A SENSATIONAL Wedding - Carnival Sensation June 11, 2015

Just wanted to check in and let you know how AMAZING this entire weekend was. I cannot wait to share all of the details and pictures when we come home from our honeymoon next week. DO NOT hesitate to book a wedding on the Carnival Sensation - every tiny little detail was over the top wonderful. Here's a picture sneak peek - stay tuned!

ImageUploadedByForums1434305660.396035.jpg.4a9f9f22f077e7869c32514108d266d7.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1434305539.358265.jpg.c18d58a5277d58ac4fe24eef62bc322d.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1434305567.841485.jpg.a7b5820f3356abde8812b881cba9dcee.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1434305613.197270.jpg.643ed3339862af9234cd0bc055b4060c.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1434305629.377931.jpg.fd1a95c8a232d5577fa62f9cf312940b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My first cruise was on the Carnival Dream and it was for a wedding so I knew what to expect. Jon had heard me rave about how great it was and when we were engaged we didn't even have to think twice about it! Since he is a teacher we had spring break or summer break (and since I'm an accountant spring break was out - tax season) so summer it was! June was our best time so we called and asked about available dates and pretty much had our pick so we decided on 3 nights with a stop in Nassau on the Carnival Sensation June 11, 2015!

A Planning Timeline

August 4, 2014 - We're engaged!

August 18, 2014 - Booked wedding cruise

Late August 2014 - Chose wedding party (I had 3 guys and he had 1 girl on his side) so we sent 2 different cards asking friends/family to be in our wedding

September 2014 - Sent save the date cards

October 2014 - Picked girls dresses - we went with "malibu" from David's Bridal in chiffon and they were to pick whatever style they like

November 2014 - Found THE dress! Tux style picked out too

December 2014 - Ordered flowers (bouquet, boutonnieres, corsages, and cake picks)

January 2015 - Booked hair/makeup (my cousin and her husband came with us - I just paid for her half of the trip). We also ordered our custom map to use as our guest book

February 2015 - Ordered cake topper and pins for grandmothers

March 2015 - Started on guest welcome bags - drawstring backpack tied with ribbon, lanyard with card holder, sunglasses, sunscreen, cup, bottled water, timeline, and Funtimes room directory (for the sailing guests)

April 2015 - Ordered anchor earrings and Carnival gift cards for the girls gift and one for my cousin doing hair/makeup

May 2015 - Sent out invitations (we only sent these to our guest list - there is no point in sending an invitation to someone who has already RSVP'd "No"). Finalized guest list. Finalized ceremony outline and details. Finalized reception details.

June 2015 - Finish packing and relax!

My parents have a huge truck with an enclosed back so they helped us tremendously by getting most of these things to Florida for us! Besides packing our normal bags we were ready to go! We checked and rechecked our lists, bags, and documents. After packing up and getting the house situated we headed to Florida on Tuesday June 9, 2015. We spent the afternoon getting pedicures, I had my manicure done, we ate dinner and just relaxed.

Here are the pictures that show most of the items I've discussed in planning above. If there's something I don't show that you'd like to see just let me know and I will post it or send it to you. I also have files for the timelines, Funtimes, etc.

Note - some of these pictures are screenshots and are poor quality - sorry!

Wedding Party Cards (the one's for the girls were each customized to match their hair color/style as close as possible!)

