Disney Dream questions

doone

helping my cousin with their first cruise, they selected the Disney Dream 4-day cruise. I am not familiar with Disney cruises and thought I'd come right to the experts.

There is a group of 6 adults and 12 kids. They have book 3 outside cabins on Deck 2 mid ship. Two of the adults and 2 kids are driving to Orlando from New England as one of the adults won't fly, the rest are flying in on either Saturday or Sunday.

Here is the first question, transporting the ones flying into Orlando airport to a hotel at Port Canaveral, looks like booking with Contrans will save some money assuming they will drop the, at a hotel of their choice and then pick them up at the pier and take them back to the airport at cruise end, would that be their best bet?

What hotel would you suggest for children under the age of 7 that has maybe a nice pool, free breakfast and within walking distance of a restaurant?

Also what shouldn't they miss on this wonderful ship?

I appreciate any help you can give me for my cousin...

First, decide whether they want an MCO area hotel or a hotel near the cruise terminal. It is about a 45 minute drive from the airport to the cruise terminal. MCO hotels are cheaper and you only need to use transportation once. Port hotels are obviously closer, but you need to get to the hotel and then you need to get to the cruise terminal the next morning. There is always the possibility of an accident on the Beach Line delaying things in the morning, but if a car can't get there, neither can the DCL buses.

A private transportation company will definitely be the cheapest way to go for this many people.

In the MCO area, we like the Hyatt Place NW (this is not the same as the Hyatt MCO). It is walking distance from a TGI Friday's, serves a great breakfast, has a pool, etc. Look for discount codes as it isn't the cheapest place. We also like the Country Inn and Suites by the airport. Both have complimentary transportation from the airport, so you can have your transportation pick you up there in the morning. Also, drivers from both places will take you to different restaurants when they are not doing hotel rooms...for the price of a tip. In the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area. the closest hotels are the Residence Inn and the Country Inn and Suites, but there are lots of others in town. I'd avoid the Best Western Inn and Suites....we stayed there once because we needed a suite for 6 and other facilities were full. Hopefully it has been remodeled since we were there. The boys said the fold out couch was pretty bad.

hints for your cousin...tell him/her to do his/her own research! Or take you along......

6 adults and 12 kids will not fit in 3 cabins. no way. Each of the cabins they've booked will sleep 4 people.

First' date=' decide whether they want an MCO area hotel or a hotel near the cruise terminal. It is about a 45 minute drive from the airport to the cruise terminal. MCO hotels are cheaper and you only need to use transportation once. Port hotels are obviously closer, but you need to get to the hotel and then you need to get to the cruise terminal the next morning. There is always the possibility of an accident on the Beach Line delaying things in the morning, but if a car can't get there, neither can the DCL buses.

A private transportation company will definitely be the cheapest way to go for this many people.

In the MCO area, we like the Hyatt Place NW (this is not the same as the Hyatt MCO). It is walking distance from a TGI Friday's, serves a great breakfast, has a pool, etc. Look for discount codes as it isn't the cheapest place. We also like the Country Inn and Suites by the airport. Both have complimentary transportation from the airport, so you can have your transportation pick you up there in the morning. Also, drivers from both places will take you to different restaurants when they are not doing hotel rooms...for the price of a tip. In the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area. the closest hotels are the Residence Inn and the Country Inn and Suites, but there are lots of others in town. I'd avoid the Best Western Inn and Suites....we stayed there once because we needed a suite for 6 and other facilities were full. Hopefully it has been remodeled since we were there. The boys said the fold out couch was pretty bad.

hints for your cousin...tell him/her to do his/her own research! Or take you along......

6 adults and 12 kids will not fit in 3 cabins. no way. Each of the cabins they've booked will sleep 4 people.[/quote']

Ooops that was a typo, should have been 12 total, 6 kids 6 adults...........