Princess - Unlimited Soda & More Package

Libby13

Hi, we are sailing on the Emerald Princess in July as first time cruisers and were wondering about the Unlimited Soda & More package. Has anyone had this before and could tell me what sort of things are included? For example are bottles of water included or could I get those free anyway? Any advice greatly appreciated!

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions before July :rolleyes:

The Princess Soda and More Package includes:

• Fountain sodas dispensed at the bars and dining rooms--generally Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Club Soda, Tonic Water. It does not include any sodas available only in cans: Orange, Root Beer, Diet Sprite, Diet Tonic Water.

• Non-Alcoholic Cocktails (what Princess refers to as "mocktails"): there is a menu of them at each bar but you are free to ask for any mixed drink sans spirits.

• Other Juices and Mixers. But alas not fresh-squeezed orange juice.

• Milkshakes from the poolside ice cream stand. I can report that on Emerald Princess a month ago they were available and included in the package, though Princess removed them from the "official" listing at the beginning of the year.

It does not include bottled water, but you can pre-order through the cruise personalizer a pack of 12 half-liter bottles for US$6.90. On the ship bottled water is only sold singly. But many people simply bring refillable water bottles and keep them in their room fridge; tap water on board is quite pure.

(Bottled water and fresh orange juice is available with the All-Inclusive Beverage Package should you be contemplating including spirits)

I see you have posted on your roll call; feel free to ask any questions on the Princess board as well.

The Princess Soda and More Package includes:

• Fountain sodas dispensed at the bars and dining rooms--generally Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Club Soda, Tonic Water. It does not include any sodas available only in cans: Orange, Root Beer, Diet Sprite, Diet Tonic Water.

• Non-Alcoholic Cocktails (what Princess refers to as "mocktails"): there is a menu of them at each bar but you are free to ask for any mixed drink sans spirits.

• Other Juices and Mixers. But alas not fresh-squeezed orange juice.

• Milkshakes from the poolside ice cream stand. I can report that on Emerald Princess a month ago they were available and included in the package, though Princess removed them from the "official" listing at the beginning of the year.

It does not include bottled water, but you can pre-order through the cruise personalizer a pack of 12 half-liter bottles for US$6.90. On the ship bottled water is only sold singly. But many people simply bring refillable water bottles and keep them in their room fridge; tap water on board is quite pure.

(Bottled water and fresh orange juice is available with the All-Inclusive Beverage Package should you be contemplating including spirits)

I see you have posted on your roll call; feel free to ask any questions on the Princess board as well.

Yep.

Wish they'd drop the shakes, still trying to drop 10kg they put on me last cruise:eek:.

Thanks fishywood sounds well worth getting with all that included. Shame about the water as I tend to drink a lot of that but I'll get a bottle to refill (or maybe a couple so I've got a few on the go!)

GUT2407 sounds like the milkshakes are good then!! I'll have to try and ration them :cool:

Thanks fishywood sounds well worth getting with all that included. Shame about the water as I tend to drink a lot of that but I'll get a bottle to refill (or maybe a couple so I've got a few on the go!)

GUT2407 sounds like the milkshakes are good then!! I'll have to try and ration them :cool:

If you like bottle water, you can buy 12 bottles pack before your cruise for $6. and change. Once on board you can't not buy the package.

Forget the water package. Ship's water is just as good if not better than bottled. We take a couple of water bottles with us. Fill the water bottles half full of ice, which is always in the fridge, fill with water and we are good for the day. Can refill bottles in café and most bar tenders will refill them for you.

Thanks geocruiser, we saw the option to buy the water package but didn't realise you could only get it before you go.

The package can only be brought from their web site. On board the same bottle cost $2. plus tip.

It was a 34 day cruise so I guess I didn't do too bad.

They can also vary in quality according to who is making them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

What is the brand and type of bottled water? Is it spring, mineral or filtered tap water?

What's the PH balance of the water? This is crucial to me, I have to drink alkaline water due to massive acidity issues.

I know seems silly but majorly impacts my vacations. My last trip in Mexico was at a Secrets resort ... very high end but bottled water was all filtered tap. I was sick all trip.

The Soda and More package also includes hot chocolate. My husband got it on the Regal last month; we purchased as soon as we boarded, and it was $7 per day. I believe they charge more on the website. He actually got hot chocolate a couple of times because we had coolish weather on our cruise.

The Soda and More package also includes hot chocolate. My husband got it on the Regal last month; we purchased as soon as we boarded, and it was $7 per day. I believe they charge more on the website. He actually got hot chocolate a couple of times because we had coolish weather on our cruise.

It is more online because they add in the 15% gratuity, which they will do on board as well.

What I am still wondering is if they $5 fruits smoothies sold at horizon are included for free in the soda and more package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is more online because they add in the 15% gratuity, which they will do on board as well.

What I am still wondering is if they $5 fruits smoothies sold at horizon are included for free in the soda and more package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In another thread somebody said the smoothies are also included .... would be nice to get confirmation.

• 1 year later...

Hi

Anyone know if this is Princess wide? Really disappointed with Princess if so. Was on Caribbean Princess at the end of August last year and Milkshakes were still included in the Soda and More.

On Sapphire soon and wondered if anyone knew what’s happening with it on there?