Booking a Large Group in the Steakhouse - Is this Possible?

Silc

My fiancé are getting married while sailing on the Carnival Miracle in March 2019. We are not using Carnival for the wedding. What we would like to do is book Nick and Nora's Steakhouse as our reception venue the evening of our wedding. Does anyone have any experience booking large groups in the steakhouse? I asked the question in the Wedding/Honeymoon thread, but so far, I've just had a lot of lookers - and no responders!

If anyone has done this in the past, I'd appreciate any input you may have!

Thanks!

Silc

You can but it won't be private (i.e. you can't book the entire restaurant). I was on a cruise where there was a very active social media group and they booked the group at the steakhouse (I think it was about 50 people). The steakhouse obliged with giving them all the same seating time (when they wouldn't normally sit everyone at once) but made it clear that they would seat other people throughout the evening at available tables.

I believe they arranged it through a group co-ordinator (the same people who arrange for the cocktail parties, etc.).

and a quick google search turned this up:

The Group Event Planning Department can assist eleven (11) or more guests, with a common group booking number, to make advance Steakhouse reservations. Contact Group Event Planning at eventplanning@carnival.com and provide the group number, preferred date, time and party size.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4250/kw/group%20event%20planning/session/L3RpbWUvMTUzMTQ4Njc0Mi9zaWQvZlVzaHI1ZGZXUExNX2lJODNFJTdFMVlNYlpDZ09HR0U0dG5oUDFlYnRZWXJFVjhLYWNuJTdFcG1MWjBGa3h3WE83TjdROXBTc0Jsbl91ZzBfR2dTeEo1a0tkNDNaS0tqanhtcV9EM2lWQ0loeSU3RUpvOHBjMXNSb2VpbmZBJTIxJTIx

My fiancé are getting married while sailing on the Carnival Miracle in March 2019. We are not using Carnival for the wedding. What we would like to do is book Nick and Nora's Steakhouse as our reception venue the evening of our wedding. Does anyone have any experience booking large groups in the steakhouse? I asked the question in the Wedding/Honeymoon thread, but so far, I've just had a lot of lookers - and no responders!

If anyone has done this in the past, I'd appreciate any input you may have!

Thanks!

Silc

I would start here:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1126

and a quick google search turned this up:

The Group Event Planning Department can assist eleven (11) or more guests, with a common group booking number, to make advance Steakhouse reservations. Contact Group Event Planning at eventplanning@carnival.com and provide the group number, preferred date, time and party size.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4250/kw/group%20event%20planning/session/L3RpbWUvMTUzMTQ4Njc0Mi9zaWQvZlVzaHI1ZGZXUExNX2lJODNFJTdFMVlNYlpDZ09HR0U0dG5oUDFlYnRZWXJFVjhLYWNuJTdFcG1MWjBGa3h3WE83TjdROXBTc0Jsbl91ZzBfR2dTeEo1a0tkNDNaS0tqanhtcV9EM2lWQ0loeSU3RUpvOHBjMXNSb2VpbmZBJTIxJTIx

get your agent to book that now. The longer you wait the less chance of getting all of you in there. you will not all be at the same table thats for sure.

Thanks everyone. I have spoken with my travel agent about it, and I have also looked at the info on the Carnival website. Guess I was just looking for anyone who had personal experience with it, how they booked it, and how the evening worked out for them.

The well wishes are much appreciated!

Silc

We were able to reserve for 16 in our party through regular reservations We had two tables one for 10 and one for 6. I believe it was a bit later than what we had hoped to get but we had a great time.

Thanks everyone. I have spoken with my travel agent about it, and I have also looked at the info on the Carnival website. Guess I was just looking for anyone who had personal experience with it, how they booked it, and how the evening worked out for them.

The well wishes are much appreciated!

Silc

It was awhile ago, but I booked the steakhouse on one of the CCL ships for my group of 40 people. We could only have a 5:30 dining time, but that was all right with us. It WAS a CCL group, so I just went through my group coordinator to make the reservations and I paid for the entire group in advance. It was a very nice time and everyone was very happy with the food and service.