il_570xN.612848532_dtvd_zpsyxfywhcf.jpg

unnamed_zpsuicdr6ib.jpg

unnamed%201_zps7iow5xcc.jpg

Save The Dates

il_570xN.651557187_sodm_zpsov1y8fs7.jpg

Malibu Color and Tux

temp_collage_1435067809.668807%201_zpshbwgsgzs.jpg

Flowers

My bouquet and Jon's boutonniere

il_570xN.733773503_8aej_zpsyrfwtitu.jpg

Flowers Continued

Guys boutonnieres (also fathers) and girls wrist corsages

il_570xN.733639830_lqtx_zpsfzk0bqp5.jpg

Mother of Bride wrist corsage

il_570xN.753987935_pcbq_zpsqa1katbv.jpg

Mother of Groom wrist corsage

il_570xN.765351712_ifh2_zpspqwwnm98.jpg

Custom Map

2015-05-24%2010.22.34_zpsudcfihsw.jpg

Cake Topper

il_570xN.650370242_2h9u_zpsrapi8zjy.jpg

Grandmothers Pins

51dWXDOOZYL_zpsf2gctia6.jpg

Guest Welcome Bags

2015-06-15%2019.19.54_zpsimbsfyru.png

2015-05-21%2011.29.54%201_zps1eqyr8xm.jpg

2015-06-11%2000.59.41%201_zpsvz67usxp.png

Invitations

We changed the RSVP card to an information card about the welcome dinner since we already had RSVP's!

il_570xN.733195446_hbk2_zpstyasi1cs.jpg

Dress Hanger

This was a surprise from my mama!

2015-05-05%2016.14.43%201_zpsbiidsfww.jpg

I am getting married July 27 2015 on the Carnival Splendor out of NY. Did you get married on board while it was docked and then friends and family who are NOT staying leave? thats what we are doing. i am extremely nervous but i have been working with Jenny from Carnival for months now shes great. Also did they charge alot for photos and did you get VIDEO? sorry so many questions i am a nervous wreck lol

I am getting married July 27 2015 on the Carnival Splendor out of NY. Did you get married on board while it was docked and then friends and family who are NOT staying leave? thats what we are doing. i am extremely nervous but i have been working with Jenny from Carnival for months now shes great. Also did they charge alot for photos and did you get VIDEO? sorry so many questions i am a nervous wreck lol

That's exactly what we did - we had 68 sailing guests and 27 non-sailing. You will be fine, seriously do not stress. There was not a single hiccup my entire day. I'm going to start the in-depth review next of the whole wedding so you will really feel comfortable when reading it. The pictures weren't bad - we got everything - 2 HUGE canvases, the book, like 80 already printed pictures 5x7 and 8x10, ALL the images on a cd and a slideshow and a video! The video is awesome because it isn't just our ceremony and the talking parts because really nobody wants to watch that again except the bride and groom haha! We got everything above for $2600. Keep checking back for the review - I'll try to do it tomorrow!

thank you i look forward to reading the review!!!! that price is NOT Bad. is the video the new video production they have started? i know i was told its now new how they made and do the video. i wish i can see a sample. you wouldnt have it on youtube or anything? sorry i am such a pain in the butt but i am going in this so blind. i appreciate you commenting back and i cant wait to read the review. from your pix you look gorgeous and congrats again!!!!!

I forgot to include this picture in the last post but this was what greeted us when we arrived at the house in Florida! My parents had left us this sweet note before they left the house last time they were down.

2015-06-09%2016.20.10_zpswmh7vsg0.jpg

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Woke up to a beautiful morning in Flagler Beach, FL! I decided to get in one last workout to help relax then went and grabbed an iced coffee from a fave coffee shop of mine a few blocks down A1A. I let Jon sleep and went on down to the beach to walk and get a little sun. See how pretty it was today?

2015-06-10%2011.41.57_zps5qem71rl.jpg

Anytime I walk I'm constantly looking for interesting shells, shark teeth, etc. Lo and behold as I was walking north towards the pier I looked down a found a huge, whole sand dollar! If that wasn't a sign for great things to come then I don't know what is!

2015-06-10%2011.06.35_zpsks59t0u2.jpg

We straightened up the house (we were coming back after the cruise) and started our 1.5 hour drive to Cape Canaveral at around 2:30 that afternoon. The beautiful skies from earlier were gone and it MONSOONED on the way down. Once we arrived at the Radisson Resort at the Port the rain had finally let up!

Lots of our family and friends were already there and more and more kept arriving. We were able to unload the car and get checked in to our rooms. We had booked 2 of the large suites since we would have people in our rooms in the morning getting ready. For every 15 rooms we booked we could give an upgrade to whoever we chose so a few people got a nice surprise when they checked in. We went ahead and moved the car to cruise parking just so we wouldn't have to worry with that in the morning. We freshened up and headed down to the lobby to socialize.

We spent the afternoon in the bar off the lobby and our crowd kept growing. It was a lot of fun as we had guests from all over, and some we don't get to see very often. My parents had gotten there earlier and had already set up our guest welcome bags in each of the seats in the Jamaica room where our dinner was held. They also set up our map so that people could go ahead and sign tonight. They also put out our polaroid cameras! These little cameras are so fun (they print the mini pictures). The room looked great. The round tables were set up with white tablecloths and a black overlay with votive candles in the center. The adjoining Montego room was set up with our buffet. My father-in-law paid for the dinner and chose the "create your own buffet" package at $30 per person. This package includes coffee/tea service, bread, and desserts. We chose the full salad bar, tomato basil soup, grilled london broil, shrimp scampi with pasta, au'gratin potatoes, green beans almandine, and mixed vegetables.

At 7:00 the room was opened for everyone to start getting settled. Soon enough everyone was in and having a great time. We didn't do assigned seating this night and it worked out that people were able to make some new friends on the trip. Everyone opened their bags and had a great time looking at all their surprises.

At 7:30 they let us know the food was ready so Jon and I gave a quick welcome and thanked everyone before we all started eating. The food was all great, and the staff kept everything fresh and full. The staff was constantly going around checking on tables and filling up drink glasses. We had one child that was a picky eater so I asked his parents ahead of time to let me know what he'd like to eat. The chef personally brought him out a hamburger and fries!

2015-06-11%2000.58.34_zps2pmf19ph.png

2015-06-11%2000.58.41_zpselytvret.png

2015-06-11%2000.59.41%201_zpsvz67usxp.png

After dinner we gave out the gifts! We gave the grandmothers their pins, and the girls all got their earrings and Carnival gift cards. Jon had chose to pay for the tuxes instead of gifts for the guys (which was more than fine by them)! We all hung around in the room and socialized and everyone started playing with the polaroids! We got so many fun pictures!

I also used this time to give the girls their hair/makeup schedules for the morning in my room. 2 of our friends were coming in the morning to get all of our flowers and give those out in the lobby while we were waiting on shuttles. Another friend got the shuttle list to make sure everyone was accounted for and double checked to make sure we had enough return shuttle tickets. She would also arrange the pick-up time for the non-sailing guests that afternoon. We are so fortunate to have friends willing to help us!

The rest of the night was spent at the pool and hot tub before taking it back to one of our friends room. I'm so glad we didn't have neighbors that weren't in our group because I know everyone was so loud! I finally laid down sometime around midnight but I don't remember falling asleep.

Congrats. Glad your wedding went well. I was married on the Sensation on May 24, 2015 and everything was perfect. We also did the pre-cruise dinner at the Radisson. Love all of your pictures. I also did a OOT bag for everyone but completely forgot to take pictures of everything I put in them.

thank you i look forward to reading the review!!!! that price is NOT Bad. is the video the new video production they have started? i know i was told its now new how they made and do the video. i wish i can see a sample. you wouldnt have it on youtube or anything? sorry i am such a pain in the butt but i am going in this so blind. i appreciate you commenting back and i cant wait to read the review. from your pix you look gorgeous and congrats again!!!!!

No I felt that the price was fair - actually would have cost a lot more if I'd have gone with one of the local photographers most use in my hometown! I'm assuming the video is the "new production". I don't have it uploaded to youtube yet but I will! I left it at my parents house the other day so he could make me several copies to give out. I would be nervous too if I was going into this blind. I was so comfortable with my day since I had been to a wedding on Carnival before!

Congrats. Glad your wedding went well. I was married on the Sensation on May 24, 2015 and everything was perfect. We also did the pre-cruise dinner at the Radisson. Love all of your pictures. I also did a OOT bag for everyone but completely forgot to take pictures of everything I put in them.

Thank you! Congratulations to you too. I just saw your review and it was great, you looked beautiful! It was such a fun experience.

Thank you for your review, and pictures. You look gorgeous and it seems like it was a great experience (which is reassuring to hear). I love your oot bags. I hope to do something similar.

Thank you for your review, and pictures. You look gorgeous and it seems like it was a great experience (which is reassuring to hear). I love your oot bags. I hope to do something similar.

