World Cruise 2019

lenaldi

As of July 8, 2018 everyone who booked the World 2019 is able to book shore excursions. I went online at 9 AM and quite a few were already sold out. No wait list option. I had to call Regent to get on the wait list.

Nothing is being offered in some ports where we are staying for 2 days for second day. What is the point for second day without tours? So much for "unlimited".

The most disappointing to me - there are no tours offered on segment start/end days. In such exiting ports like Rom, Dubai, Singapore, Papeete we have no idea what we will do, if anything at all. We booked World cruise as a single itinerary, not as b-to-b. Regent MUST let us know ahead of time what excursions will be available.

I am starting this thread hoping for all World 2019 cruisers to insist on Regent offering tours in Rom, Dubai, Singapore, Papeete and for the second day in Sydney, Hong Kong and Ho Chi Minh.

Edited by lenaldi
spelling error

lenaldi,

we were on the 2018 world cruise. Please be a little patient. Not all the excursions, especially for a cruise this long, will show up on the first day. For us, all excursions for the start/end ports eventually showed up, but it was probably around two months after bookings opened. We did not have any problems booking the excursions we wanted.

So, give Regent a little time, there will be tours. In contrast to B2B cruises where excursions on turnover days can only be booked on board, world cruisers were able to book these like any other excursions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You might also look at “overland tours” on the days that you are in port for two days and it is not a transition day. I missed this completely for our upcoming 2019 Bangkok to Hong Kong cruise. I couldn’t understand why only two excursions were showing for Hanoi and only on the first day in port. I happened to look at the original offering (I had saved it under the “saved cruise” tab) rather than in booked cruises. Under the land, hotel, pre and post offerings, there is a third tab for overland programs. They cost extra, but this allows us to see Hanoi. It would be great if they would show up on the excursion PDF rather than digging into the website. Hope this helps.

Other posters have often commented that there are often special offerings for those traveling back to back segments or world cruisers.

Thank you, BBWC.

The booking was opened 2 months ago for other cabin categories. So, it has been already 2 months. But, I feel better now. I wish Regent agent, I spoke to, would give me similar explanation. I was told "we are not offering anything in these ports". We'll wait.

Thanks, I did. There are no overland tours offered in ports I mention. But, even if they were - they are not free. I am talking about regular tours, similar to those on first day. So, we can take one tour on one day and another on second day.

Don't worry about having free tours or space on a tour. We were on the 2018 world cruise. But we didn't book until two weeks before final payment and took one of the last two suites that were open at the time.

Of course, many of the Free tours in the popular ports were full. In fact, in Bora Bora and Papeete, all were full! I decided which tours we would like to do, called and got on the wait list for those. In some ports we waited listed two or three tours. By the time we sailed we had cleared the wait list for all the ones we really wanted. Note: that just because one you have wait listed for in a port clears you can take it and still leave the wait list on any others. So you do have a good chance to get what you really want, are assured of at least a tour.

Also there were tours added once we were on board especially for the change over days...some really good ones that we changed to. But some that didn't get enough people to sign up for or the provider cancelled were dropped and we had to find another tour. You will get your tickets at the beginning of each segment for that segment plus an up date on new tours or changes in any tours.

Don't worry to much this far out. Once you get closer to the sail date the places that don't have tours listed now will have some.

We are only doing the first leg and I too had to call and get wait listed for some tours.

I do appreciate that it might be different for us i the UK, but I was told how many people were ahead of us on each tour and that if sufficient numbers were wait listed for a particular Regent would look at adding another coach/boat on, subject to availability.

We are going to forget about it till nearer the time and if still not cleared the wait list, we will look into doing any tour we feel we can't miss independently.