Free Laundry & Future Cruise Discounts

Stumblefoot

Silly questions really...

We just booked a voyage in 2019 on the Shadow which is the ship that started our love affair with SS. When we board in February at Hong Kong, it'll have been just a bit over 10-years since that first voyage to Alaska all those years ago and we'll surpass 100-days of sailing with SS.

1. Does the timing of free laundry on SS begin on the first day of the voyage you'll surpass 100 sailing days, or does it begin on the actual 100th day?
  2. Does the 5% savings on future sailings apply to all new future bookings made, or just one new booking made after the 100-day mark?

We just booked a voyage in 2019 on the Shadow which is the ship that started our love affair with SS. When we board in February at Hong Kong, it'll have been just a bit over 10-years since that first voyage to Alaska all those years ago and we'll surpass 100-days of sailing with SS.

1. Does the timing of free laundry on SS begin on the first day of the voyage you'll surpass 100 sailing days, or does it begin on the actual 100th day?
  2. Does the 5% savings on future sailings apply to all new future bookings made, or just one new booking made after the 100-day mark?

Not a silly question at all.

The 5% discount applies to all cruises taken after one reaches 100 days. At 250 days it becomes 10%.

My memory is that you are judged to have reached a certain number of days when you step on the ship that will take you to that threshold. So, if you board a ten night cruise with 93 nights under your belt, you will have all benefits immediately. My memory may be faulty. :)

I love free laundry, SS have me hooked on that. Don't forget to ask for clothes to be folded towards the end of the trip so you can just put them straight into your cases. The clothes will then come back wrapped in tissue paper, rather than on hangers and it makes the awful business of packing to go home so much easier.

Rp

Thank you very much Tothesunset and Observer! Much appreciated.

Yippee to both indeed, 57 Varieties!

We just passed that milestone while on board our last cruise, and we are looking forward to getting free laundry on board Silver Wind in September.
Congrats JP! Maybe this will help reduce the # of bags we carry our trips. ;)

Don't forget to ask for clothes to be folded towards the end of the trip so you can just put them straight into your cases. The clothes will then come back wrapped in tissue paper, rather than on hangers and it makes the awful business of packing to go home so much easier.
Absolutely brilliant! Thanks for the tip RP.

You are right on both. Your travel agent should calculate the savings on your 100th day an credit the 5 percent difference on your final payment. Laundry will be the same. On your 101th day it should be free. You will also get a certificate delivered to your room.

And for a 2019 Wind cruise we get 5% Venetian,5% onboard,10% for 250 days and 10% for paying in full.Starting to get reasonably affordable.:cool:
You and Ann are my heroes. It'll take us another 15-years to reach 250-days, IF WE'RE LUCKY!

You are right on both. Your travel agent should calculate the savings on your 100th day an credit the 5 percent difference on your final payment.
Ah Ha! That is what those extra savings were for on our invoice. I had no idea (don't think the TA did either) and just figured SS offered an additional Venetian Society discount since our particular voyage doesn't appear to be selling too well.

You will also get a certificate delivered to your room.
Cool! Maybe we'll be able to find a special frame on our 100th day when we're in Saigon (oops, I mean Ho Chi Minh City ;)).

And for a 2019 Wind cruise we get 5% Venetian,5% onboard,10% for 250 days and 10% for paying in full.Starting to get reasonably affordable.:cool:

I should hope so... after 250 days, you've probably spent around half a million dollars with Silversea. ;)

Don't forget to ask for clothes to be folded towards the end of the trip so you can just put them straight into your cases. The clothes will then come back wrapped in tissue paper, rather than on hangers and it makes the awful business of packing to go home so much easier.

Rp

What a good idea - I wondered who'd spot that first, Sgt Wilson!

That's the great thing about this forum - add together all these great hints and tips and the you really benefit from shared experience.

Ooooooo!

I love the folded laundry idea!

Great news Stumble!

The free laundry may sound inane to some, but it's so wonderful.

I wish it meant I would pack less, alas, judging from my history, it does not.

We reach 250 very soon. I can't wait for the extra per cent!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

All that plus $300 OBC from Amex Platinum, a bottle of Dom and an OBC/rebate from travel agent. Plus, we are accruing days towards another free week!

Ah, life is good.

Ah, life is good.

Yes, it is.

Anybody who gets to go on a SS cruise (even a partial charter, 'booze cruise' from Hell ;)) is better off than 99.9% of the people in world.

Yes, it is.

Anybody who gets to go on a SS cruise (even a partial charter, 'booze cruise' from Hell ;)) is better off than 99.9% of the people in world.

I’ll have to disagree with you there Bill. People that I know who have recently paid a few hundred pounds for an all inclusive 3 star cockroaches paradise in Ibiza have had a far better holiday and were treated with far more respect than I was on my recent £10,000 couldn’t give a damm 6 star ultra luxury cruise that promised the world but delivered purgatory. If you don’t deliver what you promise then for heavens sake put it right. Don’t make it worse by denying all responsibility and then make threats to the people that you have short changed. Personally I’d never have booked a bargain bucket holiday but if I had I couldn’t have been treated worse than the way this absolutely deceitful untrustworthy shower of a company that took my money under false pretences have treated me. They may be under the mistaken belief that I will give up and go away quietly but I make a promise to Silversea that not only will I pursue them legally for every penny that I am entitled to but I also intend to make public their utter contempt for the people that they take money from under false pretences.

Yes, it is.

Agreed. I find I have a bit of personal guilt associated with enjoying such an indulgence when millions of people on the planet are without a clean source of water, food security, or have been displaced due to war, religious intolerance or other factors.

It reminds me of the posts from various cruisers shortly after the devastating hurricanes in the Caribbean, complaining that their itineraries had been changed, when the people on the islands were struggling with lack of power and total destruction of their infrastructure.

Sometimes it is helpful to take a step back and appreciate the tremendous good fortune it takes to be able to even afford one of these cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sometimes it is helpful to take a step back and appreciate the tremendous good fortune it takes to be able to even afford one of these cruises.
Yes, a wonderful reminder.

We feel so very fortunate to be able travel the way we wish and experience so many wonderful ports of call, enjoyable service, and pleasant fellow passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk