Houston Best Western plus ?

miss tea

What time does your flight arrive? You could get a super good deal closer to Galveston like Texas City or League City. League City is just over the Bay Bridge and hotels are super inexpensive. And then you're so much closer to shop the next morning. Traffic on a Weekend morning can be bad with so many people going to the island for the weekend

I would go to Galveston and stay there. Houston airport isnt very close to the port, if IAH you are even farther.

I stayed at a hotel that gave parking for rental car, free dropoff and pickup to cruise terminal and right on the beach.

I would definitely try and book in Galveston, I live in League City and the weekend traffic on I-45 can be horrific due to all of the never ending construction.

We have a tranfer picking us up at 8:30am from hotel and driving us to Galveston. I'm hoping that is plenty of time.

We live in Houston, my sister lives in south houston right near airport and hwy 3.that hotel is fine for an overnight stay and you can Uber to the liquor or grocery store for wine and snacks the night or day before. 830 is a good time to get the shuttle, you should be settled in Galveston after about an hour. Staying in Galveston or Texas city, even Kemah will put you closer but nothing wrong with staying near hobby airport. Traffic is horrible everywhere in Houston but you have plenty of time to make the port. I would not chance anything after noon, just because the traffic can really snarl up from time to time on I 45. Galveston would be nice to stay if you can get a good rate but not totally necessary to stay there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We live in Houston, my sister lives in south houston right near airport and hwy 3.that hotel is fine for an overnight stay and you can Uber to the liquor or grocery store for wine and snacks the night or day before. 830 is a good time to get the shuttle, you should be settled in Galveston after about an hour. Staying in Galveston or Texas city, even Kemah will put you closer but nothing wrong with staying near hobby airport. Traffic is horrible everywhere in Houston but you have plenty of time to make the port. I would not chance anything after noon, just because the traffic can really snarl up from time to time on I 45. Galveston would be nice to stay if you can get a good rate but not totally necessary to stay there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the info

What are your thoughts , Best Western plus on airport Blvd. How is the neighborhood, how is the Hotel, cleanliness, etc. Just need to stay for one night before cruise.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn which is next door. The neighborhood is fine. We flew in late the night before our cruise (to save a vacation day) & used the free airport shuttle.

• 2 weeks later...
We stayed at the Hampton Inn which is next door. The neighborhood is fine. We flew in late the night before our cruise (to save a vacation day) & used the free airport shuttle.

We are staying at Hampton Inn in October was it ok? Did you eat anywhere close?

We stayed at the Drury Inn at Hobby last time we cruised from Galveston, and will be staying there again in October. Rooms are clean, they have free breakfast, a nice evening social hour with free drinks and lite dinner, and free airport transportation. Recommended!