Thank you! It was such a great day! I'll try to finish up the review today, if not it'll be next week so stay tuned.

Where did you get the custom map made? It's awesome!

I'm getting married on the Carnival Pride on 7/5, and would love to get one made to hang up in our house!

Congratulations, that's coming up soon! I LOVE this map and was so happy with how detailed she went on the customization (from my house down to the whale tail on the ship). Her name is Kim Arrington and she has a shop called LittleHouseShop on Etsy.

Good morning! It's WEDDING DAY!

I was woken up at 5:45am by my cousin/hairdresser extraordinaire ready to get set up! The girls were coming in starting at 6am with approximately 15-20 minutes between each one. I laid back down until around 6:30am when I finally got up and got showered. I wore the undergarments I was wearing under my dress, with denim shorts and my "bride" tank top. I also went ahead and wore my shoes (the sparkly blue Tom's wedges - so comfy!) and put my earrings in and rings on after hair was done (I didn't want the hairspray to dirty them all up!).

The girls hair ran right on schedule. I sat out at the desk with my makeup mirror and started my makeup while they finished up. The girls all had a simple updo (teasing in the front for some volume and a pretty bun of some type in the back). They all did their own makeup to save time and Sarah just touched everyone up.

Breakfast was set up downstairs in the same locations as our dinner from 7:30-9:00am. We had juice, coffee, tea, fruit, egg and cheese burritos with toppings, and sausage biscuits with assorted jelly. Jon and I wanted everyone to get a good meal that morning since the morning would be busy! The girls went downstairs and fixed me a plate of breakfast with coffee and one of the husbands made a Starbuck's run for some berry refreshers while I was getting my hair done!

Once my hair was finished she started on the finishing touches of my makeup and helped me make sure I had all of my bags. Before I knew it, it was 9:30 and time to be in the lobby. We all went downstairs and sure enough everyone was on time! I think having the breakfast set up encouraged people to get up and get going. Someone snapped a picture of Jon and I that's hilarious - we look so caught off guard like deer in the headlights.

11392785_10102213195510581_4706739562164455780_n_zpsmp6nivom.jpg

The girl running the shuttles realized we had 100 people that needed to go so she came to us and asked if we'd like to go early? Of course we said sure! We went on the first shuttle since we knew what we were doing and wanted to make sure everyone else knew where to go. I left Kaytee in charge of the shuttle list and making sure everyone got on and had return tickets for non-sailing and sailing!

Some of our group:

11391257_10102213221403691_7891542497154737160_n_zpsnuuuezjc.jpg

My grandma and her friend, Patsy:

11377214_10102213221523451_1137681565214870694_n_zps9bybxfsl.jpg

We took a quick selfie on the shuttle being silly and posted it to FB with the caption "Marrying this joker today!".

11537702_10102213219677151_3737401991974195691_n_zpstngmihj7.jpg

We arrived at the port and were immediately able to drop our bags with the porters and head inside! We walked right through security with no delays and everyone was so friendly and helpful and kept congratulating us. No joke within 5 minutes we had our cards, pictures taken, and were all being seated in the waiting area they had roped off for us! All of our guests kept arriving on multiple shuttles and there were no issues with checking in for sailing and non-sailing guests.

Once we sat down (we were early) we waited around and socialized until our coorinators and officiant arrived. Soon enough here were Meg, Carol, and Mary! We all sat down and went over everything. I had everything organized in a different folder for each of them, plus a folder for the DJ and photographer. We also had our reception items in a bag with set-up instructions including the flowers and cake topper for our wedding cake. Once we were all comfortable we sat around and talked more while Carol and Meg went around to all of our guests and explained the time, location, and passed out deck plans. Oh, and for those wondering - we did NOT pay for the lido buffet for our non-sailing guests and Carol and Meg made sure to mention to our non-sailing guests that all they had to do was remove their guest badge.

The port workers were in constant communication and soon enough Carol asked Jon and I plus the bridal party to go ahead and line up and get ready to head upstairs to board. We started walking and our entire group got up and followed us. We were announced as we were walking up the stairs and the entire terminal cheered and clapped, it was awesome!

