Costa Maya excursions for family?

CButler1188

Hi all,

My family and I are going on our first cruise in August, on the carnival fantasy. It stops at the Cozumel and Costa Maya ports. We booked an excursion for the day in Cozumel through Mr. Pancho’s resort. We haven’t yet set anything up for Costa Maya. Does anyone know of any excursions that don’t go through Carnival, like a Mr. Pancho’s, that will be suitable for a family of 5? Keep in mind we have 3 little ones, so there’s a lot of things that may be out of the question. Or is it better to just wing it? I’ve read there is plenty to do inside the port, and there are taxis waiting outside of the port. I was just hoping to get some ideas. Thanks all, happy sailing! clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

We went to Maya Chan with our 3 yr old and 7 yr old. We all loved it. The food and service were amazing. We were given a nice shaded structure with comfortable seating. We were also given sand toys for the boys to play with. They are very up front that they are not a "perfect" beach. There is some sea grass, but it wasn't bad when we were there and they have someone always raking it out of the way. The kayaks and floating chairs were free and available to use. We liked the fact that they only allow a certain number of people on any given day, so it won't be crowded. Everything is included in the price, so you don't have to worry about being charged for food, drinks, seats, shade structure, etc. We will definitely go back if we get another cruise to Costa Maya.