Premium restaurant question

We are taking our first RSSC cruise in 10 years this fall on Voyager in a Concierge cabin. Last time was Mariner in 2008 in a Penthouse C and had a great time. We have made our reservations each for Chartreuse and P7. Question though, and I looked all over the website and cannot find an answer:

We can make reservations for 1 night at each which, I believe is understandable as I could see some people eating in a small premium restaurant almost every night if they could, but if there is an evening with availability, is it possible to have a 2nd night in a premium? We are on a 12 night cruise.

Also, can we pre-order breakfast room service the evening before for a set time?

Edited by slidebite

We are taking our first RSSC cruise in 10 years this fall on Voyager in a Concierge cabin. Last time was Mariner in 2008 in a Penthouse C and had a great time. We have made our reservations each for Chartreuse and P7. Question though, and I looked all over the website and cannot find an answer:

We can make reservations for 1 night at each which, I believe is understandable as I could see some people eating in a small premium restaurant almost every night if they could, but if there is an evening with availability, is it possible to have a 2nd night in a premium? We are on a 12 night cruise.

Also, can we pre-order breakfast room service the evening before for a set time?

There is no problem making additional reservations on board if there is availability in a particular specialty restaurant. There is a reservation desk on deck five which handles additional restaurant reservations.

Each evening your room steward or stewardess will leave a breakfast order door hanger on your bed. Just fill it out, select a delivery time and hang it on your door before you go to sleep. I believe you can also order anything from the breakfast menu in Compass Rose in addition to what is printed on the door hanger order form by writing it on the form.

Hope this helps.

Absolutely as others have said. You can improve your chances by not requesting a table for 2 but being willing to share (our preferred choice anyway...we like to meet people). Also be flexible with time and you can probably get into the specialty restaurants pretty much when you wish.

FYI, since you have last sailed on Regent, the menu in Compass Rose has changed considerably, which for DW and me makes specialty restaurants not quite so important as it was in the past.

There is a new "always available" menu, here are appetizers that can be ordered any time 9311b9f4e2c89c0db7dda0a52de0f374.jpg

(don't ask me why escargot is under meat) [emoji848]

Here are the always available entrées b2a969e6d73f44a102184108bd82821f.jpg

Plus, of course, daily specials. Food is obviously very subjective, but for my wife and me, the Dover sole, for example, was more flavorful in CR than it was in Chartreuse, filleted table side in CR, not in Chartreuse. The filet mignon in CR, for me, was at least as good in CR as I was in P7.

I am not dissing Chartreuse and P7, just a big fan of CR.

Also, you can pre order items in CR, some favorites of CC members are miso glazed sea bass and chateaubriand.

Don't know whether or not this floats your boat, but hot off the press news is that through the Mediterranean season, on the Voyager and only the Voyager, the pool grill is open for casual dining in the evening, which many people on our recent cruise were happy to take advantage of.

And oh, yes, don't forget Sette Mari, no reservations needed.

I have just made myself mighty hungry! [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Boblerm - Could I ask a big favor of you? I forwarded your 2 pictures of the "always available" entree and appetizer menu to a good friend of mine. He and his DW have never cruised on Regent before and they are seriously considering coming with us on our next Regent cruise.

My friend asked if it might be possible for you to take pics of an entire CR dinner menu and post it for us here? Not just the "always available" parts of the menu but a full "regular" menu on any typical night that you might pick, with all the selections showing (appetizers, salads, entrees, deserts, etc.). I have been "raving" (to him) about the Regent meals and selections, along with all the wonderful and various selections available each day. I would really appreciate it if you could take a bit of time to do this.

Perhaps you could "borrow" a menu from CR one day and snap the pics at your convenience without interrupting your dinner? Many Thanks. Best Regards. Really enjoying all your posts!

Boblerm - Could I ask a big favor of you? I forwarded your 2 pictures of the "always available" entree and appetizer menu to a good friend of mine. He and his DW have never cruised on Regent before and they are seriously considering coming with us on our next Regent cruise.

My friend asked if it might be possible for you to take pics of an entire CR dinner menu and post it for us here? Not just the "always available" parts of the menu but a full "regular" menu on any typical night that you might pick, with all the selections showing (appetizers, salads, entrees, deserts, etc.). I have been "raving" (to him) about the Regent meals and selections, along with all the wonderful and various selections available each day. I would really appreciate it if you could take a bit of time to do this.

Perhaps you could "borrow" a menu from CR one day and snap the pics at your convenience without interrupting your dinner? Many Thanks. Best Regards. Really enjoying all your posts!

Here’s a link to the dining section of the Regent website which shows full sample menus from the various restaurants. It will give your friends the information they want. https://www.rssc.com/experience/cuisine

Hope this helps.

Pingpong1, I am home now, but I did take a pic of one of the night's regular menu, and I found 1 that I took on the Explorer in March. Between these and the link that Dave posted, that should give you friends a good idea as to what is typically available in CR, as well as the specialty restaurants.

I hope that they decide to jo you!

Bob05b7bfef300377b2c9659dbe6999c3d0.jpg

308f37ccf8726d68c08fdb969eb8c0c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
... Each evening your room steward or stewardess will leave a breakfast order door hanger on your bed. Just fill it out, select a delivery time and hang it on your door before you go to sleep. I believe you can also order anything from the breakfast menu in Compass Rose in addition to what is printed on the door hanger order form by writing it on the form.

Hope this helps.

Re; Breakfast - All I want is coffee and juice and trust there is no problem handing the breakfast delivery person a few dollars/euros (tip). Our first time on RSS and just want to make certain I don't upset any carts.

No tips are expected. If you want to show extra "appreciation," may I suggest that you contribute to the crew fund. We just take our contribution to guest services, and it is accepted with gratitude. The money is used for things such as crew parties, and in some cases, helping to get a crew member home in case of a family emergency.

Re; Breakfast - All I want is coffee and juice and trust there is no problem handing the breakfast delivery person a few dollars/euros (tip). Our first time on RSS and just want to make certain I don't upset any carts.

As the previous poster posted' date=' tipping is not expected or necessary. Below is the question and answer from the Regent website:

SHOULD I TIP ONBOARD?

Gratuities are included in the cruise fare for all Regent employees. If guests feel strongly about expressing their gratitude to the crew, they should be encouraged to make a donation to the Crew Welfare Fund at the Purser Office. This money is utilized for crew parties and events.

The best way to reward crew members (aside from donating to the Crew Welfare Fund) is to use your Final Questionnaire to name crew members that have been helpful to you. Promotions, rewards, etc. are based in large part to passenger input. We take note of crew members names all the time and try hard not to forget anyone.

In our experience, Regent make a very good job of room service breakfast - whether it be just coffee or the full works. Always on time and well presented.

Tipping is a personal decision but, as others have said, tipping on board Regent ships is neither required nor expected.

On a cruise last year I was amazed to see someone give dollars to a waitress just for delivering eggs to their table from the omelette station in La Veranda at breakfast .............. but each to their own.