11412154_10102213387321191_6042296951725985304_n_zpso2bbp5vg.jpg

A friend of mine took this picture from the top of the escalator that shows our whole group walking in line to come upstairs!

11406995_10102213387485861_3780436551899262163_n_zpsbnkktjvm.jpg

That's all for today, much more to come!

I left off as we were heading upstairs in the terminal to board!

Walking up the gangway to board is always exciting, but this time was even better! I was the first person to board the ship today. On the Sensation you board on the Empress deck (7) right in the atrium lobby. Carol and I stepped off to the side and waiting for the rest of the girls to board.

The girls were coming to my room and Jon was going to my parents room to change. The rest of the guys were already dressed so a few of them went with Jon just to drop their bags off. Jon and I booked an extended balcony grand suite (all located on Upper deck 6) and my parents had an extended aft balcony (on Empress deck 7). Our ceremony was being held in the Fantasia Lounge at 12:45 with all guests to be there by 12:30. A quick rehearsal was being held at 12:15. They asked all of our guests to sit in the deck 8 level (Atlantic) of the theater.

Once the girls were together Carol took us downstairs to my room. Side note: We always try to book rooms that are central to everything the ship has to offer! We aren't really pick about forward, middle, aft. This time we wound up right in the center since that's where all the extended balcony grand suites are located. Sarah started touching everyones hair/makeup up so we all looked fresh now that we were inside for good! The phone rang just a few minutes later and it was our photographer, Yoga! We asked if he'd come on to our room to take a few pictures of me and the girls before they had to go rehearse at 12:15. I also called my parents room and told them to come too! My mama forgot to give Jon his boutonniere so she went and did that first then would come back with my dad.

In the meantime Yoga arrived to my room and he started on the pictures! He may be one of the nicest, sweetest people I've ever met. Here are the first pictures he took!

15p004_zpsq9ip55ie.jpg

15p005_zpsfjahlsrm.jpg

15p013%201_zpsblqo4pq1.jpg

15p001%201_zps42vuslzs.jpg

15p017_zps5zrbw1ml.jpg

15p018_zps1won5va7.jpg

We hung around in the room with Yoga and got the pictures we wanted then he went on to the theater to get set up.

Group pictures while everyone was getting seated - my grandmother and Patsy probably gossiping haha!

15p024_zpsssb1f028.jpg

Around 12:30 Carol said we could go ahead and head that way so we took the elevator up to deck 9 (Promenade). Once we got off the elevator everyone we passed kept saying congratulations!

My mama went on down to deck 8 (Atlantic) to take her seat up front. It was at this time Carol introduced us to Elina (the on board wedding hostess). Elina was from the Ukraine and was so sweet (not to mention beautiful, our single guy friends were drooling)!

The wedding party was all going to enter one by one on deck 8 and my daddy and I would come down the stairs from deck 9 since it's so pretty. Three of the guys were technically "bridesmaids" and one of the girls was a "groomsman" so we just said forget it and called it a wedding party! We did pick a best man and matron of honor though.

Carol told me to stop once we got off the stairs so she could straighten my train. She asked if we'd like to go ahead and start at 12:40 since everyone was ready. We did and she went downstairs and left us with Elina. Just a few seconds later we heard our wedding party entrance music start - UB40's version of "Can't Help Falling In Love With You". (Daddy and I couldn't see anything but later when I watched the videos multiple people took every single person in the wedding stopped and hugged Jon before walking to their place - I cried.)

15p053_zpscjqbqh76.jpg

Jon hugging his best man, Cole and Leslie (my MOH) coming in behind him

15p052_zps8yyi5y40.jpg

We heard the music fade and knew everyone was in place then it was our turn! Our officiant, Mary, said "I ask that everyone please rise in honor of our bride". Jon and I chose Bob Marley's "Is This Love" for my entrance. The song started, so we waited a few seconds then started coming down the stairs.

d7fee948-c575-48b2-9f61-913efa324b20_zps5csseiwl.jpg

15p058_zpsfeushy4z.jpg

I was looking right at Jon. He'd seen me that day with my hair/makeup mostly done but he'd never seen the dress or any of my accessories - not even the bouquet. I never once felt nervous/anxious - just a sweet and happy moment!

