First time cruiser missed the "boat" with show reservations please help

nluv

Leaving on Allure a week from today (July 22) tried to reserve stuff online with the cruise planner. Got drinks WIFI etc. However, every time I tried to book a show it would charge me so I didn't do it as I thought the entertainment was free. So I finally call today and they say they are all booked no open spots. I want to see mamma mia and auria. We have a family of 4 traveling together. Any advice on how to get tickets?

Thanks for your time.

You go to the show theatre and queue up. About 10 minutes before show starts they allow those who have not booked a seat to enter to take the seats of the nó shows. There can be a good number of nó shows, but your party need to turn up early to get one of these seats.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Forums mobile app

There is not an option to "add" them. Just an option to pay for them... Called and they said they are all booked :(

I've never seen a dollar amount when reserving a show, just an add to cart option with $0.00.... Very curious what the dollar amount was? that kept you from adding it to the cart. I would have called Royal Caribbean right away, once seeing a charge. Very confused by this...

:eek: :confused:

There is no charge for these shows. When I booked them in cruise planner it acted like I was going to be charged but it was a price of $0.00

I wonder if what you are seeing now is that VIP front tie seating charge Royal was trying out. Anyone know if Royal is still doing that?

In any event you and your family will need to go line up for the show(s) you want to see and about 10 minutes or so before the start of the show they will allow everybody to enter even those without tickets.

The OP can simply go to the entrance of Studio B after boarding and should have no problems reserving all shows for preferred time except for the comedian. They will need seapass numbers for all that are reserving and the time and show. Best to try and figure out which show they want to speed it up.

At the comedian show they will have to line up about 1 hr (30 Minutes before doors open) before the show starts. About 10 min before show time they let in overflow from the unreserved

Read on one of the threads that RCL has premium seats in the theatre for a fee. Saw this on our Easter Allure cruise and located in front/center.

To the Op, I've been told that RCL keeps 25% in reserves for on board booking.

As soon as you board got to Boleros or an assigned kiosk in the Royal Promenade where RCL staff take reserves.

There is no charge for these shows. When I booked them in cruise planner it acted like I was going to be charged but it was a price of $0.00

I wonder if what you are seeing now is that VIP front tie seating charge Royal was trying out. Anyone know if Royal is still doing that?

In any event you and your family will need to go line up for the show(s) you want to see and about 10 minutes or so before the start of the show they will allow everybody to enter even those without tickets.

wow...not on the cruises I have been on. Almost impossible for the comedy show & many times the water show is full.

The water show has few actual shows & not as much seating as the theater.

Yes, the price is for an upgraded showing. Says to book onboard for all other. I will try to get this nailed down right when I get there. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my post.

Anthem had a special booking for We Will Rock You that cost something like $50, but it included a meeting with cast members and drinks before the show. Only time we have seen a charge for shows.

Leaving on Allure a week from today (July 22) tried to reserve stuff online with the cruise planner. Got drinks WIFI etc. However, every time I tried to book a show it would charge me so I didn't do it as I thought the entertainment was free. So I finally call today and they say they are all booked no open spots. I want to see mamma mia and auria. We have a family of 4 traveling together. Any advice on how to get tickets?

Thanks for your time.

Your cruise is next week. When did you start trying to book the shows? If it was recently, I would not be surprised that all online booking slots were full.

As others have said here, when you board, go to Studio B on Deck 4, where there will be a temporary "BOX OFFICE" set up. You should be able to book most if not all of your shows then and there. Ask for the comedy show first; that is the hardest to get into, because of the size of the venue. But there are 15 performances. (18 and older only; I don't know the age of your kids)