy the Remy environment outside of dinner and brunch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you all for your thoughts. I am definitely going to book the Remy brunch.

We love Remy! Although nothing wrong with Palo, Remy is as close to Victoria and Alberts as we choose to normally afford. We often try to do both the Champaign Brunch as well as at least one dinner there. Remy dinner offers two regular options - we have enjoyed both, but the last few times I have asked the chef to "Surprise Me" (a line from the movie) which has led to a truly fantastic meal every time!

My wife enjoys the Champaign Brunch even more than the dinners, and if we have to make a choice, that is her choice every time.

Edited by DaKa2002
Add info