Vista - thermostat in the rooms motion controlled?

mjonis

Dumb question, but after my last trip to Hawaii and sweating up a storm at night, I finally discovered that the hotels we were at put motion sensing thermostats in the rooms, so that when you went to sleep, it would shut off the AC and you'd wake up in a pool of sweat.

Does anyone know if the thermostats in the Carnival Vista cabins are motion-controlled?

(FYI, the Hlton Garden Inn in time square is also that way, which we didn't know when we stayed at like the hottest day--haha)

We were on the Horizon june 25-july 3, first 2 nights the room was very hot at night then we discovered we had to put a card in the card slot to keep lights, AC or plugs to work !

We were on the Horizon june 25-july 3, first 2 nights the room was very hot at night then we discovered we had to put a card in the card slot to keep lights, AC or plugs to work !

^ this. a card must be inserted in the slot when you walk in the door. We put it in there and kept it in there

I'm fairly certain that they all turn on by motion. Why else would my husband and I both wake up sweating on a cruise but not at home. And that duvet cover is so thick I can't move my legs. It would be interesting to see if an oscillating fan triggers the AC.

Hmm that I recall I’ve never noticed a slot for a card. Maybe I just over looked it? Are they on just certain ships/cabin types?

Yes, the new ships, Breeze, Vista, Horizon and refurbished ships (Victory etc) have a control by the door in which you put any kind of credit card sized card (you can even use business cards....LOL) and it turns on lights etc. PLUS it does control the A/C. We just left our card in the slot on the Vista but on other ships, our steward kept pulling it out when we were not in the cabin....uggghh (we always turned off the lights, but we wanted the A/C to keep working so the cabin stayed cool (we were in balcony and they sometimes heat up even with drapes closed when in direct sunlight).

Not motion controlled. Could alcohol or illness been a factor?

About Horizon - I folded a piece of paper and put it in the slot and everything was happy, happy. But even when removed, the bathroom light still worked (unlike some other ships). Maybe more.

I'm fairly certain that they all turn on by motion. Why else would my husband and I both wake up sweating on a cruise but not at home. And that duvet cover is so thick I can't move my legs. It would be interesting to see if an oscillating fan triggers the AC.

The duvet is a different issue. So is what you sleep in. Synthetics are not your friend.

Dumb question, but after my last trip to Hawaii and sweating up a storm at night, I finally discovered that the hotels we were at put motion sensing thermostats in the rooms, so that when you went to sleep, it would shut off the AC and you'd wake up in a pool of sweat.

Does anyone know if the thermostats in the Carnival Vista cabins are motion-controlled?

(FYI, the Hlton Garden Inn in time square is also that way, which we didn't know when we stayed at like the hottest day--haha)

We cruised the Vista for 2 weeks in May, and the cabins were comfortable. No they do not have motion detectors!