Shakes and cheers program

We6crooze

Don't fight the battle, you will never convince some to do the right thing if they think they can get away with it.

While they may not overtly steal things they will pick up that camera you left behind for a minute or pocket that lost wallet found on the ground just as they will scheme a shake for someone else to avoid paying. Same type person.

Often, my daughter and I will share a shake at a local ice cream shop. If I was paying almost $60 a day for Cheers, a would do the same.

you dont see a difference between the 2?

hint - if you BOUGHT the shake on the ship you would be free to share it with your daughter too....

Yep, sharing shakes with your kid is a gateway drug. Next, you’ll be robbing convenience stores. And then....serial killer. We all know this. Resist the temptation.

Quoted For Truth

I like this guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

you dont see a difference between the 2?

hint - if you BOUGHT the shake on the ship you would be free to share it with your daughter too....

You did buy the shake... with the cheers program

• Like 1

I'm not getting Cheers because I don't drink enough & DH doesn't drink at all, but learning about the milkshakes onboard, I just realized I'm going to have to triple what I planned on spending onboard as soon as my grandson finds out about them!

You did buy the shake... with the cheers program

no, you bought a program for YOU to drink where it is specific not to share

when you go to the buffet do you buy one and give all the food to your family because 'you bought the buffet?'

seriously , this is your argument? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

An alternative to shakes would be getting soft serve and adding lemonade, stir and have a frozen lemonade. Or if the kids have bubbles, soft serve plus soda of choice for a float. Not a milkshake, but a way to work within the rules and the kids still have a frozen drink.

We will have to try the lemonade next time! We just used milk (vanilla or chocolate) from the Lido buffet at breakfast. Try adding some flavored vodka or rum, yum!

We will have to try the lemonade next time! We just used milk (vanilla or chocolate) from the Lido buffet at breakfast. Try adding some flavored vodka or rum, yum!

My suggestion as well. You can also use the Strawberry soft serve for the strawberry shakes. Although they won't be as pretty as the formal milkshakes they do taste good.

• 6 months later...
On 7/13/2018 at 7:20 AM, schazzy said:

Just ice cream shakes, chocolate, strawberry, vanilla or any combination of the three, I did choco-vanilla mixed with a swirl of chocolate sauce, DH did strawberry-vanilla with a swirl of chocolate sauce, both were so good! Also, they will put booze in them if you want! You get them from the coffee bar or the shake spot next to the coffee bar, depending on which ship you are on.

Can you get booze in them with cheers? 🤔 I feel like that's 2 drinks and they won't let you. I can't believe I never thought about shakes being included! 

On 2/1/2018 at 8:03 AM, pacruise804 said:

As others have said, it is against the rules to share drinks (any type of drink) from your Cheers package, and the bubbles program unfortunately only covers soft drinks.

An alternative to shakes would be getting soft serve and adding lemonade, stir and have a frozen lemonade. Or if the kids have bubbles, soft serve plus soda of choice for a float. Not a milkshake, but a way to work within the rules and the kids still have a frozen drink.

Good idea.  You can also put the soft serve in orange juice to make a 'creamsickle" shake.  Or add a little vodka (from your von voyage bottle)  for an adult version.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SugarStar00 said:

Can you get booze in them with cheers? 🤔 I feel like that's 2 drinks and they won't let you. I can't believe I never thought about shakes being included! 

They have spiked milkshakes and coffee drinks on the menu and they are included in cheers. Also, you can order an alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink at the same time.

3 hours ago, schazzy said:

They have spiked milkshakes and coffee drinks on the menu and they are included in cheers. Also, you can order an alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink at the same time.

Wait!  You can actually order one alcoholic and one non-alcoholic drink at the same time with your Cheers?  

I was already sold on Cheers, because I want to be able to try the Alchemy Bar drinks and not worry about feeling bad that I paid for something that I don’t like enough to drink.  But I also liked the idea of being able to order a bottle of water on a regular basis, so I could have some in our cabin for in the late evening and early morning.  I thought it might be a little annoying, but had just planned on making extra stops at bars to get the bottle water, since I was under the impression that I could only order one drink at a time.

5 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

Wait!  You can actually order one alcoholic and one non-alcoholic drink at the same time with your Cheers?  

I was already sold on Cheers, because I want to be able to try the Alchemy Bar drinks and not worry about feeling bad that I paid for something that I don’t like enough to drink.  But I also liked the idea of being able to order a bottle of water on a regular basis, so I could have some in our cabin for in the late evening and early morning.  I thought it might be a little annoying, but had just planned on making extra stops at bars to get the bottle water, since I was under the impression that I could only order one drink at a time.

Between my friends and I, I tried about 6 menu drinks and probably 15 off menu drinks and 1 wasn't anyone's favorite, but was still drinkable at Alchemy. (The strawberry with smoke and 2 rums. Tasted like a strawberry daquari got left by a campfire) 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

I know they gave me two bottles of water at once. They only seem to care about alcohol sharing on Cheers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MississippiMom said:

Yep, and if you order a coffee drink, you can also get a bottle of water at the same time. Getting two non-alcoholic drinks at the same time was kind of hit or miss depending on the bartender.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2018 at 10:59 AM, dani85bri06 said:

I get the cheers program and get shakes and share them with my daughter! I could not drink a whole one with out getting a belly ache, so we get two straws and both drink from it. The other half would just get thrown in the trash if she didn't help!! I am positive I'm about to get blasted by the rule ****'s...but if the worst thing I did was stick two straws in a shake and drink it with my daughter then I'd say I am doing pretty damn good!! I have never had a problem with any crew members doing this either!!

You wouldn’t like it if you were on day two of a 7 day cruise and had Cheers revoked for the rest of the cruise without a refund for getting caught sharing drinks.  Granted the last time I saw this happen the guy was a jerk to put it nicely, so I think the staff enjoyed revoking his Cheers. 

28 minutes ago, schazzy said:

Yep, and if you order a coffee drink, you can also get a bottle of water at the same time. Getting two non-alcoholic drinks at the same time was kind of hit or miss depending on the bartender.  

Cheers is all new to me, so sorry for asking, but if I walk up to the coffee bar in the morning with mine & my husband’s S&S Cheers cards, will I be able to order for both of us?  Or does he have to be standing in front of the barista?  I tend to be an earlier riser, and like to eat a little bit by myself, and enjoy some “me time” on the deck, just watching the ocean.  Then, I head back to the cabin with a small breakfast something for hubby, so we can take our morning meds, grab the kids, then go eat breakfast together.  It sure would be nice to take advantage of the fancy coffee included with Cheers, without dragging the hubby there in the morning.

7 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

Cheers is all new to me, so sorry for asking, but if I walk up to the coffee bar in the morning with mine & my husband’s S&S Cheers cards, will I be able to order for both of us?  Or does he have to be standing in front of the barista?  I tend to be an earlier riser, and like to eat a little bit by myself, and enjoy some “me time” on the deck, just watching the ocean.  Then, I head back to the cabin with a small breakfast something for hubby, so we can take our morning meds, grab the kids, then go eat breakfast together.  It sure would be nice to take advantage of the fancy coffee included with Cheers, without dragging the hubby there in the morning.

I have never had a problem using my wife’s card to order her a drink when she wasn’t there with me, or vice versa. However, I have read posts on this site where people have had problems doing this. 

8 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You wouldn’t like it if you were on day two of a 7 day cruise and had Cheers revoked for the rest of the cruise without a refund for getting caught sharing drinks.  Granted the last time I saw this happen the guy was a jerk to put it nicely, so I think the staff enjoyed revoking his Cheers. 

Love the “Cheers police!”  Pretty sure it’s the person making the shake that gives me 2 spoons and straws for it!  Somehow I think it’s people like you that care more about sharing than the people that actually work for the cruise line!  🙄 Better for my kid to drink part of it than leave the rest sitting in the glass to be trashed!  👍 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dani85bri06 said:

Love the “Cheers police!”  Pretty sure it’s the person making the shake that gives me 2 spoons and straws for it!  Somehow I think it’s people like you that care more about sharing than the people that actually work for the cruise line!  🙄 Better for my kid to drink part of it than leave the rest sitting in the glass to be trashed!  👍 

So if a crew member does their job and bans someone from Cheers after repeatedly telling a passenger he couldn’t share his drinks with other passengers, he is considered the “Cheers police”?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

We were able to do that after the barista got to know us after the first couple days, and like PhillyFan said they were able to as well, but others report having issues with it, so your results may vary. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, dani85bri06 said:

Methinks you are missing the point.

If you share drinks from a drinks package and you get caught, you run the risk of having the package cancelled with no refund.

The risk increases if you are not very discreet about it.

In all likelihood, if you shared a milkshake with your child once and a while it is doubtful anyone will say anything.  But if you do it blatantly you will likely be immediately warned, and if it happens again (and now they will be watching for it) you will lose the package.

If the rules like this aren't enforced, then people would share all the time, and Carnival would see revenues decrease, which would cause them to either hike the price or cancel the program.

So if you choose to flout the rules, don't wonder why those of us who just want to keep the package available at a low price suggest otherwise.