Photos From Our Visits To Singapore

Keith1010

Hello Manisan,

Many thanks for your suggestions ! We will be in Singapore in December for 4 days before our cruise on Celebrity Millénium (from Singapore to Hong Kong). I start my research for visiting, but it's a little difficult for me to organize the days.. We want to see the Colonial District, Chinatown, Bugis /Little India /Arab street /Kapong Glam, Esplanade/Merlion, Marina Bay Sands and Gardens by the Bay, Botanic gardens, Orchard road...

Can you help me for my planning, please ?

Thans in advance for your help... and I apologize for my english, I'm french, and I learned at school.. but it's far..)

Muriel

Below is my suggestion. Singapore is very hot during the day, so pls avoid outdoor activities during these time (11am to 4pm) & go for long lunch & shopping or even go back to rest in your hotel.

Day 1

Afternoon 3-4pm

Gardens by the bay (2 domes are very cooling), sky walk - dinner around there - sound & Light show at 7:45pm or 8:45pm (free)

Day 2

Morning

Arab Street - Kampong Glam - Bugis - Lunch & shopping in Bugis area - Raffles Hotel - CHIJMES - St Andrew's church

Evening

Start at 6pm Esplanade - One Fullerton - Dinner - walk to Marina Bay Sands 8pm show or 10:30pm show (free)

Day 3

Morning

Botanic garden - Orchid Garden - Orchard Road shopping & lunch

Afternoon at 4pm (Sentosa)

Siloso Fort - Pahlawan Beach - Beach Station - walk to Merlion - Dinner outside Universal Area - show 8pm

Day 4

Morning

Little India (few temples) - lunch in Little India - China town - Buddha Relic Temple

Evening

Clarke Quay & Boat Quay

Keith,

Thanks so much for the gorgeous pictures! I wasn't sure what to expect in Singapore, but now I'm excited.

We're stopping there for one day (7a-5p) during our world cruise and were just planning to use the HOHO bus. Do you know if any of your suggested stops are on the HOHO route? Have you taken the HOHO there?

I personally wouldn't recommend HOHO bus. At $35/pax, it will be cheaper & flexible to take a taxi (or grab) if you have 2 of you since you can probably only cover 2-3 places.

https://www.citytours.sg/singapore-hop-on-hop-off-bus-schedule.html#city-attractions-route

Hello Manisan,

Thanks so much for your suggestions !

Our flight arrives à 4 PM at Singapore on the 4th december. I think that we will be at our hôtel for 6 or 7 PM.. Do you think it's doable to go to the Esplanade, for a first night view ?

And the Carlton is near of CHIJMES, which seems a beautiful place.. We have 3 plenty days (5,6 and 7 th december) and we will be on the Celebrity Millénium on the 8th. But the boat leaves Singapore only on the 9 th december (6 PM). So, we have again time for visiting these two days..

Your planning will certainly help us ! Thanks again !

Muriel

Hello Manisan,

Thanks so much for your suggestions !

Our flight arrives à 4 PM at Singapore on the 4th december. I think that we will be at our hôtel for 6 or 7 PM.. Do you think it's doable to go to the Esplanade, for a first night view ?

And the Carlton is near of CHIJMES, which seems a beautiful place.. We have 3 plenty days (5,6 and 7 th december) and we will be on the Celebrity Millénium on the 8th. But the boat leaves Singapore only on the 9 th december (6 PM). So, we have again time for visiting these two days..

Your planning will certainly help us ! Thanks again !

Muriel

Absolutely doable, just swap day 1 & day 2 evening schedule. You can walk to Esplanade from Carlton Hotel. From Esplanade, just walk across the bridge to One Fullerton. Then, I suggest crossing the road to have dinner at Lao Pa Sat (200m walk). If you still have the energy, then walk towards MBS to watch Spectra light & water show. Daily 8 & 9pm.

I hope we will have the energy because we want to see so many things ! Thanks, I note your suggestion for Lau Pau Sat- (which was on my to do list) and, another day, I think also to go to Makansutra Gluttons Bay ?

For Clarke Quay, what do you think about the Singapore river cruise on a bumpoat (just 30/40 minutes) ?

I hope we will have the energy because we want to see so many things ! Thanks, I note your suggestion for Lau Pau Sat- (which was on my to do list) and, another day, I think also to go to Makansutra Gluttons Bay ?

For Clarke Quay, what do you think about the Singapore river cruise on a bumpoat (just 30/40 minutes) ?

I tend to feel the food at Makansutra not as good as the one in Lau Pa Sat (similar types of food), that's why I suggested the latter.

As for the River Cruise, I think it's up to individual. As a local, I wouldn't pay $24/person for it, but visitors may find it worth while.

We will be spending two days in Singapore before a cruise. I’ve read lots of recommendations for hotels and places to see. We will be staying at the Marina Bay Sands. Can someone please tell me if it’s walking distance from the MBS to some of the recommended attractions (e.g. Gardens by the Bay, Clark Quay, Orchard Road.? We also want to see Chinatown & Little India. Any itinerary ideas for navigating to these places from Marina Bay Sands.

Can anyone help me?

We will be spending two days in Singapore before a cruise. I’ve read lots of recommendations for hotels and places to see. We will be staying at the Marina Bay Sands. Can someone please tell me if it’s walking distance from the MBS to some of the recommended attractions (e.g. Gardens by the Bay, Clark Quay, Orchard Road.? We also want to see Chinatown & Little India. Any itinerary ideas for navigating to these places from Marina Bay Sands.

Can anyone help me?

Gardens are right behind the MBS. There is a bridge and special exit to the gardens right from the MBS.

Orchard, Chinatown etc. can be reached by MRT. The MBS complex has its own MRT station. Fast, cheap and extreeeemly clean :-) The network is great.

I tend to feel the food at Makansutra not as good as the one in Lau Pa Sat (similar types of food), that's why I suggested the latter.

As for the River Cruise, I think it's up to individual. As a local, I wouldn't pay $24/person for it, but visitors may find it worth while.

HOWEVER, Makansutra is the only place where I found the delicious Coffee Pork :D

Personally I find Lau Pa Sat nice, but a bit touristy. We prefer the more "local" food centers - People´s Park Complex, Andrew Center...

I can also recommend a Din Thai Fung restaurant for some Dim Sum - oh, getting hungry... :D

Hello Miaminice,

I note for the delicious Coffee Pork, and for Din Thai Fung restaurant.. Have you another recommandations, for visiting... or eating, please ? Thanks in advance !

Yael

Sure!

We have just been to beautiful Singapore for a whole week.

Just send me an email to oliver (at) travelandcruise.net and I can send you a link to our daily reports...

I think you might get some ideas from them.

Gardens are right behind the MBS. There is a bridge and special exit to the gardens right from the MBS.

Orchard, Chinatown etc. can be reached by MRT. The MBS complex has its own MRT station. Fast, cheap and extreeeemly clean :-) The network is great.

Miaminice! Thank you very much for the information.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for starting this thread and including the great pictures!

I will be cruising on Celebrity Millennium in February 2020. Although the cruise is some time away, this thread has been a wealth of information.

The hotel recommendation of the Andaz Singapore has really captured my attention! Great reviews and certainly is a stay that would interest me.

I would like to plan a stay for about 7 days prior to cruising to enjoy Singapore. Does anyone know if the Andaz Singapore hotel is close to the cruise port?

Thanks again for the thread and any replies to my question! I will be sure to post a link to this thread for the roll call of our sailing.

Safe travels to all! :)