Last Minute Offers

Last minute offers? This is not Regent's "thing". Instead, they offer passengers on cruises before and/or after the cruise that is not selling well a great price to extend their cruise. In my opinion, it is better to offer these discounts to Regent customers than to people that may only sail Regent once because of the "sale" and never again. Regent also offers upsells to people already booked on a cruise. This fills the upper suites and allows for people that want less expensive suites to book them (at full price).

For a couple of years, Regent was discounting sailings in the U.K. (much to the displeasure of people in the rest of the world). Now for slow selling itineraries, Regent offers extra benefits which could include booking one category of suite and being upgraded up to 3 levels at no additional cost (the last time I checked, this only applied to people in the lower category suites).

We have taken advantage of upsells, cruise extensions, etc. and have appreciated them.

Have you ever received a Regent last minute offer? What was it? Did you take it? Why or why not?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just realized that I likely responded incorrectly on my last post. You were talking about "offers" not discounted cruises. So, as mentioned, we have taken last minute offers. The thing to watch out for is where the suite you are being offered is located. We received an upsell offer to a PH suite on our first Voyager cruise. The price was good so of course we took it. Unfortunately, most PH-A suites on the Voyager are under the pool deck. Lesson learned - we will never book a suite under the pool deck again. So, while you need to respond to an upsell offer quickly, take the time to check out where the suite is.

In terms of cruise extension offers, you also should check on the location of the suite. In general, extension offers are amazing and a great well for Regent to fill suites. We are hoping to get an extension offer on one of our cruises that does not seem to be selling well

On previous Regent cruises, we have had a handful of fellow passengers tell us that their cruise was just spur of the moment, as their TA offered them the cruise with substantial savings. One said that a week after they returned home from one Regent cruise, they were offered a greatly reduced fare cruise sailing in 3 weeks. Also, just wondering how the G & H cabins are sold when a 3 category upgrade is offered for the cruise. Do these cabins sell at a reduced rate?

There are a few people (very few) that I've spoken with that book Regent cruises at reduced prices (not necessarily last minute) - hopefully they will post. We did find a "covert rate" on a TA website last year - notified our TA about it who in turn contacted Regent. We did get the rate but it did not include anything other than the cruise - no specials that were offered (or OBC's) were available.

The lowest suites are typically the first to be booked so, unless people booked in them took an upsell, they would not be available. Upsell costs are dependent upon how many categories up you are moving. So, someone in a G or H suite would be paying one heck of lot of money to upgrade except maybe to a concierge suite which isn't worth it for most returning passengers since they already get most of the benefits offered in the concierge suites.

Do you know if the handful of people were from the U.S. or Canada? I ask because, as mentioned above, there have been some fairly amazing specials in the U.K.

We received an upsell offer too, just a few days before we are scheduled to leave. In our situation, it just seems like a last minute chance at a money grab. They try to convince you to pay extra to move from a H cat to concierge or penthouse cat, yet the benefits of early reservations, or hotel are not included. We politely declined.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In 300+ nights onboard we have once had an upgrade offer, it was about a 30% discount on the extra cost of the upgrading. So little incentive, we declined.

Also once had an offer whilst onboard to stsy on for next segment. Never got to learn at what rate as we couldnt extend.

These both uk re uk bookings. Read before about uk specials on this site but never found any.

UK bookings start at big disadvantage to US bookings. Cancellation charges kick in immediately on booking.

To clarify my question about the G & H cabins: an example would be on the Alaskan cruises not selling well, and Regent offering a 3 category upgrade. Do people already booked get an upgrade? Are those cabins that have been passed over or upgraded sold at a reduced rate?

I was wondering about this as well. We are booked in a PHA cabin (not under the pool area) on a Navigator cruise that seems to be selling very poorly as we got a great deal on the cruise. As it is only a 7 day cruise it would have to be a very tasty upgrade to justify it but the next levels of cabin are quite a step up. Anyone had a good offer on an upgrade beyond a PHA or have an opinion on what a good deal may look like?

There are so many variables ... the length of the cruise, the area you are sailing in, etc. We have paid $5,000 to upgrade from a PH-C to a Master suite and $1500 to upgrade from a regular suite to PH (that was quite a long time ago). Costs vary quite a bit.

While I haven't looked at the current promotions, they used to only do the upgrades for new bookings and for lower suite categories (you could not book a PH-A suite and be upgraded to a Grand Suite for instance).

We were supposed to be on the Mariner T/A, right out of dry dock. A week or two before sailing we received 3 offers to upgrade from an H to a Concierge, with none of the Concierge benefits. Each offer was less $. We turned down all three offers. We ended up not taking the cruise because 3 days before boarding, Regent offered us a choice of 4 or 5 future cruises, with appropriate suite upgrades as compensation for giving up our suite on Mariner. We ended up trading the newly refurbed Mariner T/A for a Barcelona to Venice on Voyager, in August. We were upgraded to a Penthouse C on the rear of the ship, along with all of the amenities that went with that category suite for giving up the Mariner cruise. This will be our first Regent cruise.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app