re meat pies

• 2 weeks later...
So going back to the subject....if in the Mascot - Sydney area, try....Patchetts Pies

www.patchettspies.com.au

All sorts of pies but ye olde English pork pies are their speciality. They have a café/bakery. The owner hails from Yorkshire, England.

Gee if they opened in 82 I must have been among their first customers.

Gee if they opened in 82 I must have been among their first customers.

You could have been mate. Patchetts Pork pies are available in most Woolworths Delicatessens, about $3.50. Eat 'em cold with a nice chutney, pickled onion and a lump of cheddar.

Stop press: Dick Smith Foods has closed due to poor sales and big losses, Dick blames Aldi. I will have to get out and buy a hundred jars of Ozemite which is GF. His Tomato Sauce is not bad either, but twice the price of Aldi. So no more of Dick' sauce on one's pie.

Edited by NSWP

You could have been mate. Patchetts Pork pies are available in most Woolworths Delicatessens, about $3.50. Eat 'em cold with a nice chutney, pickled onion and a lump of cheddar.

Stop press: Dick Smith Foods has closed due to poor sales and big losses, Dick blames Aldi. I will have to get out and buy a hundred jars of Ozemite which is GF. His Tomato Sauce is not bad either, but twice the price of Aldi. So no more of Dick' sauce on one's pie.

No way am I putting that anywhere near my pies.

Big Mal’s in trouble for eating a pie with a knife and fork, shades of Billy boy last year and his bbq sausage on a roll eating it sideways, should DQ both of them from holding any Aussie office.

Big Mal’s in trouble for eating a pie with a knife and fork, shades of Billy boy last year and his bbq sausage on a roll eating it sideways, should DQ both of them from holding any Aussie office.

I often eat a pie with cutlery, especially if it is in a restaurant. Otherwise it is finger food like the one I had just now. Bacon and Cheese (meat) pie.

Big Mal has a bit of decorum then for a Banana Bender, he might even drink his Fourex Gold from a glass.:') Good lad.

I often eat a pie with cutlery, especially if it is in a restaurant. Otherwise it is finger food like the one I had just now. Bacon and Cheese (meat) pie.

If the said pie deconstructs easily, then it is proper to use a knife and fork, even those plastic ones you get sometimes at the bakeries. Otherwise it is gravy all down one's white shirt.:o

Big Mal has a bit of decorum then for a Banana Bender, he might even drink his Fourex Gold from a glass.:') Good lad.

But Mals not a Banana Bender, he’s a cockaroach.

Ahhh I get it you call this big Mal MT.

If the said pie deconstructs easily, then it is proper to use a knife and fork, even those plastic ones you get sometimes at the bakeries. Otherwise it is gravy all down one's white shirt.:o

Why are you wearing a shirt when eating pies, you must be properly educated. :p

Mal is from Sydney.

Born in Sydney

Spent a lot of t8me with his grandfather in Cessnock and Heaven. (Don’t get my dad started on moving them from Cessnock to Wangi, still reckons they owe him money nearly 60 years later)

Mal is from Sydney.

I have had a 'Seniors moment.' You mean Malcolm T the PM NOT Big Mal Meninga of Rugby League fame?

Idiot I am.

Well yes the PM should use a knife and fork.

Why are you wearing a shirt when eating pies, you must be properly educated. :p

Not really Mic, I left school @ 14, my old man told me to go and out and get a job, so I did.:halo: I have self educated since, including TAFE and Uni.:halo:

Not really Mic, I left school @ 14, my old man told me to go and out and get a job, so I did.:halo: I have self educated since, including TAFE and Uni.:halo:

Yeah I was a bit older but same story.

I have had a 'Seniors moment.' You mean Malcolm T the PM NOT Big Mal Meninga of Rugby League fame?

Idiot I am.

Well yes the PM should use a knife and fork.

LOL, he had a very short stint in politics, didn't last long at all.