Airport/Hotel Transfer - several days prior to embarking

We will be arriving in Vancouver the Sunday before our Wednesday, July 25th departure. With our package, it states that ground transfers are included. Because we will be coming in several days prior, our TA said it was not possible to transport to the hotel through Regent, only on the day before departure - we will have to set up transportation.

Has anyone had airport/hotel transfer (included) through Regent several days prior? 5 of our party will be arriving close together, the other two later that night.

Thanks

Nope. Not in your situation. You have to arrange you own. But that is why you have an agent. Just order a "meet &greet" transfer to the hotel. The cost is little more than a Taxi ride cost. Vancouver is an easy City to just get a cab from airport to City on your own on arrival if you don't want to make prior limo booking.

Depending upon the hotel you plan on staying in, it should not cost much for a taxi. If you book the Pan Pacific Hotel (the one across the street from the cruise terminal), you can easily walk your luggage across the street and down a ramp to check in.

I would just take a taxi. In Vancouver, it is really easy and not that expensive.

Rachel - I'm so confused by this thread that I don't know what to say (unusual for me). I think that I understand that they need transportation from the airport to the hotel rather than from the hotel. Do you recall what you paid for a taxi to the port? I've seen signs in the airport that state that it would be $50 for transportation to Vancouver. This is likely because the traffic near the port may be some of the worst that I've seen.

As much as I enjoy living 50 miles from Vancouver, I would rather eat a snake than have to drive to the port (and our embarkation experiences have been madness although I understand that this isn't a problem for some people).

We will be arriving in Vancouver the Sunday before our Wednesday, July 25th departure. With our package, it states that ground transfers are included. Because we will be coming in several days prior, our TA said it was not possible to transport to the hotel through Regent, only on the day before departure - we will have to set up transportation.

Has anyone had airport/hotel transfer (included) through Regent several days prior? 5 of our party will be arriving close together, the other two later that night.

Thanks

Did you book flights and hotel through Regent

Travelcat, really not sure what is confusing by this thread? Just asking about transportation from airport to hotel.

I think I saw on tripadvisor that there is a flat fee to get to certain zones in Vancouver (possibly $30?). Regardless, looks like we'll be cabbing it.

Seaknots, we booked 2 nights with the TA and air and 1 night with Regent. This confirms the reason why we don't get airport transfer.

Thanks for your feedback everyone! Counting down the days!

2 years ago we flew to Vancouver 2 days pre cruise and booked the extra days stay via our TA with our booked regent cruise on Mariner,

We were picked up at airport by Regent, along with another couple form the U.K. doing likewise.

Day of cruise we walked from Four Seasons which was the Regent hotel , a nice short stroll and our luggage was transported from Four Seasons to Mariner and delivered to cabin no problems.

Most of the guests staying there did the same actually walking down to the terminal.

Have a great cruise. Jean.

Depending upon the hotel you plan on staying in, it should not cost much for a taxi. If you book the Pan Pacific Hotel (the one across the street from the cruise terminal), you can easily walk your luggage across the street and down a ramp to check in.

The Pan Pacific is actually directly above the cruise terminal. They are actually part of the same building. It's the Fairmont Waterfront that is across the street and the Fairmont Pacific Rim another block away.

We'll be at the Four Seasons. Not sure how far that will be, but I do know Regent will be transfering us to the ship.

The Four Seasons is only about 4 blocks from the terminal. If you didn't have luggage, you'd probably prefer to just walk it.

Travelcat, really not sure what is confusing by this thread? Just asking about transportation from airport to hotel.

I think I saw on tripadvisor that there is a flat fee to get to certain zones in Vancouver (possibly $30?). Regardless, looks like we'll be cabbing it.

Seaknots, we booked 2 nights with the TA and air and 1 night with Regent. This confirms the reason why we don't get airport transfer.

Thanks for your feedback everyone! Counting down the days!

Since other Regent folks have confirmed your initial question (no 'free' transfer) I'll clarify cabbing for you. Walkup cab queue at YVR does have fixed cost zones - most downtown hotels are in the $31 zone, including the Four Seasons (which has a very serious caveat right now - the owners have fallen out catastrophically with Four Seasons group and are not renewing their contract to run the hotel, citing the total lack of investment in new furnishing, general renovations etc. by the group [some public areas have seen no renos since the hotel was built in 1976!] Many reports over several years have stated that this is one of the worst Four Seasons hotels around, due to the old and tired decor & furnishings, so you may want to consider a different hotel not just because of the relative scruffiness but also long-term staff are already leaving for jobs in other hotels before the place shuts down entirely).

Aside from the hotels named above as right on/next to the pier, there are only a handful of others in the $35 Canada Place zone. Aerocar also operate fixed price rates for limos on a walkup basis at YVR - roughly double the price of a cab for a towncar that handles 3 with generous luggage or 4 with fewer bags.