Costa Pricing

I am from the UK and have not cruised with Costa before but I am looking to book a cruise on Costa Venezia. The cruise will be departing from Trieste on the 3rd of March 2019.

I am looking to book as a single. I have spoken to Costa and they want to charge me double the rate for double occupancy. This would be a 100% single supplement.

I was hoping to pay about 50% to 75% single supplement. This would be similar to other lines I have booked previously including Carnival owned brands.

Please could I ask if a 100% single supplement is usual on Costa. Should I wait for a sale or book a particular way.

Thank you in advance, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is a brand new ship, and I am not sure of the lay-out yet.

However most, if not all Costa ships have some single cabins, deals often come up late but it is normal for single to pay between 50 & 70 percent more on advanced bookings. Sometime it is worth looking at last minute deals with them booking as a couple then on one turn up.

Don't tell them I said so.

That is a brand new ship, and I am not sure of the lay-out yet.

However most, if not all Costa ships have some single cabins, deals often come up late but it is normal for single to pay between 50 & 70 percent more on advanced bookings. Sometime it is worth looking at last minute deals with them booking as a couple then on one turn up.

Don't tell them I said so.

Thank you. I think I will wait and watch the price. As you suggest a deal may come up. I would happily pay a 50% or 70% supplement. I would also not mind a higher supplement on a lower fare. It would currently cost me £200 a day for an inside cabin on the basic tariff.

Thank you again, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Stephen,

I don't if you would be interested but there are sites that single meet up for cruises (holiday's) sharing cost and the like, even on hear given the time you have you could meet someone you are compatible with.