Pride: Baltimore Embarkation Time

debnrick

Thanks.

From what I understand' date=' they have room for so many cars to line up by the gate before the lot opens, but when that area is full, then they start sending cars to drive around the block.

I'm wondering if it might be worth it to get there earlier (10:00 or 10:30), to be sure to get a "spot" in line, and then sit there relaxing in the car until the lot opens.[/quote']True you could do that if your family/group has the patience. But just to warn you the only bathroom during that wait will be a porta-potty. So if you decide that's what will work for you make a mandatory pit-stop prior to entering the port area.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

True you could do that if your family/group has the patience. But just to warn you the only bathroom during that wait will be a porta-potty. So if you decide that's what will work for you make a mandatory pit-stop prior to entering the port area.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

Thanks. We're less than an hour away, so it's really a matter of how much we are willing to wait at the pier (in the car and terminal combined) vs. waiting at home.

We like boarding a mostly empty ship, and waiting on home with the kids all anxious to leave vs. having to wait patiently in the car.

Thanks.

From what I understand' date=' they have room for so many cars to line up by the gate before the lot opens, but when that area is full, then they start sending cars to drive around the block.

I'm wondering if it might be worth it to get there earlier (10:00 or 10:30), to be sure to get a "spot" in line, and then sit there relaxing in the car until the lot opens.[/quote']

I wouldn't the one time we got to the lot early they wouldn't let cars line up because they need access to the lot for taxis. I would plan on get to the lot between 11:00 and 11:30, assuming the ship is on time.

Wow, I totally missed this late arrival when I just booked my cruise for October. The last time we sailed from Baltimore we boarded at 11 and when we disembarked it was 8 am. This is a bit disappointing because we have an 8 hour drive ahead of us and hoped to on the road early. anyone know why the ship comes in so late in the morning?

Wow, I totally missed this late arrival when I just booked my cruise for October. The last time we sailed from Baltimore we boarded at 11 and when we disembarked it was 8 am. This is a bit disappointing because we have an 8 hour drive ahead of us and hoped to on the road early. anyone know why the ship comes in so late in the morning?
The ship was late so often because of weather and such that they decided to just schedule it later

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Terminal doors do not open until 11:30am

Yes. We just did this in May. Don't forget to go to the FTTF entrance. Ask if you don't know where it is. Got there at 11am, in our cabin by 12:30pm. Have fun!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I feel like I've seen conflicting information about times here and on FB, so I checked the cruise.maryland.gov site which states (italics mine):

Embarkation Information

Important information for departing passengers:

• The cruise terminal entrance opens at 8:00 a.m. or two hours after the ship arrives; however, do not arrive prior to the embarkation time on your ticket.
  • Please have your ticket ready upon entering the Cruise Maryland Terminal Building.
  • Due to security restrictions, no one will be allowed in the passenger building without a valid cruise ticket and government photo ID or valid passport (preferred).
  • Identify all your bags including carry-ons, using your cruise line luggage tags. Tags should be completed and affixed to each piece of luggage before you arrive at the terminal. If you do not have tags, upon entry to the terminal, visit the tent marked "Cruise Luggage Tags" (located on your left as you enter) to receive your tags.
  • All visitors will be required to present a valid government-issued photo ID upon entering the cruise terminal (e.g., state driver's license, passport or official identification with photograph). All minors must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
  • Refer to the cruise line's website for instructions on procedures prior to your cruise.

I now know to label my carry-ons:D Based on the previous cruise arrival time it looks like doors will be open anytime between 8:00 (probably for Grandeur) and 12:00.

Also:

IMPORTANT: Change in documentation & check-in requirements for U.S. departures; Effective Immediately - ALL CRUISE PASSENGERS

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security require all cruise lines to provide final passenger manifests 60 minutes prior to departure from U.S. ports. This means that ALL passengers must arrive at the pier for check-in, at least 90 minutes to 2 hours, prior to the ship's scheduled departure time, so they can be processed and onboard, at least 60 minutes before sailing, or they can be denied boarding. This is a major change, from the current boarding procedure!

Since we depart at 5:00, it sounds like we must arrive by 3:00-3:30.

Assuming no changes in arrival times, we will plan to leave home (3-3.5 hour drive) around 8:00. I've seen posters on other threads express concern about not staying in town the night before, but if we potentially can't even get on the lot before noon I can't see leaving much earlier. I also don't realistically see travel delays that will double the length of time to get to the port causing us to miss the ship.

Am I missing something?

• 3 weeks later...