Serenity area sunshine

Heimey

Hello all!!!! Can anyone tell me if the Serenity area on the Sunshine is still adults only? We were told on our last Vista cruise that Carnival was going to be getting away with adult only areas.

Thanks a lot in advance

Heimey

Hello all!!!! Can anyone tell me if the Serenity area on the Sunshine is still adults only? We were told on our last Vista cruise that Carnival was going to be getting away with adult only areas.

Thanks a lot in advance

Heimey

Curious as to who told you Carnival was doing away with adults only Serenity? Was it another passenger, or a crew member?

We were on the Sunshine at the end of May. It is still 21 and up. Most of the policing is done by the passengers. They pretty much yelled at any kid that thought they were going to get into the pool.

You had to get there early, like 7:30 am if you wanted a seat by the pool. Chair hogging was in full force.

Thanks a lot in advance

Heimey

Adults only.

• 3 weeks later...

We're thinking of cruising the Sunshine in October when it has moved to Charleston. I've been reading reviews and they're mostly good except several negative comments about the serenity having children there. The reviews said the staff did nothing to police the area. We've cruised on the Fantasy many times and the serenity was always adults. The serenity is very important to us as it is the only area of the ship we hang out during the day. If a passenger reports the children will the staff ask them to leave, or are the staff afraid to make anyone angry?

If the Serenity area is important to you, you're in luck! IMO, the Sunshine has the BEST Serenity area of all the ships I've been on (26 cruises worth). The last time I was on the Sunshine, the staff did police the area, both to keep under 21s out and to put stickers on the chairs for chair hogs.

Thanks a lot in advance

Heimey

They might be confusing this with the AFT pools on several ships that were previously adult only until recently.