15p061_zps4urkjyrd.jpg

15p062_zps2wcziz4s.jpg

15p085_zpsdgf79scj.jpg

Our ceremony was short and sweet - less than 10 minutes if I had to guess! We exchanged rings, said our vows, and didn't do any extra songs or ceremonies, just a reading of this one blessing:

May your home be filled with laughter and the warm embrace of a summer day.

May you find peacefulness and beauty, challenge and satisfaction, humor and insight, healing and renewal, love and wisdom, as in a quiet heart.

May you always feel that what you have is more than enough.

Finally - "Jonathan, you may kiss your beautiful bride"!

15p091_zpsdyzd99dl.jpg

Everyone cheered and our exit song cued up - Smokey Robinson's "Cruising". We walked out and our wedding party followed. We all hugged and celebrated and then went back in to do the same with our families!

Since our reception wasn't slated to start until 1:30 we had plenty of time for group pictures. Here are just a few of the whole group, bridal party, and family pictures we took!

15p115_zpsube0k6ni.jpg

15p128_zpshjelaou1.jpg

15p140_zps06mcudat.jpg

15p123_zpspyxzdori.jpg

15p170_zpsgg2uhorv.jpg

15p161_zpsk2gq5keg.jpg

15p162_zpsrjdbmt2h.jpg

15p171%202_zpsgtk4q1pq.jpg

15p144_zpsc3mckztc.jpg

Even after taking all of the pictures we wanted we were still early for the reception but they let our guests go ahead and head that way! Jon and I were the last to go with Mary and Meg.

Carol and Elina had gone ahead and made sure our guests got inside and ready for our entrance. We discovered later that they had figured out the polaroids we had at our entrance guest book table and had taken pictures beforehand of the crew setting up for our reception and decorating our cake!

More to come!

Jon and I headed up the staircase in the theater to deck 9 (Promenade). By this time 1:15-1:20 lots of people were on the ship. Everyone stopped to congratulate us, tell us how nice we looked, love the dress, etc! Talk about a boost of confidence haha! We made it to the Kaleidoscope and were immediately given some champagne. Well here comes Mary with 2 more glasses so we knocked back the first then hung on to the 2nd to walk in with. We decided to wear our sunglasses to walk in with.

Jon looks so secret service here.

10351321_10102225634527691_5251416738650966191_n_zpsmvijl8s9.jpg

We snapped a few with polaroids while we were waiting too. I'm telling you - people had so much fun with these little cameras! The first 2 pictures are of our DJ and some of the crew setting up our reception. Meg is on the left of us and Carol on the right.

11537705_10102218335150701_2860971404557932193_n_zpsbuqhnwkg.jpg

We didn't pick a specific song to walk in to - just requested fun, upbeat music. We walked in to Pharrell's "Happy" - which was a perfect choice! I caught a glimpse of the guest book table right as we walked in and thought it was beautiful. Side note - we brought our own flowers but the bouquet and boutonniere provided turned out pretty. I kept them in my room during the trip to enjoy. I thought they looked nice on the guest book table!

11009204_10102229579372191_1001166711754356195_n_zpsnwxu3kv5.jpg

As we walked in everyone was cheering and we toasted our glasses with people as we walked by since they made sure everyone had champagne! The room was packed as we followed the path to our cake table.

11412356_1010714968961389_1888240446994633098_n_zpshux6qvyw.jpg

When we got to the end and could see our cake all I could say was "oh my gosh". It was beautiful. The cake was set up front and center and they had gone ahead and taken my bouquet to add as an extra decoration. Our cake flavors were (from top to bottom) - coconut with coconut filling, lemon with cream cheese filling, marble with chocolate filling, and butter/vanilla with strawberry filling. We asked for a simple cake with no piping and brought our own topper and flowers. It was perfect! They bake the cakes fresh the morning of your wedding and it was all so delicious.

This picture was taken before the wedding so there's no bouquet shown here.

10930908_10102225634492761_2396660242842335997_n_zpsmljwwlqi.jpg

11390154_1010717118961174_4393683056843388730_n_zpsvzwfmjtl.jpg