POA terminal to HNL airport

Whitnee1

No problem. The airport is 15 minutes away by taxi.

BTW: As you enter the airport terminal, you must stop and have all of your checked luggage scanned at an agriculture station. They will affix a tag that will allow your bags to be checked in by the airline. No plants, fruits, or veg. Your handcarry will be scanned by both TSA and the agriculture department at the security check point.

That should be plenty of time assuming that you dock on time. Don't forget the agricultural inspection, and make sure that you get your carry ons checked too, or you will be back in line. Either take a cab or an Uber to the airport. It is a 15 -20 minute drive, though early in the morning it can take 30 minutes depending on traffic.

A third thumbs up - Can-Do - avoid taking car pooling transportation with others.

You will want to avoid making multiple other airline stops before getting to yours.

Everyone in the same car or bus to the same airline is OK.

At the airport:

As noted by the two posters before first thing do the Hawaii Agricultural Check-In

then to the Baggage Check-In then the TSA security check point and off to the

gate - time permitting shop for last minute souvenires - get a bite to eat if your

airline does not provide food - have affinity airline club membership wait there

for your flight to be called or simply walk about garden grounds of the airport.

Sad regrets and a big tearful ALOHA in leaving paradise - its been nice !

• 1 month later...

How long does the whole airport process take? We have a 12:30 flight and I wasn't worried until I read all of this.

Also, do we need to do early walk off or should we have time for the normal disembarkation?

How long does the whole airport process take? We have a 12:30 flight and I wasn't worried until I read all of this.

Also, do we need to do early walk off or should we have time for the normal disembarkation?

For a 12:30pm flight either way will work - the walk off is better giving you more control of your time to do

last minute things. - If taking the NCL fee provided transfer service you will be fine here also but with less

time lingering around for last minute things.

Arriving at the airport - the agricultural check point unless you are smuggling contra band fruits vegetables

nuts should take all of about 2-3 three minutes - the checking of your luggage depending on the airlines

should take no more than 5-10 minutes - walk to the TSA check point varies with location of your airline

and that check point give 5 minutes - waiting time getting though should be less than 10 minutes.

Now the issue of gate location - is it near the terminal within walking distance of do you need to take the

wiki-wiki bus to the remote gate location - still yet should be not more than 15 minutes. So up to now you

have spent about 30 minutes in a rush to get inside the security zone - so what do you do browse the gift

shops grab a bite to eat at a snack bar - have affinity club membership with an airline use it. Wait for your

flight to be called board it and think wonderful thoughts and regrets leaving the island paradise - ALOHA !

Relax you are still on island time and either methods the walk-off taxi or NCL fee transfer service will work.

The walk-off gives you more independent time to linger the last moments of your time on the island.

Helpful LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/getting-to-the-pier/driving-directions#Honolulu

pan down to Honolulu - - -

ALOHA !

You will have plenty of time with either - suggested for comfort the walk-off (WHEN READY) and take a

cab to the airport.

The NCL fee transfer service will work but is time constraint - no side trips to shop eat linger etc.

As a question note: What airline are you using for a better idea of what to expect ?

While each airline has its own unique situation the difference in time from check-in -TSA- to the gate is not

all that big a deal - those airlines that use a remote gate (wiki-wiki system) need an additional 15 minutes

to successfully insure timely gate check-in - but in essence if you have checked your baggage you are

logged into the airline computer system and only need to be at the gate at door closing time. Suggested

that you don't tarry or linger getting to the gate in the last 30 minutes - your carry on baggage may not

go in the overhead bin.

You will have plenty of time with either - suggested for comfort the walk-off (WHEN READY) and take a

cab to the airport.

The NCL fee transfer service will work but is time constraint - no side trips to shop eat linger etc.

As a question note: What airline are you using for a better idea of what to expect ?

While each airline has its own unique situation the difference in time from check-in -TSA- to the gate is not

all that big a deal - those airlines that use a remote gate (wiki-wiki system) need an additional 15 minutes

to successfully insure timely gate check-in - but in essence if you have checked your baggage you are

logged into the airline computer system and only need to be at the gate at door closing time. Suggested

that you don't tarry or linger getting to the gate in the last 30 minutes - your carry on baggage may not

go in the overhead bin.

Thanks for the info. We are on Hawaiian air. I have TSA Pre but hubby does not. There is a chance we will be flying first class. Still waiting for the points to come through to "purchase" the upgrade.

I've heard awful things about the Wiki Wiki. Can we have our taxi drop us at terminal 1 and then can we simply walk if we don't mind a slightly longer walk? It looks smaller than end of A to end of B at Baltimore.

Unless I have hours to spare, I'm a get to the gate kind of person. I don't relax until I am close to the gate.

I recently had multiple Hawaii flights. And found, TSA overall required more time. I do have TSA precheck, and still took a lot of time in lines. Everywhere was slower and more checks were required.

Shouldn't be any problem making this flight time, but, I'd be leaving the port by 9:30a/ There is a cab line.

Stress is a wonderful thing! Just when we thought we had it all figured out it rears its ugly head. We have an 11:30 am flight out of HNL bound for the east coast. We thought we were fine but our airline changed the itinerary and backed up the time of our flight. What is the max time to be off the POA and at the airport. Any suggestion would be most helpful!

Thank you.:confused::confused:

Stress is a wonderful thing! Just when we thought we had it all figured out it rears its ugly head. We have an 11:30 am flight out of HNL bound for the east coast. We thought we were fine but our airline changed the itinerary and backed up the time of our flight. What is the max time to be off the POA and at the airport. Any suggestion would be most helpful!

Thank you.:confused::confused:

I'd suggest being in transit by 9am. Cruise unload days are especially busy at HNL.