We’ve booked! First Marella Cruise

We’ve booked our April 2019 Cruise in the Middle East after much deliberation. Never been to the region so all new ports and reassured by Discovery being an ex Royal Caribbean ship, a line we have enjoyed.

This is the first majorly itinerary led Cruise we’ve booked so it’s the destination that’s attracted us first but keen to see how Marella suits us. It’s also an adult only cruise and has easy direct Dreamliner flights (we experienced TUI Dreamliner in Jan and it was the best economy/charter flight we’ve had).

Long time to wait though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did the Middle East Jan 2017 and due to all the wonderful excursions needed a rest when I got home!! Reasonably priced too If youre having an overnight in Dubai can really recommend the Burj kalipha evening trip - sorry if I've spelt that wrong Also the dhow trip through the 'ffiords' (in Oman I think) was good Check out the excursions on line

I did the Middle East Jan 2017 and due to all the wonderful excursions needed a rest when I got home!! Reasonably priced too If youre having an overnight in Dubai can really recommend the Burj kalipha evening trip - sorry if I've spelt that wrong Also the dhow trip through the 'ffiords' (in Oman I think) was good Check out the excursions on line

Thanks. That’s very helpful. The Marella excursions look quite reasonably priced. Looking forward to an overnight in Dubai, Muscat and Jordan. It’s really refreshing to go on a cruise to places we’ve never been too. Brings back the excitement of our first ever cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thomson's as it was then, used to do a Red Sea Magic cruise from Sharm to Jordan [for Petra and Wadi Rum] and Egypt [Port Sokna for Cairo],and a desert island day, before the recent troubles.

It was fantastic, so good that we did it again the following year.

I have booked on the Discovery for Colours of the Far East. We are really looking forward to that as it is our first time that far east!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've tried searching for the Jordan to Dubai cruise and can't find anything near it.

Jordan to Dubai 2018 - Authentic Arabia 1 - Discovery - 22nd November - 6th December

Copy & paste this link :-

https://www.tui.co.uk/cruise/bookitineraries/Authentic-Arabia-1-055432?itineraryCodeOne=055432&itineraryCodeTwo=&shipCode=150012&mc=false&isMCTracs=false&isStayBefore=false&stayDuration=0&cruiseDuration=14&duration=8-14&noOfAdults=2&noOfChildren=0&childrenAge=&from[]=BHX:Airport&flexibility=false&noOfSeniors=0&when=22-11-2018&sailingDate=22Nov18&to[]=L49245:CruiseArea&packageId=15428706000001542899100000TOM47215441237000001544136900000TOM4471180362658/3/1421/14ZI03&index=3&brandType=null&addAStay=0&cabin[]=1,2&dp=BHX&bb=AI&cabinOnly=false&room=&mcId=055432|T&searchVariant=FLY_CRUISE_ATCOM

Currently showing £1361 inside but your TA may be able to improve - ours was £1000 2 weeks ago from ours for an OS

https://*********************marella-discovery/22-november-2018_c160181

Hmm seems I cant post the link, go to Iglu cruises, put thomson cruises in the search, nothing else, and the deal comes up

Cruise Critic rules say you must not name other TA's on these forums thats why your link won't post. TUI link I posted will post due to it being the cruise line not the TA.

Cruise Critic rules say you must not name other TA's on these forums thats why your link won't post. TUI link I posted will post due to it being the cruise line not the TA.

A bit of an outdated attitude in present times, especially on a help forum but I suppose rules are rules.

A bit of an outdated attitude in present times, especially on a help forum but I suppose rules are rules.

They're doing it to protect their advertising revenues from TA's who advertise on here, which doesn't necessarily mean we get a good deal from them. Shopping around is always best. The TA you mentioned has advertised on here in the past, but I used their price and went to mine who gave me an ocean view for the price they gave for an inside. I notice ours is going up by quite a bit more than we paid so I assume its selling well. The TUI site price has gone up to over £400 each more than we paid 2 weeks ago.

They're doing it to protect their advertising revenues from TA's who advertise on here, which doesn't necessarily mean we get a good deal from them. Shopping around is always best. The TA you mentioned has advertised on here in the past, but I used their price and went to mine who gave me an ocean view for the price they gave for an inside. I notice ours is going up by quite a bit more than we paid so I assume its selling well. The TUI site price has gone up to over £400 each more than we paid 2 weeks ago.

Sorry, I wasnt sticking my nose in 😬

It was just in response to your post which read “Currently showing £1361 inside but your TA may be able to improve” I thought I had found a better price is all (y)

Sorry, I wasnt sticking my nose in 😬

It was just in response to your post which read “Currently showing £1361 inside but your TA may be able to improve” I thought I had found a better price is all (y)

I didn't think for a minute you were sticking your nose in :halo: after all thats the idea of these forums to help each other. You may well have had a better deal at the time. Today the TUI site is showing £1371, I dont know what my TA is doing it for now. The prices are almost changing daily. The previous link to the TUI website has broken I presume due to the price change so if anyone is still looking for it. Looks like no more Birmingham, only Manchester and Gatwick according to the site that cannot be named :cool::cool:

https://www.tui.co.uk/cruise/bookitineraries/Authentic-Arabia-1-055432?itineraryCodeOne=055432&itineraryCodeTwo=&shipCode=150012&mc=false&isMCTracs=false&isStayBefore=false&stayDuration=0&cruiseDuration=14&duration=8-14&noOfAdults=2&noOfChildren=0&childrenAge=&from[]=BHX:Airport|BFS:Airport|MAN:Airport&flexibility=false&noOfSeniors=0&when=22-11-2018&sailingDate=22Nov18&to[]=&packageId=15428724000001542899100000TOM47215441237000001544136900000TOM4471180362658/3/1421/14ZI03&index=11&brandType=null&addAStay=0&cabin[]=1,2&dp=BHX&bb=AI&cabinOnly=false&room=&mcId=055432|T&searchVariant=FLY_CRUISE_ATCOM

Un named site now saying 1169 inside 1205 outside

Still a couple of £00's cheaper than TUI direct - bargain I say. First time for me on Marella - can't wait to try it. At these prices hopefully won't be the last.