Cabs at Victoria Cruise Terminal

We will be arriving in Victoria BC at 4:00 on a Fri,Jul 20th (NCL Bliss). We do not have any excursions planned, just going to dinner. I know there will be plenty of cabs at the terminal when we dock, but will there still be cabs hanging around and let’s say 6:00 pm? Or are we better off grabbing one earlier and walking around the area prior to dinner? We are planning on going to The Keg Steakhouse & Bar on the corner of Fort and Wharf streets. Also, am I correct in thinking that Uber / Lyft are not available in Victoria?

I've never not seen a few cabs at the pier when a ship is in town (we're usually back an hour or more before last boarding, and there are still a few waiting for any last-minute rides even then).

No Uber/Lyft, correct.

Other alternative is simply to walk! Burn off the calories from your steak in advance by enjoying a nice stroll to the resto - it's about a half-hour regardless of route.

We are planning on going to The Keg Steakhouse & Bar on the corner of Fort and Wharf streets.

Oh man, my old stompin' grounds. *blush* Many good meals and good times there. Remember when the salad bar was included with your meal? :D

OP, have fun. Be sure to stop in at Rogers' Chocolates on Government Street and get some Victoria Creams, yummy. ;)

Oh man, my old stompin' grounds. *blush* Many good meals and good times there. Remember when the salad bar was included with your meal? :D

OP, have fun. Be sure to stop in at Rogers' Chocolates on Government Street and get some Victoria Creams, yummy. ;)

Was that when the walk was also uphill both ways? ;-)

Other alternative is simply to walk! Burn off the calories from your steak in advance by enjoying a nice stroll to the resto - it's about a half-hour regardless of route.

Thanks for the walking info. I was thinking it would be further than 30 minutes. Can burn double the calories walking both ways :) We have never been to Victoria - would you suggest one route over the other as far what we will see along the way?

I was already thinking about stopping by Chocolats Favoris - will add Rogers' to the list as well !!

Thanks for the walking info. I was thinking it would be further than 30 minutes. Can burn double the calories walking both ways :) We have never been to Victoria - would you suggest one route over the other as far what we will see along the way?

I'd be inclined to go right along the water one way (this does add a little distance/time, try manually dragging the Google map to Barb's Fish & Chips which will ensure you hit Fisherman's Wharf) and then just the 'straight route' back continuing up Government - again this adds some distance, but it leads you to a small park on the waterfront, only a block from Beacon Hill Park (if you're up for say an hour of walking, a wee pootle into here is well worth it if it's still daylight). Maybe do the longer walk to BHP on the way in now I think about it to ensure you can see well, then come back via Fisherman's wharf (or take one of the wee ferries if the walk through the park was enough for you, there are two stops very close to the Keg and when ships are in port they add an extra leg taking you put to Ogden Point as long as weather allows)

Cabs will be there at 6pm. Just make sure you walk far enough to grab a city cab - there will be a port employee directing you there. The first group of cabs you see will try to take you on a tour of the city

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the rules in Canada about car seats in taxis? In the US it differs by city. For example in downtown Chicago you can take a kid in a taxi without a car seat. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the rules in Canada about car seats in taxis? In the US it differs by city. For example in downtown Chicago you can take a kid in a taxi without a car seat. Thanks!

No car seats required for 'professional drivers' in BC - taxis, limos, transit. Personally though just because I can legally stick an unsecured kid in the back of a cab, if it was a kid I gave a crap about I'd still be bringing my own car seats! Legally cabbies cannot start the meter until you install the seats, but they don't have to help install them. Consider acquiring 'bubble bum' travel inflatable restraints that you can use regardless of which state or province you're traveling in, as they meet the strictest requirements around (Swedish) and exceed those needed for any US/Canadian jurisdiction.