Changing fully paid reservations on SS?

SeekingShelter

We have a SS cruise booked for later this year, which departs from and returns to port in the USA.

We took advantage of the early pay discount, so the cruise is fully paid, but is still 6 months away.

Given the current deterioration in the political discourse between our country (we’re Canadian) and the USA, we are seriously considering changing our cruise to one which doesn’t include American ports.

What sort of penalties would I incur to make the change this far out?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

SeekingShelter, we too are Canadian and are avoiding spending our money in the US given the current unnecessary turmoil caused by you know who.

We recently booked a SS cruise out of BGI, and took advantage of the early booking discount. If you are outside of the cancellation period then you can cancel and rebook. There is a nominal charge which I think can be applied to another booking. Here is the wording found on the SS website:

CRUISE CANCELLATIONS

If you find it necessary to cancel your reservation or anycomponent thereof, you or your travel professional are requiredto contact the Silversea Reservations Department by telephoneas well as submit your cancellation in writing. If your cancellationrequest is received more than 120 days prior to your initialsailing date, a USD$200 non-refundable administrative fee willbe charged per booking. This administrative fee may beconverted to a future cruise credit valid for travel within 12 monthsfrom the date of the cancelled voyage. Cruise cancellationrequests received within 120 days of the initial sailing date willbe subject to the following charges, regardless of suite resale:

120 – 91 days prior to the initial sailing date: 15% of the total cruise fare per person;

90 – 61 days prior to the initial sailing date: 50% of the total cruise fare per person;

60 – 31 days prior to the initial sailing date: 75% of the total cruise fare per person;

30 – 0 days prior to the initial sailing date or nonappearance at the time of sailing: 100% of the total cruise fare per person.

Guests who downgrade suite categories within 120 days of the initial sailing date will incur cancellation penalties on the difference in cruise fare between the two suites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Sunprince

They may waive the cancellation fee if you re-book on a different cruise. It's worth asking, anyway.

You made your current booking well in advance, so you got a (relatively) low fare. The fare for your replacement booking will be at the current pricing. Depending on how far ahead it is, the current pricing may be higher than when it was first offered, of course.

They may waive the cancellation fee if you re-book on a different cruise. It's worth asking, anyway.

No need to grovel for what is in effect a waiver. They will charge a $200 administrative fee (per booking, not per person). That fee can be applied to a future cruise sailing within a year of the date of the cancelled cruise. "This administrative fee may be converted to a future cruise credit valid for travel within 12 months from the date of the cancelled voyage."

SeekingShelter and Sunprince,

Please know that you have many friendly neighbors down here no matter what. I respect your decision and your reasons, and I hope you find somewhere wonderful to go next winter!

With best regards,

• 2 weeks later...

We are also booked and pre-paid in full for a SilverSea Cruise in June 2019, including paying for the Business Class airfare upgrade. I read the postings earlier about the $200 per booking cancellation fees that can be applied to a future cruise but what about our pre-paying for the Business class air upgrades. No tickets issued or booked yet since flights not yet available for our cruise dates. Would they reimburse us for that as well?

We are also booked and pre-paid in full for a SilverSea Cruise in June 2019, including paying for the Business Class airfare upgrade. I read the postings earlier about the $200 per booking cancellation fees that can be applied to a future cruise but what about our pre-paying for the Business class air upgrades. No tickets issued or booked yet since flights not yet available for our cruise dates. Would they reimburse us for that as well?

I don't see why they wouldn't.