Snorkeling on Labadee

Cozumel and Falmouth, Jamaica.

Cozumel had awesome snorkeling both for beginners and experienced individuals, I recommend a excursion where you will swim with experienced snorkelers that can help you out, most excursions include all the equipment and are reasonably priced

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
beach snork' at Labadee is a DON'T BOTHER imo

I've been a snork' and SCUBA guy for 40 years and I don't even take my mask off the ship at lab'dee

same here..... however labadee is now offerring snorkel excursion.... so we are looking for reports on that..otherwise don't even bother from shore

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Labadee snorkeling isn't really snorkeling per se but our 15yo son and I (both certified divers) enjoyed floating along looking at the life in the lagoon (on the ship side; one w the cabanas.) Out by the divider ropes we spent quite awhile following well camouflaged little fish just getting their next meal or defending their tiny territories. It's not spectacular colors or pretty coral, but interesting and relaxing. Bring your own stuff and relax. Definitely enjoy snorkeling in Cozumel!

I do a clean up snorkel at labadee,water is fairly clear and calm and just to get in the water I pick up trash left in the water,I have found all kinds of stuff.

Great idea! Thanks for the service idea!

beach snork' at Labadee is a DON'T BOTHER imo

I've been a snork' and SCUBA guy for 40 years and I don't even take my mask off the ship at lab'dee

I haven't seen any place worth the effort at Labadee either. I think in recent years they offered a boat ride to a sand bar that mentioned snorkeling, but I haven't read anything to make me want to do it.

Labadee snorkeling isn't really snorkeling per se but our 15yo son and I (both certified divers) enjoyed floating along looking at the life in the lagoon (on the ship side; one w the cabanas.) Out by the divider ropes we spent quite awhile following well camouflaged little fish just getting their next meal or defending their tiny territories. It's not spectacular colors or pretty coral, but interesting and relaxing. Bring your own stuff and relax.

This is my DW and my plan when we arrive in Labadee come 01 August after diving in Bermuda and St. Maarten earlier in the cruise. A nice, relaxing day trolling around the lagoon sounds perfect to me...